Found Deceased TN - Riley Strain, 22, missing from a bar, Nashville, 8 March 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Each mega bar should have a "sober" "bounced" room to accommodate those they eject from the bar for being "over-served" keeping them for say 60 minutes. As opposed to ejecting them back alley or side street. As this evolves people become more responsible. Something like this even saving one life is something
I think that just brings up more liability issues, and would be difficult to implement.

WATCH LIVE: Authorities in Nashville address the media about the latest in the search for missing Springfield native Riley Strain:

"So far we've found no sign of our missing person" - Nashville authorities speaking about a sonar-equipped boat searching the Cumberland River and riverbanks for missing Riley Strain in day 6 of the search

Riley's phone last pinged off a cell tower between 9:55 and 10 pm on Friday, March 8. It pinged a tower near Top Golf on the other side of the river, but the tower has a 2-mile radius, so that doesn't narrow down much in terms of location

Nashville authorities say there's no sign of foul play at this point. At this time it's strictly a missing person case. No criminal investigation.

Updated: Mar 14, 2024 / 02:52 PM CDT

I don’t know why men gravitate to water while drunk but Im Dutch and lived most of my life in Amsterdam. We had / have so many drownings every year mostly tourists and expats. All men. Whenever a man was missing I knew hes in water and I see this phenomenon in other countries as well.

Once I was in a bar by the water and young expat gone missing while going to the bathroom and never came back. He was found almost 2 weeks later in water. Probably gone to the bathroom by the water because the bar I was at was notorious for busy bathrooms.

I guess one reason is as some of you mentioned going to pee in the water.
Im adding some article about that issue as to why so many young men die in water.
I hope that Riley will be found safe but I do believe he is in the water.

As soon as I heard about this story and where he was last spotted, I said he was in the river. Unfortunately, the Cumberland River is large with a fast current. I believe it will take weeks to find him and it will be because he washed ashore many miles away. I do hope I am wrong, but that is my belief.

Metro Nashville Police provide update on Riley Strain​

Investigators with the Metro Nashville Police Department provided an update Thursday on the search for missing University of Missouri student Riley Strain.

There are cases like this all over the country and there have been for years, but yet the go to is “these men are leaving bars, drunk, and walking into water“ are you kidding me? When are we gonna open to our eyes to the fact that the probability that there could be a group targeting these young Caucasian males across the country is extremely high at this point. Let’s open our eyes here folks if this were women we would call it what it is. MOO IMO

No beat cops out on that street late at night? I find that odd. If a cop was available he could have noticed and helped.
Agree, and completely bewildered at all the people who saw him, both walking, driving etc that didn't call 911 and report for general welfare tbh.
Maybe rose tinted glasses but I couldn't walk on by someone in that state and not do something - would literally torture my mind if I didn't. Am weird like that though.

Moo

But what if they are all high and intoxicated, what happens then? Do people assign a sober person to babysit a group of individuals who have consumed tons of alcohol? Logistics would suggest it doesn't work. It would be like herding cats.

I wonder about the legal drinking age sometimes and how it seems to coincide with a time in a young adult's life where they are officially independent, away from home in new setting, meeting new people and everything feels exciting and new. Up until they turn 21 it's illegal to drink so it stand to reason that the time they've officially become an adult is the time they also overindulge.
Crazy to me that it's 21 years old in the States, not cos I don't think it's reasonable but because its not what I know
It's 18 here

I think that just brings up more liability issues, and would be difficult to implement.
More liability than is already there? A well established capacity limit, with well established waiting period before turning these "over-served" kids out into alleys and side streets is needed. Ask this kid's parents what they think

There are cases like this all over the country and there have been for years, but yet the go to is “these men are leaving bars, drunk, and walking into water“ are you kidding me? When are we gonna open to our eyes to the fact that the probability that there could be a group targeting these young Caucasian males across the country is extremely high at this point. Let’s open our eyes here folks if this were women we would call it what it is. MOO IMO
Gotta disagree. This happens in every country in the developed world where bars are located near water. I’ve personally witnessed some close calls first hand.

People get drunk, they wander off, and they fall. We actually saw this man fall here. The overwhelming likelihood is that he fell again, and the final time was water.

The perception that this is happening more now than in years past is likely not rooted in fact, and if it were to be it could be explained by an increase in population, and an increase of bars in areas near water.

It’s like the people who think kids are kidnapped more now than they used to be. It’s the internet and social media that merely makes us more aware of it now.

More liability than is already there? A well established capacity limit, with well established waiting period before turning these "over-served" kids out into alleys and side streets is needed. Ask this kid's parents what they think
Right now their liability extends to not over serving. To have some special room where bar workers are responsible for people’s well being while intoxicated, would increase that liability and potentially, the danger to employees.

It's so hard sometimes when we know that the monsters live between us.

I really couldn't tell what you meant by this, mst?

When are we gonna open to our eyes to the fact that the probability that there could be a group targeting these young Caucasian males across the country

No one is seen on video following Riley, though. And in some similar cases, the man falling into the water - with no one around - has even been captured on security footage.
I know it feels illogical, feels like it has to be more. It's just so tragic, and you think, Why him? It is truly unfair. But there is no reason to think he was targeted, or?

You can't legally hold someone against their will. If they want to go the establishment can't make anyone stay anywhere. It might be a nice option, say if they wanted to go into one of these rooms, but if they're not properly manned then they could turn into SA or fight rooms? What do you do when two people are being belligerent and need to split up while they're already in a sober room? I think it's actually a great idea in theory, just maybe not in practice. But maybe if perfected?? My real concern is false imprisonment or confinement, since these individuals are intoxicated I believe it would be hard to prove they consented to the confinement at any rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal