GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's Manner of Death

So, Manner of Death could be homicide, suicide, accidental.

And the Cause of Death could be gunshot, drowning, poisoning, in all those above cases.

I knew that. :blushing:

Still working on my first cup of coffee.

Thanks to those who posted the link! Well, in the abstract, it IS possible for someone to fall on a log pile and become impaled by a very sharp branch. So it will be interested to see what the coroner says.

For those who say she covered for her brother, I think Willow's mom was totally only covering for HERSELF when she lied that she'd seen Willow in the morning.

Awaiting the coroner's report. :(

Also waiting for the report. I do see the possibility that one can be impaled by a stick. I can even go as far as putting someone out of their misery. It's just the HIDING of the body and not immediately giving such explanation that makes anyone suspicious.

I don't think she covered for herself. I think she told the truth as she remembered it and simply has her times all screwed up and really doesn't remember what day or morning/evening it was that she saw Willow watching a movie with her bro at 8:45...she thought it was that morning but it wasn't. I think there is also the possibility that she wasn't even home when this happened. She may have been at her bf's place doing what couples do. Who knows what she was doing at the time...but I do know she called the police at 10:49am.

Regardless of what she did or where she was...If she were guilty of anything in this case I believe she'd be in jail right along with JD...there's a reason she isn't.

...why would a mom purposely lie about where she was or what she was doing or who she was doing it with, if her daughter was missing and nobody knew where she was? o_O that would make zero sense.

Did I read that it's at 1:00 central time? (Following too many cases...:crazy:) I will definitely be listening to/watching the presser.

When is the press conference?

I just went back and found this:

DeRyke's initial court appearance will be at 1pm Wednesday in Effingham County Circuit Court. Effingham County State's Attorney Bryan Kibler said a press conference will follow the hearing. When asked about whether there are additional suspects in Long's death, Kibler said "no comment".

http://www.thexradio.com/news/78-lo...authorities-searching-for-missing-watson-girl

It is not legal in this country to "put someone out of their misery". That's called murder.

Thanks to those who posted the link! Well, in the abstract, it IS possible for someone to fall on a log pile and become impaled by a very sharp branch. So it will be interested to see what the coroner says.

For those who say she covered for her brother, I think Willow's mom was totally only covering for HERSELF when she lied that she'd seen Willow in the morning.

Awaiting the coroner's report. :(

I don't think we know yet, for sure, that the Mom lied. The stories are different. But I don't think we have enough information to say which, if either, is the truth or a lie. And the gpa's story could just be a mistake since, unless he was there Saturday night, it's just his re-telling someone else's version of the story-- and possibly re-telling it inaccurately. Afaik, we don't have any information suggesting that that GPA was home on Saturday night and the implication is that he wasn't, imo. jmo

People murder and then try to make it look like an accident al the time. I trust LE charged him with 1st degree for a reason. Unless that charge changes today, I believe he killed her and tried to cover it up.

Jumping off your post.

So far we have heard two versions via GP. 1) She tripped and died and Uncle hid her body and 2) Willow tripped and Uncle apparently "put her out of her misery" (I hate typing that) then hides her body.

The first version is accident, the second is murder. But in both versions, he moves Willow presumably so he isn't implicated. Neither version is murder made to look an accident, imo. I believe that Willow did fall on a stick but under what circumstance, and what else happened, I can't decide.

In other words, the only way I see him making murder look like an accident is if the stick story is a complete fabrication. But I don't think that.

There are other scenarios that I won't get into, but I would just like to say that it is also possible that JD's story is accurate and so is CD's. It is possible the crime took place Saturday evening, and it is also possible that mom saw Willow in front of the TV Sunday morning. I guess I'll just word it like that.

With regard to her passing, I think everything JD says happened, happened. Problem is, I think he smothered her when it happened, thus turning the possible accident into a homicide, and since smothering to "make it stop hurting her" is premeditated and calculated, deliberate action - that is 1st degree.

It is not legal in this country to "put someone out of their misery". That's called murder.

In the version of the interview that I saw, DD also said that JD planned to plead guilty to first degree murder. I think the whole stick thing is just a story JD made up to tell DD to absolve himself of moral blame even though he is guilty of criminal homicide because he (JD) knows he is caught and dead to rights but doesn't want to admit to his dad he's a cold blooded child-killer. DD probably believes him as implausible as it may seem because parents will believe a lot of crazy things to reconcile their thoughts when confronted with the fact that their child is an evil child-killer. If JD pleads guilty, we may never know what really happened.

I don't believe the stick story for a second. Something happened that made JD snap Sat night or Sun morning and kill WL. I don't believe there was anything accidental about it, especially if he is planning on pleading guilty.

There are other scenarios that I won't get into, but I would just like to say that it is also possible that JD's story is accurate and so is CD's. It is possible the crime took place Saturday evening, and it is also possible that mom saw Willow in front of the TV Sunday morning. I guess I'll just word it like that.

Do you mean as in she "saw her" but she might have already been deceased at the time?

BTW, love the quote in your signature :)
♥
"If what goes up must come down, then what goes missing must be found."
♥​

Also waiting for the report. I do see the possibility that one can be impaled by a stick. I can even go as far as putting someone out of their misery. It's just the HIDING of the body and not immediately giving such explanation that makes anyone suspicious.

hiding the body so close to home where it would be found

We have a full finished basement (rare in michigan) and there is someone living down there without egress windows (due to money) so, just because you shouldn't/can't ... doesn't mean they aren't IMO

ETA: it's NOT a child lol

Are you my landlady?:seeya:....:lol:

I know many people in Mi. who have really nice finished basements. IMO

Is the hearing today 1:00 EST, or 1:00 CST?

I cant wait for the press conference. Hopefully we will get some of these "stories" under control, there are way to many flying around out there.

I just hope that the grandparents are readying themselves for what LE and the coroner will have to say. This is just horrible/tragic for everyone all the way around.

I don't think she covered for herself. I think she told the truth as she remembered it and simply has her times all screwed up and really doesn't remember what day or morning/evening it was that she saw Willow watching a movie with her bro at 8:45...she thought it was that morning but it wasn't. I think there is also the possibility that she wasn't even home when this happened. She may have been at her bf's place doing what couples do. Who knows what she was doing at the time...but I do know she called the police at 10:49am.

Regardless of what she did or where she was...If she were guilty of anything in this case I believe she'd be in jail right along with JD...there's a reason she isn't.

...why would a mom purposely lie about where she was or what she was doing or who she was doing it with, if her daughter was missing and nobody knew where she was? o_O that would make zero sense.

[bbm]

it doesn't make sense to us but normal logic doesn't usually apply in these cases

people do it all the time - they lie to make themselves look better (to authorities and family/friends/community), to avoid criminal charges, because they're afraid authorities will remove the other child, because they're in denial etc. etc. etc.

they do it, even when the truth is glaringly obvious and very rarely later admit the truth because then they will face obstruction of justice charges, along with the disgust/disappointment of others so once they tell the first lie, it usually gets worse with more elaborations/adjustments if they think people aren't believing the first version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kforbes862