TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
The premise of Snapchat is that you send a snap from your device and then it disappears so the photo would not have been saved on Caleb’s device unless he “saved” it within the Snapchat app and then transferred it to his own photos.
Yes, I think they know the snap was taken when sent from Caleb’s device. Also he sent a message to his friend that was supposed to be funny or an inside joke at the time the snap was sent.
and if it's a saved picture that was shared it does state it's from "camera roll"

I've read conflicting information, keep getting confused on this and would like to get clarification.
Was the friend he was gaming with living in San Antonio or Denver?
Is the person he sent the snap chat to living in San Antonio or Denver?
Is the person he was gaming with the same person that received the snap picture or are they different?
Thanks!

<snipped for focus>

It was a good interview, thanks for posting. Caleb's father and the family spokesperson think, at this time, that it is possible that Caleb got into a car or was pulled into a car. Given that possibility, Caleb may be out of the area and even out of the state. Someone has donated billboard advertising to the family and billboards will be going up along some highways in Texas and the family is doing national interviews to try to get Caleb's picture and information out to the public beyond the local community.

Caleb's father and Caleb shared a bank account and credit card and there were no unusual withdrawals leading up to Caleb's disappearance or since his disappearance, according to his father.

I found it interesting that Caleb's mother is a school teacher and during Covid when students were studying remotely at home, Caleb's friends would go over to his house and get extra help from Caleb's mother given that she is a teacher and could tutor them. So Caleb's friends got to know his family really well, and still all hang out together and are pretty close to the family.

Also Caleb ordered the lunchables, apple pie and Red Bull to have on hand after classes on Monday when he planned to go fishing with his friends. His father said that it was typical of Caleb to place Uber orders like this, but that the local convenience store that he usually ordered from was closed and Caleb had to order it from a store further away.

Also, the father said that Caleb's classes on Monday started late morning, around 10:30 or 11:00 a.m. So Caleb didn't have to get up real early the next day and planned to go fishing in the afternoon.
What do y'all suspect the new leads are?

I've read conflicting information, keep getting confused on this and would like to get clarification.
Was the friend he was gaming with living in San Antonio or Denver?
Is the person he sent the snap chat to living in San Antonio or Denver?
Is the person he was gaming with the same person that received the snap picture or are they different?
Thanks!
2 different friends
Snapchat - San Antonio
Gaming friend - Colorado

If you have a link to a Reddit account you believe to be Caleb’s, report this post and provide that link so that we may review it and decide whether to allow it or not. Until then, please don’t discuss it.

Thanks!

ETA: We’ve received the links, thanks!

Last edited:
The extreme fog definitely lends itself to consideration of such a scenario. In the past I’ve driven in fog where I actually had to stop the car and get out to read a street sign — sometimes you’re unable to see a foot in front of you.
Fog also interferes with sound. Everything is quiet. I now live in an area on the Gulf Coast that gets lots of dense fog and it was something I noticed on foggy days and nights when I first moved here....sound is muted.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>I was surprised at how well this interview went. Although it was long and took awhile to get going, it was actually very well done. Nothing like usual interviews/shows.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any U.S. college or university that accepts federal funding (and that is all of them, virtually, including private and public) has to follow student privacy laws (FERPA), so what you reported is extremely unusual.

Universities used to post grades online for students to check by using their university ID number, but now they can't even do that. Anything that could possibly identify a student is not allowed according to federal regulations. Institutions that break that policy can lose significant amounts of federal funding (including federal student loans, grants, etc.).

The only exception would be if the student is under the age of 18 or if the student has given parental consent.

All IMHO
This is it-your last line above - my kids (all private university) filled out a questionnaire and gave us permission to access their grades. It was never an issue. I don’t remember checking but definitely could have.
I’m sure Caleb likely gave his parents grade access.
I think it’s normal for college kids (whose parents are paying all their expenses and leaving them without any debt/ school loans) to grant their parents grade access.
At least in our crowd it is totally expected/ normal.

<modsnip - off topic>

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have a link to a Reddit account you believe to be Caleb’s, report this post and provide that link so that we may review it and decide whether to allow it or not. Until then, please don’t discuss it.

Thanks!

ETA: We’ve received the links, thanks!
As of now, the Reddit account is not allowed to be linked or discussed here. Thank you to those who sent us links.

Nothing new, just a write up of what we know so far

If you have information regarding the disappearance of Caleb Harris, authorites are asking people to contact the Corpus Christi Police Department at (361) 826-2840 or you can submit an anonymous tip at Crime Stoppers 888-TIPS (888-8477). The tipline number set up by the Harris family is (361) 826-2950.

Nothing new, just a write up of what we know so far

If you have information regarding the disappearance of Caleb Harris, authorites are asking people to contact the Corpus Christi Police Department at (361) 826-2840 or you can submit an anonymous tip at Crime Stoppers 888-TIPS (888-8477). The tipline number set up by the Harris family is (361) 826-2950.
I wish there would be a break in this case. I’m sure the family feels this in an extreme sense.

I wish there would be a break in this case. I’m sure the family feels this in an extreme sense.

Well, there IS something LE is working on, according to that Jen Coffindaffer interview on YouTube
from two days ago:

(timestamps from the video’s transcript)

3:43
I can give you the good news that there is a development and then the bad news
3:49
that it can't be shared but just so you know that law enforcement is actively
3:54
working

Well, there IS something LE is working on, according to that Jen Coffindaffer interview on YouTube
from two days ago:

working
Yes, I was very glad to hear this. Also, a few days prior Tony had mentioned that they had received a significant tip. Said someone had tried to report it to the tip line and felt it wasn’t taken seriously, luckily they were somehow able to connect with Tony and get this info to him. Could be what they were referring to on Jen’s report, it sounded promising

New Braunfels family holds dual vigils for missing 21-year-old in hopes for his return​

4-4
. . .Becky Harris is hopeful they will see him still. She has no idea what happened but she feels strongly he was taken. Fight with everything you have, to get home and get into the light, Everybody knows who you are find somebody and get help. . .

Last edited:
I was initially torn between Caleb missing because of something he did (ran away, misadventure, suicide), and something nefarious. Given similar circumstances, it’s almost always the former. Men with his victimology aren’t abducted with any regularity.

At this point, I believe that this was a hookup gone wrong, something similar to the Mackenzie Lueck situation.

I continue to believe the best bet to finding out what happened, is his social media accounts. Unfortunately, there’s also the possibility that we’re talking about a service that may make it very difficult to ascertain that information.

Unless there’s something we don’t know, there doesn’t appear to be any evidence that he took off or anything.

He had to have left in a car, and I think it was willingly initially.

I was initially torn between Caleb missing because of something he did (ran away, misadventure, suicide), and something nefarious. Given similar circumstances, it’s almost always the former. Men with his victimology aren’t abducted with any regularity.

At this point, I believe that this was a hookup gone wrong, something similar to the Mackenzie Lueck situation.

I continue to believe the best bet to finding out what happened, is his social media accounts. Unfortunately, there’s also the possibility that we’re talking about a service that may make it very difficult to ascertain that information.

Unless there’s something we don’t know, there doesn’t appear to be any evidence that he took off or anything.

Which then makes his parents’ message to him that much clearer.

I’m right there with you on your theory.
How difficult is it to get into accounts or just get ip addresses? What if someone is using VPN?

I’m right there with you on your theory.
How difficult is it to get into accounts or just get ip addresses? What if someone is using VPN?
Interesting article about some of this stuff here. Incidentally, it’s the case I was referencing.

Last edited:
from two days ago:

working
That’s at least something, and I hope there’s a break pending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AJAY0618