GUILTY MO - Rowan Ford, 9, raped & murdered, Stella, 3 Nov 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
I swear to God every time I drive into Mac county I hear the banjos start dueling. Anyway, seems there are some local people on the thread... hi!

I am very impressed as well. Some people have taken pot shots at the local LE, saying that is why the FBI was called in, but that is common with child abductions (that the FBI was called in). Apparently the 50 plus of them have been in town for the past week. That is common in these cases. Local LE is inexperienced in child abductions, and I am sure they would be the first to admit that. But I think that prosecutions are going to be handled locally. At least that is what is being reported by local media.

It is thick down there (wooded) with small communities. Caves and sink holes are common. Like some of the articles are saying, it would have been IMPOSSIBLE for the perps to have gotten her down there unless they were EXTREMELY familiar with the area. Especially at night.
God bless the police officers who battle that drug problem down there and the social workers who have to deal with the issues down there also. Mac county has issues.

Lots of teens on the eastern part of McDonald County know about that area - use to be a hang out area for teens for several years. Most of them know about that sinkhole - there is a large cave at the bottom. Bet it gets filled in now.

This really is, as someone said, incredibly reminiscent of the Evelyn Miller case. :(

Just got word folks - both Spears and Collins have been charged with rape, and murder in Barry County. Kidnapping will be filed in Newton County.

Will get a link as soon as it comes up.

This is just absolutely sick, that two men would rape a 9 year old child. And, while I understand some May-December marriages work, 24 is 20 years younger than the mother's age. What was she thinking? Was she raising another child? How long had they been married?

I'm sorry, but, lady, you've got a child. She should have come first in your life.

Just got word folks - both Spears and Collins have been charged with rape, and murder in Barry County. Kidnapping will be filed in Newton County.

Will get a link as soon as it comes up.

Thanks for the update ... I was so hoping not to hear the R word ...

This is just absolutely sick, that two men would rape a 9 year old child. And, while I understand some May-December marriages work, 24 is 20 years younger than the mother's age. What was she thinking? Was she raising another child? How long had they been married?

I'm sorry, but, lady, you've got a child. She should have come first in your life.

Colleen Spears has been with the step Dad for 5 years - I don't think I'm ready to throw her under the bus because of age, nor for having to work on a job that required her to be away at night. Yes she has another daughter who is over 18, but not living in that home.

Perhaps the mother that belongs under the bus is the one who thought nothing of loaning her son a vehicle at 130 am so he could "clear his head" and who sat in that house for 5.5 hours and never checked on that little girl - if we are going to throw innocents under the bus.

This is one case where I wouldn't mind beheading and burning. :mad:

Myrna Spears told The Associated Press Saturday that her son admitted to her from jail Friday night that he had taken part in the crime. He claimed to have suffered a blackout and his memories of that night started coming back to him on Friday, she said.

:furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

What a load of $HIT. During his blackout he was able to call his mommy to get her vehicle -- without arising her suspicion so that she wouldn't check on Rowan -- manage a trapsing around THREE counties, raping, murdering and hiding a little girl and he FORGOT! Whatever :razz:

Colleen Spears has been with the step Dad for 5 years - I don't think I'm ready to throw her under the bus because of age, nor for having to work on a job that required her to be away at night. Yes she has another daughter who is over 18, but not living in that home./QUOTE]

The reality is that he was 19 years old when they met/married. She was 39. He was certainly not what I would consider an adult worthy of becoming a step-dad.

:( :sick: :mad:

I have no words after reading that except this can't be their first time. Surely there are other victims, and I bet sweet Rowan had been abused before.

These two definitely need to suffer.

Fortunately they appear to be sparing everyone the expense of a trial by confessing-Mr. Spears mom should be so proud of her son and the role she played unwittingly(?) in this...what incredible deviance.

Here is the article I am posting an excerpt to, the quoted part *kills* me, no mother should have to go through that. :furious: :( :( :(

Tallahassee Democrat said:
Bill Alsop, the village mayor, said Colleen Spears was too upset to speak with reporters.
"She's numb," Alsop said. "She's trying to keep herself busy. She's in there right now on the sewing machine, sewing something for her baby's funeral."

Excerpt from Probable Cause Affidavit.

Warning: Graphic.

http://www.kspr.com/news/local/11173121.html

They need to be flailed. SLOWLY.

I'd be happy to give two public demonstrations! I'd be worth the airfares.

Sami

Sami
The above article does not say how Rowan got to Collings trailer. According to Spears when he arrives at the trailer Collings is already molesting the child. I think there is more to the story than what is being told.

The above article does not say how Rowan got to Collings trailer. According to Spears when he arrives at the trailer Collings is already molesting the child. I think there is more to the story than what is being told.

I don't understand either. At what point did Spears get his mom's car? Did he maybe allow Collins to take Rowan away to molest her and then decided to participate later, so he got his mom's car? Or did he go get his mom's car to hide Rowan? Or did he borrow his mom's car to take Rowan to Collins' trailer? I'm confused.

This whole thing is very ugly and only gets uglier as we learn more. What a creep! Also his so-called friend. As for his mother...better not even say what I think of her.

Someone on here asked how we can stop this kind of thing from happening. One way to at least prevent some of these crimes is to teach all the mothers out there that they absolutely must protect their babies from "step-fathers". Boyfriends, step-dads, they are very dangerous to young children. I know. Not all. But the statistics I have read over the years bear out that children are at much greater risk for abuse and murder from unrelated male partners of their mothers than from any stranger on the street. In the animal world, new mates will often kill the offspring of the mother so they can free the nursing mother for a new pregnancy and disseminate their own gene pool. This tendency translates to humans. It does not explain the rape part. None of us understand what attraction there can be towards a little child. It sickening. But, mothers need to start realizing the threat to their children's wellbeing from their partners. When are they going to learn?? The need to have a man in one's life simply must not supercede the need to protect one's child. I'm sick of it. The financial or emotional gain of having a mate is not worth the risk. At the least, these mom's need to NEVER, EVER, EVER LEAVE THEIR CHILD ALONE WITH THE "BOYFRIEND". I have had enough. My heart is broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member