OK OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024 #2 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I remember correctly, when Patrick Frazee burned the body of his fiance on his property after he murdered her at her condo, the authorities were able to find a partial tooth after much digging and sifting through the soil, although much of the burned remains were likedly dumped in a river before LE located the site of the fire. Also, it was stated during the trial that Frazee's mother, the child's grandmother, stood on the front porch of their rural home for awhile watching the fire as it burned.

I mention this because of the similarity in the cases of a grandmother desparate to hold onto a grandchild that they have no right to and what they are willing to do to keep that child. And also mention this to say that if there was dismemberment and attempt to further destroy the remains of Veronica and Jillian, then even the smallest fragment may be found to ensure justice for the victims and their loved ones.

I agree with all you say- with the exception of wanting the kids for financial gain. IMO, this was 1000% about control.
If she hadn't been popped for the murders, Tifany would have eventually sought full-custody, icing out her own son. JMO.
IIRC son just recently went to rehab? What if he did it to protect himself, having a "knowing" feeling that something terrible was about to happen to Veronica?

If I remember correctly, when Patrick Frazee burned the body of his fiance on his property after he murdered her at her condo, the authorities were able to find a partial tooth after much digging and sifting through the soil, although much of the burned remains were likedly dumped in a river before LE located the site of the fire. Also, it was stated during the trial that Frazee's mother, the child's grandmother, stood on the front porch of their rural home for awhile watching the fire as it burned.

I mention this because of the similarity in the cases of a grandmother desparate to hold onto a grandchild that they have no right to and what they are willing to do to keep that child. And also mention this to say that if there was dismemberment and attempt to further destroy the remains of Veronica and Jillian, then even the smallest fragment may be found to ensure justice for the victims and their loved ones.
I was thinking about that case earlier, as there does appear to be some similar dynamics. In that one, the state was able to overcome the lack of a body thanks to some physical evidence (tooth, blood), as well as cell phone data that corroborated the account provided by the states witness.

So in the off chance the bodies can’t be recovered, there is still going to be a trail of evidence that leads to only one conclusion.

I do think they’ll be found though.

Former Okie here. The women will probably end up at Mabel Bassett Corrections Center in McCloud, OK. It has the women's death row facility.
This is where I worked and supervised inmates. We used to call it Mabel Bassett Community Corrections. They closed it in 2022 after I retired.

The Oklahoma Department of Corrections confirmed Wednesday that the Oklahoma City Community Corrections Center is closing. At the end of January, the women’s facility will empty out, sending hundreds of inmates to two different correction centers.

Hard to believe anyone could think, and convince others, that the answer to a custody dispute of young children is to murder their mother and another innocent mother.
Did it not occur to any of them that in a few short years, six and nine year old children will be teenagers and then adults who will confidently decide for themselves who will be in their lives.
I have personally witnessed erratic and dangerous behaviour between divorced parents of young kids and can attest to the long term effects on everyone involved - parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, friends ... but especially clear is how the childhood trauma has manifested in the now adult children.
Incredibly sad :(
Godspeed Veronica and Jilian
May the children of both of these women be loved and and supported through the trauma of this experience. In time, may they heal and go on to live the wonderful blessed lives they deserve.
MOO
T didn't seem to consider these kids would be teenagers, and dealing with teenagers isn't exactly a piece of cake.

This is where I worked and supervised inmates. We used to call it Mabel Bassett Community Corrections. They closed it in 2022 after I retired.

The Oklahoma Department of Corrections confirmed Wednesday that the Oklahoma City Community Corrections Center is closing. At the end of January, the women’s facility will empty out, sending hundreds of inmates to two different correction centers.
Mabel Bassett is still open.

Last edited:
PIx at OK. Graybar Hotel Photo Studio.
Grandmother Tifany Adams certainly aged badly in the last 5 years!...
View attachment 497101
View attachment 497102
snipped for focus @otto Yep, quite a diff in the pix, if taken just 5 yrs apart.
@Deepinthought52 (TYVM :) ) said substances as a possibility.
Could be Rx or rec drugs. Illness?

Not just a bad hair day or harsh lighting in current pic.
No "Satisfaction Guaranteed" like at GlamourShots.
Oh, well, would seem to be the least of her worries. imo

I can, too.

This whole thing borders on the unbelievable. A grandmother who rules the roost and a boyfriend and friends who will do the unthinkable for her.

Look how many families were just ruined. And the kids -- unless Veronica has some family that might take them, they stand a chance of being raised by a father who's had his share of problems.

Did Tifany really think she could pull this off?

I'm curious the grandmother's motive if anything besides she wanted full custody.

The OKC annex next to the DOC Administration Bldg? I don’t think so.

Oklahoma ranks second in the nation for female incarceration rates
I believe the OP said Mabel Bassett in McCloud, not the facility in OKC.

IIRC son just recently went to rehab? What if he did it to protect himself, having a "knowing" feeling that something terrible was about to happen to Veronica?
I believe that the father of the children (a/k/a "VB's ex-") was ordered by the court to enter rehab, for a period of at least 90 days. I don't have any link to that information, though -- so, IMO or IIRC!

Mabel Bassett is still open.
Mabel Bassett Correctional Center

"The Mabel Bassett Correctional Center (MBCC) is an Oklahoma Department of Corrections prison for women located in unincorporated Pottawatomie County, Oklahoma, near McLoud. The facility houses 1241 inmates, most of whom are held at medium security.[2] It is the largest female prison in Oklahoma.[3]"

"The facility first opened in 1974, on Martin Luther King Drive in Oklahoma City. It was named for Oklahoma political figure Mabel Bassett, who served as the Commission of Charities and Corrections from 1923 to 1947. It also houses the female death row for the state."

I guess the business doesn't have a social media strategy.

I looked up the dialogue, it's a scene from a Batman movie. This is a longer clip.

This is interesting. Batman has kind of become a dog whistle for far-right white nationalists. Given that the 4 seem to be connected via a cult group that borders on sovereign citizen stuff, I gather that’s what it’s about. When I read that about them I realized why armored tanks showed up at the arrest, reminds me of the government response to something like Waco for example.

Especially when you factor in the murder of a woman totally unconnected to the custody situation. This wasn’t about protecting the kids, it was about granny gaining custody of them at all costs.
Has she done this before? Does grandma have custody of any of her other grandchildren?
I think she COVETED them....
So much drama came with this woman....4-5 husbands, proven paternity case with her daughter,. AND that's only the public records!!!
I think she just knew she had total control with littlins.
I hadn't heard about the paternity case with her daughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2