Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
"That was around 9am when she got up". (at .47 seconds into the video).

I had wondered if perhaps this means that Maddie got up (from bed?) at 9pm and something happened at that point. Mom is really determined to drill home that the church is right beside the school (its not). That she never made it to school (clearly), and that she doesn't know why she didn't make it to school... This made me think of when SS said he watched her walk away in his sobbing interview, but in this one, mom says he drove away.
From what I understood, she said Madeline was seen in the video hanging out for a bit by the church, and around 9am was when she “got up” to walk toward the school. Just my interpretation.

Edited by me: said walk toward the church instead of school.

For any one wanting to catch up on the case ,there is a media thread:

With many thanks to Oviedo for their hard work in setting it up.

Last edited:
Where is Madeline's dad in all of this? Maybe her dad or her grandparent's on that side of the family threw the birthday party. If he had her for the weekend, then bringing her home Sunday evening and her showing them her gifts make more sense.
celebrated with " my" entire family, birthday pics I believe were jenn's mom,/ Maddie's grandmas house.

No, no one here is judging. Can't speak for outside sources if that's what you're referring to ?
We're commenting on what LE has released to the media.
Tbh, it's clear the investigation isn't tied up yet and is continuing.
We're permitted to discuss what is in msm, and the most recent statements from LE are that there are inconsistencies.
Omo.
With all respect, when someone exclaims that they would have done XYZ and they can't believe that the mother is or didn't do that, it's judging. Any comment that starts off with 'If it were me' is judging. That's not commentary on MSM or factual evidence. It's more related to the mother's demeanor or behavior or actions. imo

This interview also mentions the church video footage. That the sister of JS saw it, not JS. But no such video would exist ? Was it another child seen on the video and LE/sister were mistaken or is the story fabricated ?
it existed in the sense that LE did receive a tip from the church in the form of video, they said they reviewed it, that it was very grainy & of course, turned out to not be Madeline. Locals on fb stated that other children do get dropped off and congregate in the area of the church prior to school. Also, their school colors are green. The school sells spirit wear hoodies that are green. So if it was just barely legible I can see why maybe it was a blimp of hope for family, for half a second.

*I just made an account here for the first time today, excuse my 55 edits messing up whom I’m replying to, this is harder than it looked lol.

With all respect, when someone exclaims that they would have done XYZ and they can't believe that the mother is or didn't do that, it's judging. Any comment that starts off with 'If it were me' is judging. That's not commentary on MSM or factual evidence. It's more related to the mother's demeanor or behavior or actions. imo
True and fair point. Easy to say, “I would’ve done XYZ” (I’m guilty too) when we don’t have all the information.

There’s a lot that’s hard to understand at this point in the investigation, but we definitely don’t know the whole story.

it existed in the sense that LE did receive a tip from the church in the form of video, they said they reviewed it, that it was very grainy & of course, turned out to not be Madeline. Locals on fb stated that other children do get dropped off and congregate in the area of the church prior to school. Also, their school colors are green. The school sells spirit wear hoodies that are green. So if it was just barely legible I can see why maybe it was a blimp of hope for family, for half a second.

*I just made an account here for the first time today, excuse my 55 edits messing up whom I’m replying to, this is harder than it looked lol.

You are doing just fine. Do not worry about edits we all do them at some time or other.

Thank you for the information about school colours. I did not realise schools in the US had any uniform or school colours.

I'm wondering is SS is sticking to his story during questioning and what they story is, and also how many times it has changed.
I’d be surprised if he talked to law enforcement after his arrest on those sex charges. His life was over at that point, and nothing he could say could help him.

You're right. I know better than to judge others, thanks for the reminder. I was doing ok until media reported that the mother lied.

The video of JS comforting SS makes me feel physically sick. Your flesh and blood is missing, possibly "taken", and you are worrying about comforting a guy who you have only known a couple years. Who cares if he is upset, your child is out there somewhere, he isn't important in these moments. I say all this as an incredibly biased individual who had both parents put their new partners before me and my siblings.

Biased or not you're still right!

Possibly Stephan was jealous over all the attention she got for her 13th birthday party. Maybe no one ever threw him a birthday party. Some people are like this.
He sounds,from friend's accounts to have been thoroughly spoilt through out his life,so I presume would have had plenty of birthday celebrations.

Something that stands out to me is neither mom nor Stephan spoke out TO Madeline in either of their interviews.

Mom initially said she felt someone took her, yet they never bothered enough to say I love you Madeline, please come home, or if you took her, please let her go, etc.

Nothing. Nada. Zero. Zilch.

No direct messages were stated to her.

No pleading with anyone who may have taken her.

Mom only said, "I just want her back, whatever that means."

Such an odd thing to say. JMO

With respect, we can agree to disagree and that's fine.
I have not judged nor said "I would have done ...." ; or, "I can't believe the mother is or didn't do..."
So I'm unclear as to whose comments you're referring to ?

We were discussing what LE said about the inconsistencies in JS' statements and from the msm videos she changes her story significantly.
It's troubling and I don't think LE would have released that statement without due reason.
To say a persons' story isn't adding up is massive.

LE are fairly tight-lipped unless they're indicating the investigation isn't over.
For abuse so severe and which took place over two years or more depending how long this perp was in Madeleine's life -- it boggles the mind that the other partner would have no idea.
That is factual evidence re. the ongoing abuse.
That LE are questioning her mother is also fact and we can discuss it as far as msm goes.
Although LE haven't said -- they may be going through both the bio mom's and SS' phones to read the text messages to have a better understanding of the timeline and who knew what.
Omo.

Last edited:
yes, she was providing an example of how Madeline was open with 'us'.
Interesting how she mentioned Maddie as having a "crush" when literally no one asked her that. She offered a lot of info on things she wasn't asked about: autism / adhd / a crush / was very happy on return from the party (but no details about who took her, how she got home etc. Its just very weird to me.

Danggg 5pm is crazy,, so I wonder if on the *very very very slight* off chance that “mom OBSERVED (not helped, was home while, spoke to Maddie while…observed is very vague) Madeline getting dressed for school at 8am” was a telecommunications observation such as; Stephan FaceTimed mom at 8am & flipped the camera to Maddie putting her sock & shoes on (in his mind if so, I would imagine if a FaceTime call of this nature was made it was for his alibi.. “there now mom will vouch I really did take her to school”) I only say this is even a possibility because him discarding her backpack in their apartment dumpster at 7:35 doesn’t necessarily place her as deceased at 7:35am, nor did it indicate he ever got in a vehicle or left the complex, we have no time of departure from the complex in a vehicle at this time..and we’re still missing what time mom left the apartment, I believe we’re missing those details by design.. but I wonder if mom sometimes leaves in the very early morning hours let’s say 4, 5 or 6am for work (I was told she works at the front desk of a hotel), and that the reason Stephan stays up so late is to have access to Madeline immediately when mom would leave, but before school starts? I’m just raddling off ideas here idk
Well, even if he did - it wasn't at 8am because at 7:35 he was seen dumping backpack. 8:10 he was caught on license plate reader driving AWAY from the school. 8:19am he was back at the dumpster place with a possibly dead body visible in his car. So at 8am - I strongly suspect Maddie was already dead.

Reposting this video from last night along with my notes. I’d watch it if you can as it provides fascinating insight into those infamous news interviews with SS and JS.

Vinnie doesn’t think that accidental crime scene photo release is going to have any impact on this case.

As for his alleged Disney employment. Vinnie says the Disney statement doesn’t address if he ever worked there, or worked for a contractor or something (same thing several of us said).

Body language expert called out SS immediately when she saw the video initially. Said they needed to look at him closely. Deep breaths are manufactured. Out of sync with emotional affect. “Eye blocking,” he looked away. No tears. He’s pushing emotions to appear like he’s sad and worried. Vinnie is surprised he’d even appear on tv.

As for him being in the background behind JS. He was watching the environment and her. He made noise when he came in. Agitated. When she said she went to pick Maddie up at school he started stretching and cracking his knuckles. Tension is built up, he’s stressed.

She thinks the whole story from JS is fabricated. It’s disjointed. Both involved, she’s covering for him.

In the video where JS is shaking:

She’s in fight or flight. Not normal nervousness. Shivering. See that when someone is in trouble. Searching for answers. Pauses, loses thoughts. When she says she’s not sure of what she can say, it’s odd and almost like she’s talking to an attorney.

Compared behavior to Casey Anthony who used to recycle past events. So this expert thinks mom did see her daughter walk across the street near the school on a past occasion, just not that day.

She is betting her career on mother being involved in the coverup. Says that there was conflict between mother and daughter, perhaps regarding the birthday party. No emotion from mother. No remorse.

So she thinks like we do, mom involved but not the killer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onapick