Found Deceased Canada- Lucas Singer-Kraus, 23, last seen @ family home washing dinner dishes, Kelowna, BC - 31 January 2024 *ACTIVE SEARCH*

Updated Feb. 5, 2024 9:46 p.m. EST rbbm
''His father described his son as “a little more down” than usual on the night he left.
“He has depressive episodes. We haven’t gotten to the point of having it diagnosed,” said Sean Kraus.''

''The community is focusing its search on the snow-covered Bear Creek forested area, within a few kilometres of Kraus’ home''

It got my attention,” said Kane Blake, president of the Okanagan Forest Task Force. “We’ve got a crew of about eight guys and we’re going to do whatever we can to help look for him and help the family out.”

''On Monday, the search provided a glimmer of hope.
“(We found) a really good match for his footprint, so that’s exceptionally positive,” said Kraus.''

oh wow
but did he have anything with him to be able to survive in the forest?

Could this be connected??? Not knowing...

ETA: Just not sure, but here's a rail trail map:
Moo. In the recent stories on news page you linked. Another man went missing from town on Monday. Probably sadly todo with one of them

Could this be connected??? Not knowing...

ETA: Just not sure, but here's a rail trail map:

Snipped...
...UPDATE 6:25 p.m.

The Kelowna RCMP says the rail trail between Dilworth Drive and the west end of Leathead Road has reopened.

Police say they have "cleared from the incident," but did not release any additional information about why they spent the day there.

Very sad news, my heart goes out to his loving family.
rbbm
''In the Facebook group set up for the search effort, a Saturday evening post attributed to the Singer-Kraus family says that Lucas has been found, and the family is asking for privacy “during this incredibly difficult time” as they process a “heartbreaking loss.”

“We extend our sincerest gratitude to everyone who dedicated their time, energy, donations, and volunteering in the search for Lucas. Your support and efforts did not go unnoticed, and the family is immensely grateful for your compassion and kindness,” the post reads.
It also asks for the community to take down the young man’s missing person posters.
The message did not share where Singer-Kraus was found or how he died.''

rbbm
''In the Facebook group set up for the search effort, a Saturday evening post attributed to the Singer-Kraus family says that Lucas has been found, and the family is asking for privacy “during this incredibly difficult time” as they process a “heartbreaking loss.”

“We extend our sincerest gratitude to everyone who dedicated their time, energy, donations, and volunteering in the search for Lucas. Your support and efforts did not go unnoticed, and the family is immensely grateful for your compassion and kindness,” the post reads.
It also asks for the community to take down the young man’s missing person posters.
Oh, no. So, so sad. Thanks for sharing the news.

rbbm

Oh, how sad. Such a bright young man, a great loss. Condolences to his brothers and parents, this is a great loss to them. They seem like a very kind family. RIP Lucas.

His obituary was posted; they are collecting donations for the Canadian Mental Health Association, so I think my guess at the MOD was correct

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NomDePlumme
Back