TX TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #49

I also thought they were far far away.

Why is Brandon’s family SO involved in all this? It’s a major challenge to find anywhere where Missy’s brothers or parents speak.

Why was a car wreck mentioned? How did the MIL know about it at 530 am?

Why did the whole gang of them go over and announce it to an console the girls immediately?

If the girls were going to school, how? Bus? Someone taking them?

Is there a place to watch the Dateline interview?

I have some digging to do apparently
<modsnip: personalizing and rude> LE called the husband and did not know what the cause of death was but saw injuries and told the husband that Missy was injured, some type of accident. ACCIDENT was interpreted as auto accident by others. LE did not know it was a murder right away.
That's it, a big nothing burger.

Last edited by a moderator:
From the DFW NBC and Dateline:

Stout said her mother, Missy Bevers' mother-in-law, called her at about 5:30 a.m. Monday and said she'd been told Bevers had been in a crash. While she went to be with Bevers, she asked Stout to go to her brother's home and take care of the couple's three daughters.
A short time later, Stout said she received another call.

"An officer called my brother and said that Missy had passed," Stout said.

The girls would soon be up for school and with their father Brandon Bevers still returning from out of state, his mother and sister told the girls their mother had died.
"My mom, myself, my stepdad and my aunt and uncle went over there and we woke them up out of the bed," Stout said. "We told the girls what we were told originally.
It was the most awful nightmare you could ever imagine, telling three kids they don't have a mother anymore."

Source: Slain Fitness Instructor's Sister-in-Law Speaks to Dateline

From Dallasobserver:

The Bevers family have been putting out fires for some time now. The intrusiveness of web sleuths led Missy’s sister-in-law Kristi Stout to write a post in “The Murder of Teri — Missy Bevers” Facebook group:

All you FB detectives out there I’m sure haven’t checked with American Airlines to verify they were on the plane headed there. Nor did any of you check with the phone companies to see that RB and VB’s phones were actually pinging in the San Diego area at the time of the murder. After all, that’s why we have the FBI and LE who confirmed that already because armchair detectives just don’t have that ability!!!

Not only that, but FBI drove to Biloxi, Mississippi to confirm with others on the fishing trip that BB was in fact there at the time of the murder, as well as verified pings from cell phone towers that he was there. For those of you who say BB hired someone to do this, again FBI has thoroughly watched and studied his accounts and have seen no large money being moved around. BB has been bugged by FBI, grilled like you would never fathom and his story has never changed. If I could sit you all down in a room with a marker board and show you what we’ve learned about this case, and how much work/people have been involved.

Source: Internet Sleuths Muddy Waters and Wreck Lives in Missy Bevers’ Murder Investigation

Can someone clear up the confusion for me?

The Bevers family have been putting out fires for some time now. The intrusiveness of web sleuths led Missy’s sister-in-law Kristi Stout to write a post in “The Murder of Teri — Missy Bevers” Facebook group:

All you FB detectives out there I’m sure haven’t checked with American Airlines to verify they were on the plane headed there. Nor did any of you check with the phone companies to see that RB and VB’s phones were actually pinging in the San Diego area at the time of the murder. After all, that’s why we have the FBI and LE who confirmed that already because armchair detectives just don’t have that ability!!!

Not only that, but FBI drove to Biloxi, Mississippi to confirm with others on the fishing trip that BB was in fact there at the time of the murder, as well as verified pings from cell phone towers that he was there. For those of you who say BB hired someone to do this, again FBI has thoroughly watched and studied his accounts and have seen no large money being moved around. BB has been bugged by FBI, grilled like you would never fathom and his story has never changed. If I could sit you all down in a room with a marker board and show you what we’ve learned about this case, and how much work/people have been involved.

Source: Internet Sleuths Muddy Waters and Wreck Lives in Missy Bevers’ Murder Investigation

I am no logistical mastermind or mathematician, but I just cannot see how both of these things can be true at the same time.

Can someone explain this to me?

From the DFW NBC and Dateline:

Stout said her mother, Missy Bevers' mother-in-law, called her at about 5:30 a.m. Monday and said she'd been told Bevers had been in a crash. While she went to be with Bevers, she asked Stout to go to her brother's home and take care of the couple's three daughters.
A short time later, Stout said she received another call.

"An officer called my brother and said that Missy had passed," Stout said.

The girls would soon be up for school and with their father Brandon Bevers still returning from out of state, his mother and sister told the girls their mother had died.
"My mom, myself, my stepdad and my aunt and uncle went over there and we woke them up out of the bed," Stout said. "We told the girls what we were told originally.
It was the most awful nightmare you could ever imagine, telling three kids they don't have a mother anymore."

Source: Slain Fitness Instructor's Sister-in-Law Speaks to Dateline

From Dallasobserver:

Can someone clear up the confusion for me?
Are you thinking MT is VB?

MT the MIL is not VB, RBs wife. VB and RB were not in Texas at the time of murder. That has been proven.

MT went to be with MB after getting a call from BB, thinking it was an accident and was not aware she was dead yet.

KS went to be with the kids, at the request of MT.

This was covered early on, see Thread 11 post #624 for a summary. And Originally Posted by lstiff Attachment 93947

And if I can link an online timeline it's here with sources. If not kosher please modsnip.

Timeline with sources:

IMO clouded by time

This post about the now 8 year old interview, is from Nov 2022. Two years later, it's being referred to again.

"There was an interview with Missy's "sister-in-law" which I assume is Brandon's sister. She comes off as very, VERY defensive and irritatated that her father and stepmother were ever considered to be persons of interest."

I disagree with this opinion, I didn't see any defensiveness about her family all being investigated as a part of due diligence, she said it was understandable. What she objected to was the internet sleuths that relentlessly pursued the family members with accusations. At any rate, it certainly doesn't make any family member reactions "suspicious".
MOO

This post about the now 8 year old interview, is from Nov 2022. Two years later, it's being referred to again.

"There was an interview with Missy's "sister-in-law" which I assume is Brandon's sister. She comes off as very, VERY defensive and irritatated that her father and stepmother were ever considered to be persons of interest."

I disagree with this opinion, I didn't see any defensiveness about her family all being investigated as a part of due diligence, she said it was understandable. What she objected to was the internet sleuths that relentlessly pursued the family members with accusations. At any rate, it certainly doesn't make any family member reactions "suspicious".
MOO
I would also add that it would to be 100% normal for a person to be upset or "defensive" about being accused of killing someone they cared about. We're well past the point where the entire immediate family has been investigated and cleared several times over. These internet detectives always think they're a genius for accusing a person without proof.

MT the MIL is not VB, RBs wife. VB and RB were not in Texas at the time of murder. That has been proven.

MT went to be with MB after getting a call from BB, thinking it was an accident and was not aware she was dead yet.

This was covered early on, see Thread 11 post #624 for a summary. And Originally Posted by lstiff Attachment 93947

And if I can link an online timeline it's here with sources. If not kosher please modsnip.

Timeline with sources:

IMO clouded by time
Ok, thanks for the clarity. I certainly stand corrected.

Brandon's biological mother and her husband went to Missy's home that morning, not Randy and his wife.

Brandon's biological mother asked Brandon's sister (her daughter) to go to the house.

Brandon's biological mother received the call about Missy?

Thanks again! I was truly confused how Randy and his wife would be back there so soon. They weren't.

Timeline with sources:

IMO clouded by time
Thank you for the download. However, I already see missing interviews. IE: interview of BB at his front door soon after he arrived home.
I don't know about anyone else but sometimes things (videos) get edited and it's confusing. One example, I can't find where SP looks up at the camera during their walkabout. Also, during BB's interview after arriving from speaking with police 1st time in his front yard, the person behind the camera had first panned the back of his house showing his dad and MIL. Also, these edits carryover to my downloads. Is it the media that does this? Anyone know?

I'd love to see ALL interviews (even brief ones) in sequential order. Not asking for anyone to provide that, however.

Welp,

I have soaked in the information about Brandon's family. I am not convinced it was them, by any means. I do feel like asking questions lead to a great explanation and clarity about them. Thank you all for that.

Having said that, what do we know of anyone else? The married couple and the solo attacker theories.

I am having a hard time picturing that particular husband (I don't know him obviously) going through with something like this in a Heather Elvis or Erika Stefanko type situation where the wife strongarms him into compliance. I do not know this couple but based on what I have read, they do not seem to fit the stereotype for that dynamic. I digress though, I don't know them. I do wonder if the wife had an accomplice that was not the husband. I continue to picture their attack as a surprise attack that didn't go to well initially, and the other person had to get involved to carry out the plan.

As for the solo person, I just can't picture them pulling it off alone. This person comes off as a "goof" for lack of better words. I just can't imagine them planning this, executing this, taking Missy one-on-one, and escaping so quickly without being detected. I also am not sure what motivation they would have, though I have some ideas. This person seems quite a bit unhinged and if they were in a SWAT suit alone, I can definitely see them having some very odd logic.

Lets talk about the escape.

Any ideas on how how the killer left so quickly and undetected?

I imagine the killer assumed the outside cameras to be working, and took measures to not be seen. They are dressed in all black after all.

They don't appear to be wet. Were they dropped off close to the building? Was there a getaway vehicle close by?

I thought about a motorcycle (as this person is dressed very similarly to a delivery driver here in South Korea, I attached a pic I snapped waiting at a red light) but that just seems super noisy.

Attachments

• Ddriver.jpg
    Ddriver.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 12
Welp,

I have soaked in the information about Brandon's family. I am not convinced it was them, by any means. I do feel like asking questions lead to a great explanation and clarity about them. Thank you all for that.

Having said that, what do we know of anyone else? The married couple and the solo attacker theories.

I am having a hard time picturing that particular husband (I don't know him obviously) going through with something like this in a Heather Elvis or Erika Stefanko type situation where the wife strongarms him into compliance. I do not know this couple but based on what I have read, they do not seem to fit the stereotype for that dynamic. I digress though, I don't know them. I do wonder if the wife had an accomplice that was not the husband. I continue to picture their attack as a surprise attack that didn't go to well initially, and the other person had to get involved to carry out the plan.

As for the solo person, I just can't picture them pulling it off alone. This person comes off as a "goof" for lack of better words. I just can't imagine them planning this, executing this, taking Missy one-on-one, and escaping so quickly without being detected. I also am not sure what motivation they would have, though I have some ideas. This person seems quite a bit unhinged and if they were in a SWAT suit alone, I can definitely see them having some very odd logic.
Are the marriages, that may have been on the rocks in 2016, now okay again? We don't know, and we aren't allowed to sleuth. How stupid it would be, to kill a rival because of jealousy?! There could have been just the next "green grass on the other side" after Missy's death.

Are the marriages, that may have been on the rocks in 2016, now okay again? We don't know, and we aren't allowed to sleuth. How stupid it would be, to kill a rival because of jealousy?! There could have been just the next "green grass on the other side" after Missy's death.
I recommend the Erika Stefanko case for some insight. This woman absolutely tortured her stepdaughter in ways that give me nightmares. She then strongarmed her husband to ambush the biological mother in a murder plot. The bio-mom now worked pizza delivery after a stint in the army, and was in a relationship with another woman. She posed ZERO threat to Erika, but her and her husband took out a murder on her.

Lets talk about the escape.

Any ideas on how how the killer left so quickly and undetected?

I imagine the killer assumed the outside cameras to be working, and took measures to not be seen. They are dressed in all black after all.

They don't appear to be wet. Were they dropped off close to the building? Was there a getaway vehicle close by?

I thought about a motorcycle (as this person is dressed very similarly to a delivery driver here in South Korea, I attached a pic I snapped waiting at a red light) but that just seems super noisy.

We've discussed motorcycles/dirt bikes upthread.

Dangerous in the rain, even for experienced riders. Currently 3 in our garage, different sizes &types, none ideal in rain.

iirc, no tire tracks found in the creek or near the church, no motorcycle reported by a class participant.

We've discussed motorcycles/dirt bikes upthread.

Dangerous in the rain, even for experienced riders. Currently 3 in our garage, different sizes &types, none ideal in rain.

iirc, no tire tracks found in the creek or near the church, no motorcycle reported by a class participant.
I have wondered if the perp simply walked quite a ways to a getaway vehicle. They were in all black, and this is THE only time having a best that says POLICE makes any sense to me. Let’s say the cops came super quick and witnesses saw POLICE on the back of someone walking near the church, they wouldn’t think TOO much of it, would they

If this was a carefully planned attack I wonder if the killer chose that morning because it was raining? I remember hearing of killers that would choose rainy days because it would wash away most of the evidence when they left. Maybe LE should look into other murders (or even burglaries where no one was killed) nearby that happened on rainy days.

Well I guess a Cosplayer couldn't really do his thing in the Church at 11.00 am on Sunday morning ;-) !! Your right, though, if it was a Cosplayer they did get extremely 'lucky'.

I am about 70/30 on it being an unplanned murder.
It’s long been said that it’s better to be lucky than good. This person seems moreso lucky than good. Maddeningly lucky - but lucky nevertheless.

If this was a carefully planned attack I wonder if the killer chose that morning because it was raining? I remember hearing of killers that would choose rainy days because it would wash away most of the evidence when they left. Maybe LE should look into other murders (or even burglaries where no one was killed) nearby that happened on rainy days.
I think the rain issue weighs in favor of a burglary that went sideways. JMO of ccourse.

Of the three main theories (targeted for homicide, ordinary burglary for purposes of theft. LARPer), I've tended to favor the targeted and planned homicide hypothesis. In my line of thinking, that premeditation means it had to be done that day (while the husband was out of town) and at that time (when Missy would be alone and without her kids). So it had to happen in that time window rain or shine, or else wait for another date that favored the perp's intentions. The rain and any effect of visibility or evidence, plus the FB post confirming they'd still be training, was just luck for SP.

But, if started as an ordinary burglary for purposes of stealing the Sunday donations or other property, then I could see the rain playing a role. Rain likely means fewer people out on the road, reduced visibility, law enforcement diverted by traffic accidents, traffic hazards from minor flooding or power outages, and false alerts from monitored security systems etc. For a practiced burglar a rainy night seems like a good time for a B&E, and I wonder if LE has looked into that pattern.

I think the rain issue weighs in favor of a burglary that went sideways. JMO of ccourse.

Of the three main theories (targeted for homicide, ordinary burglary for purposes of theft. LARPer), I've tended to favor the targeted and planned homicide hypothesis. In my line of thinking, that premeditation means it had to be done that day (while the husband was out of town) and at that time (when Missy would be alone and without her kids). So it had to happen in that time window rain or shine, or else wait for another date that favored the perp's intentions. The rain and any effect of visibility or evidence, plus the FB post confirming they'd still be training, was just luck for SP.
I did find it really weird the perp was not wet, or didn't appear to be, at all. Yea its hard to see it reflect off the helmet with that quality video, and hard to tell if dark clothing is wet, but the biggest thing to me is the boots not leaving a trace or trail. To be sure the perp had to walk through wet grass? I've been meaning to ask, do we have a topographic view of where the sidewalks are for the church?

The ridiculous get up that provides protection, conceals identity, keeps forensics off, and throws a bizarre twist of confusion into the murder sells me that it was not a burglary. I just cannot make any rational line of thought that explains why they would be wearing that, alone, at 430am just to rob a church. I also find it very, VERY hard to believe this person came and went completely undetected and made a quick escape after murdering Missy if they were they to only rob the church. Many supporters of the random burglar/LARP theory mention how sloppy the person appears. I can't see someone that sloppy getting away undetected and not leaving lots of evidence.

I also don't buy the LARP/cop fantasy theory. LARPers want to be seen and are quite theatric, and this person is not pretending to be a cop, or doing anything like a cop would do. If they were holding a pretend assault rifle (or pretending to hold an invisible one) and appeared to be giving commands to invisible people, I might could believe this theory.

I did find it really weird the perp was not wet, or didn't appear to be, at all. Yea its hard to see it reflect off the helmet with that quality video, and hard to tell if dark clothing is wet, but the biggest thing to me is the boots not leaving a trace or trail. To be sure the perp had to walk through wet grass? I've been meaning to ask, do we have a topographic view of where the sidewalks are for the church?

The ridiculous get up that provides protection, conceals identity, keeps forensics off, and throws a bizarre twist of confusion into the murder sells me that it was not a burglary. I just cannot make any rational line of thought that explains why they would be wearing that, alone, at 430am just to rob a church. I also find it very, VERY hard to believe this person came and went completely undetected and made a quick escape after murdering Missy if they were they to only rob the church. Many supporters of the random burglar/LARP theory mention how sloppy the person appears. I can't see someone that sloppy getting away undetected and not leaving lots of evidence.

I also don't buy the LARP/cop fantasy theory. LARPers want to be seen and are quite theatric, and this person is not pretending to be a cop, or doing anything like a cop would do. If they were holding a pretend assault rifle (or pretending to hold an invisible one) and appeared to be giving commands to invisible people, I might could believe this theory.

I've been unable, att, to locate a link that has the wording of officials that said the killer stayed a while in the kitchen. We assumed the killer dried off while inside the kitchen. Hence, the killer enters the kitchen where SP stays a while then meanders out into the N hallway going W when tapping the wall with their fingers.

Even if SP broke the NE double doors first, then went to the exterior kitchen door to enter, both of these points are along sidewalks. The NE doors are covered but the kitchen door is not. However, there's rain still falling at 4am, right? Looks like it is at the gun store cctv from across the street.

Grabbed this image @ 00:48
The reporter is focused on the street sign indicating video presence. However, you can see all the way down the Eastern exterior wall of the church when entering the driveway. If someone left out of the kitchen door when a camper arrived, they'd be very noticeable even if cloaked in SWAT gear. Their vehicle would be seen. I think SP parked on the NE side of the church that faced North Prong Creek.

If you perform a google earth walkabout, you can follow the creek where there's a manmade bridge and a neighborhood comes into view on the right. Most of the large homes have backyard fences with gates that open into this creek bed.

Screenshot 2024-03-17 200107.png

Topographical map of the creek -- red dotted line with arrows indicating N Prong Creek at HWY 287 beside the unlabeled church. Follow it up to the neighborhood or use google earth which is what I did years ago. Missy references one of these streets in a FB post by saying how dangerous the intersection is.
https://www.anyplaceamerica.com/directory/tx/ellis-county-48139/streams/north-prong-creek-1342790/

MOO

I've been unable, att, to locate a link that has the wording of officials that said the killer stayed a while in the kitchen. We assumed the killer dried off while inside the kitchen. Hence, the killer enters the kitchen where SP stays a while then meanders out into the N hallway going W when tapping the wall with their fingers.

Even if SP broke the NE double doors first, then went to the exterior kitchen door to enter, both of these points are along sidewalks. The NE doors are covered but the kitchen door is not. However, there's rain still falling at 4am, right? Looks like it is at the gun store cctv from across the street.

Grabbed this image @ 00:48
The reporter is focused on the street sign indicating video presence. However, you can see all the way down the Eastern exterior wall of the church when entering the driveway. If someone left out of the kitchen door when a camper arrived, they'd be very noticeable even if cloaked in SWAT gear. Their vehicle would be seen. I think SP parked on the NE side of the church that faced North Prong Creek.

If you perform a google earth walkabout, you can follow the creek where there's a manmade bridge and a neighborhood comes into view on the right. Most of the large homes have backyard fences with gates that open into this creek bed.

View attachment 491223

Topographical map of the creek -- red dotted line with arrows indicating N Prong Creek at HWY 287 beside the unlabeled church. Follow it up to the neighborhood or use google earth which is what I did years ago. Missy references one of these streets in a FB post by saying how dangerous the intersection is.
https://www.anyplaceamerica.com/directory/tx/ellis-county-48139/streams/north-prong-creek-1342790/

MOO
Its so hard to decipher the wall tapping. It looks like it could either be a very cold and confident person, doing something like Freddy Krueger tapping, but also looks like someone who is supporting themselves with the wall from painful walking, BUT also looks like someone using the wall to keep themselves upright from being too intoxicated (I could picture liquid courage needed to carry this out).

I do keep forgetting about one poster's points (MANY threads back) that I just simply could not agree with.

(Paraphrased) "There's no way this person is military, we walk a certain way and are in good shape" Ok, as if we haven't seen retired vets, and not to be mean, but there's plenty of them on active duty now (I was in 13 years and work on an army post now)

"The person in the outfit wasn't a woman, she didn't look like Missy and men have types" As if we have NEVER seen a person marry someone else that looked NOTHING like their previous partner (not saying that was the only case but the poster seemed to make it appear that way).

Some of the mental gymnastics are just really hard for me to digest with this case.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sandraca
Back