Found Deceased WY - Gabby Petito, Grand Teton National Park #88

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right - I said "bludgeoning" when I should have said "blunt-force trauma". However, blunt-force trauma is consistent with domestic violence, and the coroner said she was also strangled.

So I will ask again: If what you were saying was correct (even though it is clearly not correct) then how do you explain the manual strangulation?
They were hiking in an isolated mountainous region. Mountains are rocks. Falls can happen. The only domestic violence I'm aware of is the incident in Moab that GP admitted she had initiated. Her mother knew of the incident because she spoke to her while LE were still present.

Brian Laundrie confessed to her murder in his suicide note.

JMO

They were hiking in an isolated mountainous region. Mountains are rocks. Falls can happen. The only domestic violence I'm aware of is the incident in Moab that GP admitted she had initiated. Her mother knew of the incident because she spoke to her while LE were still present.

Brian Laundrie confessed to her murder in his suicide note.

JMO
Okay, so it sounds like you believe that he strangled her to put her out of her misery due to a fatal fall while hiking? Just trying to understand.

The FBI heavily implied with their statement that Brian Laundrie murdered Gabby Petito. Brian Laundrie himself admits to murdering Gabby Petito. We are all on the same page here.

A murderer is capable of lying. There are many serial killers that lie about their crimes and even take the knowledge of the extent of their crimes to their graves. Their are serial killers that will boast about murdering adult women, but then lie when it comes to their crimes against children.

You say you agree with the autopsy report, the FBI, and the suicide note left by BL. All of that evidence points to a homicide from domestic violence.
I've never heard of a suicide victim admitting to a murder in a suicide note and it is all a lie. That makes absolutely no sense to me.

Gabby admitted to LE that she initiated the hitting episode. Brian was trying to get away from her so she would calm down. Men can be victims of domestic violence.

JMO

Attachments

• 230207165336-no-tease-use-gabby-petito-injuries.jpg
    230207165336-no-tease-use-gabby-petito-injuries.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 8
I've never heard of a suicide victim admitting to a murder in a suicide note and it is all a lie. That makes absolutely no sense to me.

Gabby admitted to LE that she initiated the hitting episode. Brian was trying to get away from her so she would calm down. Men can be victims of domestic violence.

There was a witness that saw him hitting her earlier that day. The police on the scene didn't know about that witness till later.

Mybelle, please stop blaming the victim here. It's grossly offensive.

There was a witness that saw him hitting her earlier that day. The police on the scene didn't know about that witness till later.

Mybelle, please stop blaming the victim here. It's grossly offensive.

Time to agree to disagree and move on.

I know BL killed her because he admitted it in his suicide note.

JMO

Are you implying it is impossible for someone to lie in a suicide note? That no one, ever, anywhere, at any time, has ever lied in a suicide note?
Why on earth would anyone lie in a suicide note? Evidently the FBI believed it and that is why they closed the case. The FBI also met with GP's family.
JMO

Yesterday, the family of Gabrielle Petito met with the FBI at the Tampa Field Office as the investigation will be closed in the near future.

Why on earth would anyone lie in a suicide note? Evidently the FBI believed it and that is why they closed the case. The FBI also met with GP's family.
JMO

Yesterday, the family of Gabrielle Petito met with the FBI at the Tampa Field Office as the investigation will be closed in the near future.
<modsnip: unnecessary>

The FBI closed the case because the coroner said the cause of death was homicide and Brian confessed to committing the homicide. The FBI did not close the case because they believed everything in Brian's note.

The notebook contained "written statements by Mr. Laundrie claiming responsibility for Ms. Petito’s death," according to the FBI.

"The investigation did not identify any other individuals other than Brian Laundrie directly involved in the tragic death of Gabby Petito. The FBI’s primary focus throughout the investigation was to bring justice to Gabby and her family."

That justice is finding the person who killed her which they did.

Last edited by a moderator:
“Okay. Now, I know you mentioned earlier that one thing that you would like to get out of this lawsuit is for the Laundrie’s to experience the pain that you felt,” the lawyer continued. “How—how would you—how would you get that from this lawsuit?”

“Because they would—anything that’s out of their control, they can’t—they can’t control what the jury’s going to do. They can’t control what the judge is going to do. So they’ve got to sit there and be tormented and pay legal bills for all of you guys. And I don’t give a s***. I hope they go bankrupt on your s***. I truly do. I don’t want a dime from them. I don’t give a s*** about their money.”
I just wanted to express how incredibly heart-breaking this was to read. I cannot imagine the depth of their anguish and sorrow. I hope that the family of GP finds solace from this.

I also believe that they may win this litigation. Other people have already expressed my thoughts on this, so I mostly wanted to mention how much sympathy I feel for them.

Brian's whine has no significance in law, It was not a sworn statement, he himself was under no obligation to tell the truth, and plainly, he pushed this capacity to the limit, but he was a practiced liar. It had no Biblical authority to it. Brian was never questioned by police. It was not a deathbed statement, he was not injured and dying when he wrote it. Believing this letter of Brian's is a personal choice, one based on personal factors, and not applicable to the general population. The right, and reason to discard Brian's claims are myriad, and one of the most compelling reasons is the autopsy which has Brian putting his hands around Gabby's neck and squeezing the very life from her,. Rocks don't generally strangle people.

So choosing to wipe off anything Brian Laundrie says about the death of Gabby Petito as having a nodding relationship to truth is a rational thing to do.

Last edited:
Why on earth would anyone lie in a suicide note? Evidently the FBI believed it and that is why they closed the case.
RSBM
To make themselves look better.
So people will believe they are a better person than what the evidence says.

Brian wanted to control everything. He wanted to control his image. He wanted to look like a tragic hero. He had the audacity to describe his violent acts as merciful.

The FBI did not believe everything in Brian's note. Jim Clemente (retired FBI) and Dr. Laura Richards review Brian's note in detail and point out contradictions in his story. I think it's the Crime Analyst podcast episode 82?

Brian Entin also confirmed he had excellent cell service in the area where Gabby died. Another lie.

Out of curiosity, what evidence (if any) would convince you that Brian was an abuser?

Brian was preventing someone from entering their own air conditioned vehicle, which contained all their belongings, in the middle of a desert.
If Brian was trying to "calm someone down" why would he intentionally withhold all of their resources to survive? It sounds more like a punishment, no?
If Brian really wanted space maybe he should have distanced himself. Call the DesertUber!

Brian was preventing someone from entering their own air conditioned vehicle, which contained all their belongings, in the middle of a desert.
If Brian was trying to "calm someone down" why would he intentionally withhold all of their resources to survive? It sounds more like a punishment, no?
If Brian really wanted space maybe he should have distanced himself. Call the DesertUber!
Gabby wasn't found in the middle of a desert.

1707978260800.jpeg

Gabby wasn't found in the middle of a desert.

View attachment 483371

The OP was talking about when Gabby was alive and in Moab Utah. Moab UT is located in the high desert of Utah and experiences a semi-arid climate with low annual rainfall and a wide range of temperatures.

The tension between them first snapped on August 12, when Gabby retreated to an air- conditioned coffee shop in Moab for six hours to toil on their Van Life website while Brian seethed across the table, pissed off at how “OCD” Gabby was being.

Finally, he snatched Gabby’s phone and keys, and made for the van, threatening to abandon her. When Gabby caught up with him on Main Street and lunged for her phone, Brian slapped her in the face.

A passing driver saw the slap and called 911, watching as Brian slid into the van and started the engine. Somehow, before he could drive away, Gabby managed to wriggle across his lap into the vehicle.

Last edited:
The OP was talking about when Gabby was alive and in Moab Utah. Moab UT is located in the high desert of Utah and experiences a semi-arid climate with low annual rainfall and a wide range of temperatures.

The tension between them first snapped on August 12, when Gabby retreated to an air- conditioned coffee shop in Moab for six hours to toil on their Van Life website while Brian seethed across the table, pissed off at how “OCD” Gabby was being.

Finally, he snatched Gabby’s phone and keys, and made for the van, threatening to abandon her. When Gabby caught up with him on Main Street and lunged for her phone, Brian slapped her in the face.

A passing driver saw the slap and called 911, watching as Brian slid into the van and started the engine. Somehow, before he could drive away, Gabby managed to wriggle across his lap into the vehicle.
Gabby's body wasn't found in the desert. The Moab LE investigated the incident in Moab and Gabby took responsibility for initiating the incident. All caught on LE body cam.

btw, LE aren't perfect and have never claimed to be perfect. They never followed up with the 911 caller, but they did release their body cam video. Will a Utah jury award a $50 million dollar verdict against LE and taxpayers? I seriously doubt it.

JMO
According to the Price Police Department report examining the officers' conduct, a statement was never obtained from the original 911 caller.

Moab police later released body cam footage of the incident.

Gabby's body wasn't found in the desert. The Moab LE investigated the incident in Moab and Gabby took responsibility for initiating the incident. All caught on LE body cam.

btw, LE aren't perfect and have never claimed to be perfect. They never followed up with the 911 caller, but they did release their body cam video. Will a Utah jury award a $50 million dollar verdict against LE and taxpayers? I seriously doubt it.

JMO
According to the Price Police Department report examining the officers' conduct, a statement was never obtained from the original 911 caller.

Moab police later released body cam footage of the incident.

I know Spread Creek is not the desert. See @RANCH's above posted photo.

Situated in Wyoming’s Teton County, Spread Creek is actually a collection of small brooks that run through this region. These small streams originate from the Snake River, which is located to the west of the area, right next to the famous Jackson Lake.

And it is not about the money. Nor is the case against the Laundries about the money.

“There are laws put in place to protect victims. And those laws were not followed. And we don’t want this to happen to anybody else,” Schmidt said, her voice quivering.

Last edited:

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed due to inaccurate info and no link to substantiate regarding civil cases>

Gabby's remains were not found in the desert, Ranch is correct. The OP's post wasn't even about that, it was about an incident that happened in the high desert of Moab Utah.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

Joe Petito says he doesn't need the money, that he has enough money and it is not about money.

“I don’t want—I don’t give a s— about a dime. I don’t. I don’t care. I work. I do well. It’s not about the money,” Petito said. “I want to make them hurt as much as they hurt us. As I told Pat, there’s not [an] amount of money that I would settle for, not a dime.”

Patrick Reilly, attorney for Petito’s parents, said Brian Laundrie did not have $3 million; it’s an arbitrary number. Whatever money is received will go to the Gabby Petito Foundation dedicated to locating missing people and curbing domestic violence.

James McConkie, who is representing the family, said in a statement that the lawsuit is meant to demand accountability and lead to systemic changes for victims of domestic abuse.

“The purpose of this lawsuit is to honor Gabby’s legacy by demanding accountability and working toward systemic changes to protect victims of domestic abuse and violence and prevent such tragedies in the future,” attorney James W. McConkie said in a statement.

Gabby Petito’s Parents Want Apology, Not Blood Money, From Brian Laundrie’s Family (Exclusive)​

TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — Brian Laundrie’s parents have sent a settlement proposal to the parents of Gabby Petito to resolve a civil suit that’s set to go to trial next year, according to court documents obtained by WFLA.

"Gabby's family felt that the Laundries' proposal was generally just a financial offer, which they aren't really interested in," the source said.

"What Gabby's family wants is some sort of public acknowledgment and apology, which the Laundries aren't offering at this time."

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member