OK OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024 #3 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
For quite awhile, I've thought that TA is the kind of person who would want VB to know she was about to be killed, and that she (TA) was the one behind it. I’ve thought perhaps TA brought her grandkids to the meeting place for an alibi, and to be able to say, "See, your Mom doesn't care enough about you to show up today." To make herself out to be the doting grandma, "I am the only one who truly loves you." Then she perhaps planned to drop off the grandkids somewhere, meet her minions who were merely supposed to kidnap VB and JK, and be present herself to terrorize the women before killing them. Later, perhaps she planned to play clueless and expected local law enforcement to believe her.

Just some ideas swirling around in my head. JMHO

According to an affadavit, the gang intended to kill VB in February but were unable to because she would not leave her home. (That was the planned anvil attack) TA was looking for someway to entice VB to leave the safety of her home.
I literally could not believe the details of the planned "anvil" attack. The timing logistics of being able to successfully pull that off are mind boggling.

I also read in disbelief, how Cora openly told her sixteen year old daughter, how the murders went down. These were people who if you looked at their facebook pages appeared to be upstanding, God loving people.

Their local community is reeling. They involved their own family and friends - cleaning & borrowing a truck involved with the crime, burying bodies on their property. I fully expect to see this on a two hour episode of Dateline.

My thoughts are with Veronica & Jillian's famiy and loved ones tonight :(

For quite awhile, I've thought that TA is the kind of person who would want VB to know she was about to be killed, and that she (TA) was the one behind it. I’ve thought perhaps TA brought her grandkids to the meeting place for an alibi, and to be able to say, "See, your Mom doesn't care enough about you to show up today." To make herself out to be the doting grandma, "I am the only one who truly loves you." Then she perhaps planned to drop off the grandkids somewhere, meet her minions who were merely supposed to kidnap VB and JK, and be present herself to terrorize the women before killing them. Later, perhaps she planned to play clueless and expected local law enforcement to believe her.

Just some ideas swirling around in my head. JMHO

I also have the same feelings about TA. She would want to make VB look as bad as possible.

I don't think the Affidavit for TA has been specific at all about exactly where she was when the crime was committed. She bought enough burner phones for the heavies, but apparently not one for herself.

Although she did buy enough tasers for all. This is an extremely disturbing.

I vacilate between whether she would want to be there for the burials or not.

I’m shocked that they didn’t put the kids in PC. I was hoping they were able to sell it to TA that that would be best for the children right now.
Then I wonder if they tried and she said no.
I don’t know if they bugged the house, but leaving kids there seems to me like such a crazy risk.
I don't think TA would have ever let CPS place the children in protective custody. She wasn't going to let those children go anywhere.

I also have the same feelings about TA. She would want to make VB look as bad as possible.

I don't think the Affidavit for TA has been specific at all about exactly where she was when the crime was committed. She bought enough burner phones for the heavies, but apparently not one for herself.

Although she did buy enough tasers for all. This is an extremely disturbing.

I vacilate between whether she would want to be there for the burials or not.
I thought The Twomblys blocked and forced the car off to the side road where TA and Cullum were. Am I mistaken?

Shortly after the disappearance of Butler and Kelley, and less than ten miles from where they went missing, two burner phones were at a property where a hole had been dug, filled back in and covered with hay.

The property owner, Jamie Beasley, said that dirt work was done with a skid steer by Cullum on March 29 and was finished March 30. Cullum rents pasture property owned by Beasley.

Beasley knew Cullum left his skid steer on the property on March 29, and when he awoke on March 30, it was gone.

On March 31, Cullum was at Beasley’s house and told Beasley that police were looking at him for the disappearance of Butler and Kelley and that he didn’t want police to cause a problem for Beasley.

Beasley said if anyone asked, he would say Cullum had done tree and dirt work for him.

IMO, and each to his own, but seems curious that Beasley didnt go and take a look, given the ongoing circumstances.

No, this was court ordered. But yes, if he had knowledge, as his grandmother alleged, then he knew at least that far back.

That’s not a crime though.
I have to wonder if that kind of talk wasn't out of the norm for Tifany. So it was sort of like the boy who cried wolf - he didn't think it would ever happen? Wouldn't be shocked if even more people knew she wanted to eliminate Veronica.

The four seemed to know they were being looked at. I'll bet Cora & Cole were in need of TP, when they had to leave the kids with LE and couldn't talk to them in Kerrick.

It looks like the February attempt was to occur at Veronica’s home. It appears the plan was to wait until she left the house to go somewhere, and chuck an anvil out the back of their truck, into her windshield.

I don’t think there was any visitation going on during this attempt.

I could be wrong, but I understood this as they drove to her place of living, made attempts to get her to leave her home, with the plan being to drop an anvil on her car while driving. But she never left her house. I assume it wasn't a scheduled visitation day and they were meant to not be known to be in her area. JMO. Your post has me looking at it another way too now though.

Thank you both! I was posting while not updating myself (I hate having to work!) and shouldn't have done that, so I very much appreciate your corrections on that.

IMO, and each to his own, but seems curious that Beasley didnt go and take a look, given the ongoing circumstances.
On March 31, Cullum was at Beasley’s house and told Beasley that police were looking at him for the disappearance of Butler and Kelley and that he didn’t want police to cause a problem for Beasley.

Beasley said if anyone asked, he would say Cullum had done tree and dirt work for him.

No, the law prosecutes actions. If LE had evidence he'd 'ordered' it from jail, ie contacted them, promised money, gave instructions, then those actions could be the basis for charges.

JMO
Makes sense to me. Because if someone could be prosecuted for merely being aware another person talked/thought about committing a murder, enter the Orwellian era of ‘thought police’. Until those thoughts materialize into illegal actions, the perpetrator has not committed a crime, so no crime to report.

It’s impossible to say how serious Wrangler perceived his mother’s threats to be, especially if she was inclined to often use threatening language. JMO

I have to wonder if that kind of talk wasn't out of the norm for Tifany. So it was sort of like the boy who cried wolf - he didn't think it would ever happen? Wouldn't be shocked if even more people knew she wanted to eliminate Veronica.

The four seemed to know they were being looked at. I'll bet Cora & Cole were in need of TP, when they had to leave the kids with LE and couldn't talk to them in Kerrick.
Oh I can’t imagine how scared they were at that moment. I would have loved to have seen that.

The only thing they had going for them was the bodies, which I imagine they had a degree of confidence that they wouldn’t be found.

Whoops.

Sorry if asked and answered but what is with the search by TA about how to get somebody out of your house? Who do you think she was referring to at that moment. My mind is drawing a blank on that web search.
It was related to an earlier plot where the <modsnip: unnecessary> accused murderers went to Veronica’s town intending to lure her out of the house and get her to drive somewhere, and then they would…drop? throw? use a homemade trebuchet to launch? an actual anvil through her windshield to kill her. Veronica would not leave her home in that instance, so the plan failed.

Last edited by a moderator:
JMO, But he probably knew, which could make him an accessory before the fact. You don't have to be actually present at the scene of a crime to be charged under what is known as "accomplice liability".

Isn’t an ‘accomplice’ someone who assists in facilitating a crime in some way? Ie giving housekeys for a future robbery to occur, or paying for a hit.

I’m just catching up and after reading the affidavit it is unbelievable how idiotic those 4 are. Internet searches, burner phones, stun gun purchases…to name a few.

I’m more shocked though that the daughter was told everything so nonchalantly like it’s a normal conversation. And asks her to clean the truck?!
I know right?! IMO though TA was the mastermind of the heinous murderous plot, the director if you will, a criminal mastermind she obviously is not! It seems this nasty woman and her recruits never watched an episode of Dateline, 48 hours, 20/20 (insert sarcasm).

Seriously, as someone else pointed out earlier, I’m very thankful these nasty creatures are as dumb as rocks to think they could pull this off without getting caught/outsmart LE with the trail of evidence we now know they left behind (which I’m sure is just the tip of the proverbial iceberg of evidence LE has against these idiots). SMDH.

I have to say, in all the years I’ve been following true crime, these might just be the dumbest bunch of co-conspirator criminals I’ve ever seen.

IMHO

I wonder to what extent poor brave CW, who reported her knowledge of the murders to police, did so out of (IMO utterly reasonable) fear that she would very soon come to be seen as a threat (and disposed of) by the murderous pack of misfits (er, sorry, Misfits) since she had been filled in on the deets of the crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant