Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet SS said the opposite.

SS: I dropped her off early. I coulda waited longer. She looked okay. She was walking towards the school when I saw her. It was like any other day, so I went on with my day. It’s hard not to blame myself
And let's not forget he said she was "sleeping" (dead) in the car. That lie is just so hard to believe, even if we didn't know she was likely deceased by then. I can't imagine a kid getting ready for school, and then sleep on a ~15 min commute! I suppose it could happen but not very likely IMO.

And I would think the video is not grainy so there was no doubt she was deceased - wonder what brand of cameras they have there? Plus if it’s guard gates they likely have video of cars coming and going ?
JMO
They may have had a witnesses or witnesses come forward who saw her in the car along with whatever video they had. Maybe civilians added verbal reports or home security footage and that was able to help investigators realize she was prob already gone?

I can't answer that, I just know that JS said in that interview that Maddie forgot her phone that day and that wasn't unusual because she had ADHD.
I was only pointing out the sharp contrast between mom saying she often forgot her phone (or however it was worded) vs how friends and fam said it was unusual for her to be out of contact with them.

Even if they had strong evidence that she was dead, it’s super rare for a department to say a victim is deceased this early in the proceedings. I’ve followed cases where the crime scene was a bloody mess, and they’ve still insisted it was a “missing persons investigation.”

There’s just got to be something more than incredibly suspicious activity, I would think. It would have to be nearly irrefutable.
Totally agree with you and I'm wondering if there was a camera hidden in her room that was used to record and remote view. Surely he didn't put a phone on a tripod to record and I can't think of another way to record something hands free. I don't recall any released information on when or if LE searched Maddie's room but after what they found on his phone, I would imagine they went straight away to search. If there was a camera, an app on his phone may have led them to cloud storage of that nearly irrefutable something.
moo

I wonder if perhaps the general public wasn’t meant to have access to the video as it shows it has now been removed by the uploaded. :(
My guess is the family asked to have it removed. I can’t blame them. All the pitchforks are out, analyzing every little detail of every photo. Not here but I’ve seen it on SM.

My guess is the family asked to have it removed. I can’t blame them. All the pitchforks are out, analyzing every little detail of every photo. Not here but I’ve seen it on SM.
And THAT is incredibly messed up! The family deserves to have that up for friends and family to view without taking any crap from total strangers online!

Is it possible the "banker's hours" of the police department is only for certain things? Like if you want to go get a bunch of records printed for you it's only 8 to 5?
In my experience; no, the time they close is the time they lock their doors period. I’ve lived in probably 15 different cities, whilst dealing with a stolen identity situation for years so had to file reports/talk to police quite frequently. In Los Angeles their Hollywood division was open 24/7 unless there was a special circumstance, then it’d be like midnight, in my current city they close at 4:30pm. Most cities I’ve lived in, the hours have been similar that they lock up 4-5pm. I think it’s pretty standard.

And THAT is incredibly messed up! The family deserves to have that up for friends and family to view without taking any crap from total strangers online!
I agree and the purpose of the video is for family and friends. People should be respectful of other family members that aren’t involved in any of this. Sadly, that is probably the reason why they don’t have a written obituary.

Didn't the mother say there was video of Madeline being dropped off and then standing around in a parking lot?

Somebody will have some explaining to do if it in fact did. What took precedence over a missing child? That's what I'd want to know is what other calls they were all too busy on...JMO
I can see how that maybe at first glance it appears it took LE a long time to respond to the home to formally put down on paper, fill out the report. if she simply called and said my daughter wasnt here for pickup, naturally, additional information had to be provided. LE cannot search in a vacuum, they need as much information as possible. it takes time.

when ultimately confirmed she was never in school, and all friends, etc were contacted, and JS stating she would never run away, the timeline and location were established. per both of their interviews, they both met LE at the scene, I assume the church lot. and LE began their search in the surrounding areas.

then they move on to gathering info as to Madeline, SS and JS movements, previous nite, the morning and rest of the day. pulling surveillance video from the church, her supposed last place dropped off....roads travelled to school, and of course her apt complex.

being asked very uncomfortable personal questions about homelife....any issues. did she every run away before. etc etc. is so important, but of course some information can be withheld by the parent/guardian for a myriad of reasons. one of which can be a coverup (just 'saying). and for SS, it was confirmed HE LIED.

LE stated the living in the woods communication via text and social media was the only indication of an issue in the home. but they did not elaborate. LE did not say if they 'recovered' this message on Madeline's phone/social media, meaning it was not visible to the mom who said she checked her msgs, even the deleted ones. all we know is JS said there was nothing unusual.

That is no mistake you’re looking at, they took 3 hours.
I commented above :)

Wow. How someone can take a video like that and use it to further pick apart the family, her life, etc. is beyond me. Sometimes I really do hate the internet.

Totally agree with you and I'm wondering if there was a camera hidden in her room that was used to record and remote view. Surely he didn't put a phone on a tripod to record and I can't think of another way to record something hands free. I don't recall any released information on when or if LE searched Maddie's room but after what they found on his phone, I would imagine they went straight away to search. If there was a camera, an app on his phone may have led them to cloud storage of that nearly irrefutable something.
moo
Spy cams can appear like normal household things. An alarm clock. A pen. A phone charger block etc. they can be bought very cheaply on Amazon or other sites. They can be sound recorders or motion or both and activated by sound or motion. They function as they would be expected to eg: an alarm clock will have a clock and can be set to go off same as an alarm clock. They are sometimes used as nanny cams or in old age homes for loved ones to keep an eye on treatment by staff towards fam members. It’s possible she had such a device in her room and she maybe didn’t even know about it. Perhaps police found and reviewed it and it gave them a lot more info? I don’t know for sure but I believe a device sniffing dog may find hidden electronics or some other device may help point them out. I believe they did search her room as they executed a warrant at the same time as reviewing images and video on his phone and officers confirmed they featured items from his room as well as hers if memory serves. Mooooooo

If they didn’t want it out to the public at all that should also have been respected. It must be so hurtful to have things out there that they wanted private.

moo
The images referenced by LE was phone related.

There are a plethora of devices that can hold a phone and record. Theses are generally aimed at vloggers and influencers, although I suspect many people use these for video calls also. I recently saw a presentation of a device that can actually track a person hands-free using an iphone or android.

Spy cams can appear like normal household things. An alarm clock. A pen. A phone charger block etc. they can be bought very cheaply on Amazon or other sites. They can be sound recorders or motion or both and activated by sound or motion. They function as they would be expected to eg: an alarm clock will have a clock and can be set to go off same as an alarm clock. They are sometimes used as nanny cams or in old age homes for loved ones to keep an eye on treatment by staff towards fam members. It’s possible she had such a device in her room and she maybe didn’t even know about it. Perhaps police found and reviewed it and it gave them a lot more info? I don’t know for sure but I believe a device sniffing dog may find hidden electronics or some other device may help point them out. I believe they did search her room as they executed a warrant at the same time as reviewing images and video on his phone and officers confirmed they featured items from his room as well as hers if memory serves. Mooooooo
In the interview with one of SS's friend and ex-roommate that most of us have listened to it was said that SS had secretly hidden a camera in his roommate's room to take pics of the roommates GF going in and out of the shower.

ETA - So yes, I fully believe he would hide a camera in Maddie's bedroom and/or bathroom, to be able to watch her IMO.

Video starting at that point in the interview:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member