Found Deceased TN - Riley Strain, 22, missing from a bar, Nashville, 8 March 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, 19 Oldham st. 0.64 miles southwest pinged ....to me , looks like farmers market area, that's if he had the phone, reported above by verizon. Trying to map it... that has to be a big clue, if he had the phone, last ping ...and this is after all the visuals ? And after All the videos of him on the streets ? Correct ? Feedback requested, .... somebody else follow the mapping 0.64 miles southwest of 19 Oldham st. ? Help ...tired..senior..

Right. Maybe it's the fact that so many seem to notice that he's unsteady but they look the other way, it even appears the man he first passes notices and hangs back to almost avoid Riley, but he could've been waiting for his own friends. It appears too, as if the man might've said something to Riley as he was first crossing the road before the white van crosses, maybe alerting him there was a car coming. Being in the city, I get it, but it's terribly sad. He could've easily been robbed in the situation he was in, not saying that is the scenario but it's a very risky situation. As much as the bar might've been avoiding liability it seems that their actions put Riley in this risky situation.

Unreal that no one helped him, at all. Clearly very intoxicated and highly vulnerable because of it.
I thought he said something, and after Riley passed him. He appears to check something in his hand? Maybe his phone and was trying to get directions via GMaps or something similar?

 moo

The bar was extremely late on flagging him. Dear God, no wonder he had no idea which way he was supposed to go. I think when the bar kicked him out they should have kicked all of that group out. At least they would have all been together. IMO
Who expects a 22 year old man to be blind-drunk by 930? I don't blame the bar here, they did their job.

I will admit that I haven't read through this thread. Has anyone thought about/said why his hotel key was found back in the room? That's what is puzzling me and makes me suspicious of the frat brothers. However, after seeing the above footage - where it's QUITE obvious he's under the influence, I'm very inclined to say they should be looking towards the river since he was so close. Poor kid. And the mother. Heartbreaking beyond words.

I saw the video where he falls, but I can't tell if he hit his head. Can anyone else see? His gait looks even more awkward and unsteady after falling. MOO

His fraternity should be ashamed. Not one insisted on going with him to make sure he got to the hotel safely. SMH

He didn’t get up quickly after that fall. And walked oddly as he left camera range. I couldn’t tell if he hit his head, anyone else have an opinion?
I don't think he hit his head. It's hard to see. But he does get up slowly. He could have busted his ankle stumbling around. Maybe that's why he walks oddly.

Who expects a 22 year old man to be blind-drunk by 930? I don't blame the bar here, they did their job.
I don't necessarily see the actual time of day as relevant. A bar could be "late" in cutting someone off at 10:30 a.m. if they're already way overserved. I'm not denying the role of personal responsibility here, but with as drunk as he looks in those videos, they WERE late in cutting him off, no matter what the clock said. I'm not laying blame on anyone for what looks like a terrible accident, but how I wish he'd been put in a cab and sent back to his hotel instead of whatever happened here! As the mom of a kid about to leave for college, this hurts my heart so much.

I don't necessarily see the actual time of day as relevant. A bar could be "late" in cutting someone off at 10:30 a.m. if they're already way overserved. I'm not denying the role of personal responsibility here, but with as drunk as he looks in those videos, they WERE late in cutting him off, no matter what the clock said. I'm not laying blame on anyone for what looks like a terrible accident, but how I wish he'd been put in a cab and sent back to his hotel instead of whatever happened here! As the mom of a kid about to leave for college, this hurts my heart so much.
exactly.... this poor kid. my heart breaks for him & his family

Like others I’m worried about the Cumberland River with the Riverwalk being right on the water.

RS’s location at Church and 2nd St is a block from the access to the Nashville Riverwalk along the Cumberland River:

Church St at 2nd

This view is looking from 2nd and Church towards the river. The stadium you can see is across the river. The trailhead is just to the right where the sidewalk widens and the big sign is:

Google Maps

Here are descriptions from visitors of the entertainment district’s partying. Scroll down to see all reviews:

Party Town so be Warned - Review of Downtown Nashville, Nashville, TN - Tripadvisor

The Cumberland River is used for power generation its natural flow has been altered so it is deep and murky with occasional strong currents.

all imo

Moo...people are usually sitting while they are drinking in bars, so unless they start wandering around in bar, cannot tell they are really wasted. I think he hit his head, he looks in real rough shape in last vid. It is normal for people to avoid people who are under the influence, and generally it is wise to avoid them. ..moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member