April 08, 2024 Solar Eclipse

Donate your UNDAMAGED / unused eclipse glasses.MAIL TO Eclipse Glasses USA, LLC, P.O. Box 50571, Provo, Utah, 84605. The glasses will be recycled and donated to school-aged children in South America to enjoy the upcoming annual eclipse in October.

Thanks! I forwarded the link to my daughter- my grandson’s school bought a ton of glasses for the kids and they probably have a surplus. They’re always looking for thoughtful projects.

So glad to hear that some of you were able to see the total eclipse!
I live about a 20 minute drive from a beach town on Lake Erie that experienced totality under sunny skies. I kind of wish we had decided to go, but we at least experienced 99.7% eclipse. Street lights came on and temperature dropped noticeably but even though it was 99.7% it wasn't anything like totality...not nearly as dark.
Now I'm jealous of those of you who saw it! :)

We only got to 79% but I still thought it was cool. We stayed outside for the whole thing. At the darkest, the temps got cooler and the goats put themselves to bed. They came back out as soon as the light came back to normal.
The goats put themselves to bed? That is so sweet. I’d love to see a video of that.

They went to their shelter and laid down till the light became more normal. The cows just kept grazing, they didn’t even notice.
So the goats noticed, but the cows didn’t. Hmmm. I truly love cows. Baby calves are beautiful. But, according to your experience, it appears that goats are more sensitive to atmospheric changes than cows? Or…..

So the goats noticed, but the cows didn’t. Hmmm. I truly love cows. Baby calves are beautiful. But, according to your experience, it appears that goats are more sensitive to atmospheric changes than cows? Or…..
I read that different animals can have different photosensitivity. Light changes can affect them differently, even among the same species.

Here in Md and was lucky enough that neighbor had the glasses for me to view. It was covered 3/4 or more and was quite the sight.

According to the American Astronomical Society, modern eclipse glasses don't expire. As long as your glasses were compliant with the ISO 12312-2 specifications and the lenses haven't been damaged, they can be used for a later eclipse.

The next total solar eclipse visible from the contiguous U.S. is Aug. 22, 2044, but totality will only occur over North Dakota and Montana.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675
Back