GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I joined here on Monday because I am from the area (since moved away) and a lot of friends were helping with the search efforts. I am amazed at how all of you really pick up on a lot of detail and come up with things I miss.

WARNING GRAPHIC:

Not saying that I believe the uncle's story, necessarily, but...

Sometimes living things can twitch reflexively but be mortally wounded/imminently moribund. There's really nothing that can be done to "save" them but they do give the appearance of still being alive. It's usually a brain-stem mediated thing. I work with diseased (non-human) brains in a laboratory and this is not uncommon.

I am sorry for being so graphic.

helpful

Thank you for this post sharing your knowledge from work experience and thanks for the warning, which allows us to skip past post or adjust our mindsets, if needed, and continue reading.

Pls don't refrain from posting further explanations you may have. :seeya:

Pssstttt... how do we get a new thread started???

I hope there is not a trial. It is a huge expense, painful for the survivors and if there is confession and a fair sentence to whatever the crime turns out to be, not necessary, IMO.

My source is http://www.thexradio.com/news/78-lo...authorities-searching-for-missing-watson-girl

The above link includes a fairly decent photograph of the general vicinity in which she was found, as well as all the investigators' vehicles. With regard to exact pinpoint spot and description of how she was left no....that wouldn't be public knowledge yet (I wouldn't think?), as I would imagine they'll use a lot of that information to contribute their case against JD...probably/maybe?

I just realized it sounded like I said I've been scouring for the discovery location since Sunday, which isn't what I meant, and I have since edited it to reflect that.

http://goo.gl/maps/28Vyu

This appears to be the spot where the photo in that link was taken.

I hope there is not a trial. It is a huge expense, painful for the survivors and if there is confession and a fair sentence to whatever the crime turns out to be, not necessary, IMO.

Perhaps. I think I've been deleting twice as many posts as I've been posting. Half of what I say is based solely on emotional impulse...rageposting I guess. I want him to pay in every possible way for what he did to Willow, and I don't even know them. I guess I didn't consider that seeing their own family member on the stand admitting to the horrific act(s) would definitely have a very traumatic effect on them. :( ...you're right.

http://goo.gl/maps/28Vyu

This appears to be the spot where the photo in that link was taken.

Everything seems to line up, yes. It doesn't look like a riverbed, but we can't see beyond the trees. It doesn't say where her body was found, it says just south of the rest area on Route 37...it's in walking distance of that though, because that's where the LE parked their cars.

thank you very much for finding it.

All we know is the Uncle was arrested for 1st degree. After court tomorrow at 1pm there will be a presser. Those are the only facts we have.

Gitana- Willows uncle, mums younger brother has been charged with first degree murder. Through grandad we have heard that he is saying that Willow had an accident and was seriously hurt by a stick to her head. He thought she was dying so he "put her out of her misery".

He was arrested early Tuesday morning, Willow was found Monday night. Crime scene tape went up at the house Monday night too, I think.
I think it's a pile of excrement and the autopsy will reflect that but some believe that an accident and body dumping is plausible.

I'd find you links but I'm on my iPad mini and its all on my computer.

Thank you both so much!!!!!

As for murder 1 charge. They only need a homicide along with a felony to get murder 1. I think hiding the body and lying to LE (obstruction of justice) would be enough to bump the charge to murder1.

Just my opinion :)

Respectfully snipped by me. I think I know what you are talking about (felony murder). But I want to clarify that homicide is a felony and that you just need premeditation to get a murder 1 charge.

Also waiting for the report. I do see the possibility that one can be impaled by a stick. I can even go as far as putting someone out of their misery. It's just the HIDING of the body and not immediately giving such explanation that makes anyone suspicious.

Yeah, I can't. She's a human, not a bug.

and yet we do that to our beloved pets (and livestock)

But she's not a pet or livestock. She's also not some poor older person slowly dying over months or years of a terminal illness, for that matter. She's a precious baby with her whole life ahead of her. Normal human instinct with such a child is to take all measures to preserve her life.

*GRAPHIC*

Going out on a limb here. I 100% agree that legally it is murder. However, I would dread to be put in such a situation. *IF* the stick pierced her throat, is it possible that blood would have been coming through her mouth, nose etc? Choking? And if she was unable to breath, would she have been turning blue? Add to that Grandad's description of "twitching and dying". In the cold hard reality of that happening to a loved one, I think I would at least think about ending their suffering on the spot.

*End Graphic*

FWIW, I highly doubt that JD killed Willow in compassion. I can't imagine anyone not actually calling an ambulance if there was even the slightest chance of saving them. The closest approximation I can come up with is that he freaked out and didn't want to possibly be charged with manslaughter. Definitely murder.

This is not a soldier with his guts hanging out on a WwI battlefield with no help for miles away or a cowboy shot to ribbons surrounded by Indians in the desert, begging his buddy to end it. Come on, guys. Let's get real. The instinct when seeing our loved one or any human in such a condition is to stop the bleeding and scream/run for help. This isn't a movie. It's real life.

I think it's pretty obvious this child was raped and murdered by her horrible uncle and I'm not sure why we're dancing around so hard to buy some version of this creep's totally implausible yet self-serving story.

Poor little kid.

I will start a new thread in just a minute here!

Salem

I think it's pretty obvious this child was raped and murdered by her horrible uncle and I'm not sure why we're dancing around so hard to buy some version of this creep's totally implausible yet self-serving story.

Poor little kid.

Snipped by me, since this is the only portion of what you said that I don't understand. How is it "obvious" that Willow was raped by her uncle? I haven't seen anything from LE or newscasts (and I've been watching them all) that would lead me to believe he did this to her in addition to purposefully killing her (which I do believe he did). Obvious means to be self-evident, clearly seen, easily understood/perceived, etc. I don't see where rape fits into this? And this is more a curiosity/confusion question than anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph