April 08, 2024 Solar Eclipse

1712601328837.png
Started streaming 106 minutes ago #TotalSolarEclipse #askNASA #Eclipse
Watch live with us as a total solar eclipse moves across North America on April 8, 2024, traveling through Mexico, across the United States from Texas to Maine, and out across Canada’s Atlantic coast.A total solar eclipse occurs when the Moon passes between the Sun and the Earth, completely blocking the face of the Sun. The sky will darken as if it were dawn or dusk.From 1 to 4 p.m. EDT (1700 to 2000 UTC) on April 8, we’ll share conversations with experts and provide telescope views of the eclipse from several sites along the eclipse path. Throughout the broadcast, send us your questions in the chat using #askNASA for a chance to have them answered live.

Started streaming 17 minutes ago
The big day is here, sky-watchers, as a rare total solar eclipse makes its way across western P.E.I., which is reaching totality just after 3:30 P.M. ET. New Brunswick and P.E.I. are among the few places on the North American path of totality where the weather has co-operated with astronomers, boasting clear skies to allow for crisp viewing and photography.

It’s done here. It got so cool outside and was really surreal. What was really amazing is that the off and on clouds parted just in time to see the whole thing. And @anneg , you were right, I couldn’t see it at all through the glasses, it was totally black. I HAD to remove them to see it in totality.

It’s done here. It got so cool outside and was really surreal. What was really amazing is that the off and on clouds parted just in time to see the whole thing. And @anneg , you were right, I couldn’t see it at all through the glasses, it was totally black. I HAD to remove them to see it in totality.

I agree... a total eclipse has an associated "feeling".

Here in CA, just partial, but very cool nevertheless. Watched it from the coast, there were people with serious huge telescopes. They allowed anyone to look through them, and take a picture. The marks on the sun are sunspots.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-04-08 at 11.52.09 AM 2.jpeg
    Screen Shot 2024-04-08 at 11.52.09 AM 2.jpeg
    57.6 KB · Views: 25

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members