Defense Witness List

NOTHING these 3 witnesses say can refute the hard scientific evidence that Caylee is dead. They will bluster, they will try, but they will be torn apart on the stand by the Prosecution. Can't wait :smile:

It's going to be good.

:popcorn:

"George Anthony admits losing money to email scam
11:52 a.m. During an interview with the FBI earlier this summer, George Anthony admitted that he'd lost the family's money in an e-mail scam - something he hadn't divulged to his wife.

He told an agent he received an email that said there was $2.2 million in a foreign bank account waiting for him."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...cindy-anthony-112108,0,371314.story?track=rss

Wowzer!

OMG! George, former LE feel for an internet scam??? :waitasec:

Snipped:
And the defendant almost never testifies. JB will definitely keep KC off the stand.

Agreed, but wouldn't you just LOVE to see her on the stand while the prosecution questions her?! Oh well.

11:52 a.m. During an interview with the FBI earlier this summer, George Anthony admitted that he'd lost the family's money in an e-mail scam - something he hadn't divulged to his wife.

He told an agent he received an email that said there was $2.2 million in a foreign bank account waiting for him."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...cindy-anthony-112108,0,371314.story?track=rss

Wowzer!

That's the Nigerian scam. Lots of people are scammed by it everyday. The worst case I can think of is Mary Winkler. The woman about 3 years ago that killed her abusive husband, according to her, because she had lost money in that scam and was afraid what he would do when he found out.

I just read on another site today that a woman was recently a victim of this same scam and lost 400,000.00!

The FBI is investigating this as a major threat, at this time, to US Citizens.

That's the Nigerian scam. Lots of people are scammed by it everyday. The worst case I can think of is Mary Winkler. The woman about 3 years ago that killed her abusive husband, according to her, because she had lost money in that scam and was afraid what he would do when he found out.

I just read on another site today that a woman was recently a victim of this same scam and lost 400,000.00!

The FBI is investigating this as a major threat, at this time, to US Citizens.

Would that be the woman who is a doctor?

Why don't people pay attention to the news??? They've talked about this on Dateline and elsewhere. This scam has been around for some time now. These people need to wake up.

What?!?! Zanny isn't on the list??? They have a chance to get the evil woman who started all of this up on the stand and make her admit to her evil deeds and they aren't going to call her??? The only person who knows where Caylee is, who knows that she is "close" and is "alive". The author of the infamous and diabolical "script" isn't going to testify????

Would that be the woman who is a doctor?

Why don't people pay attention to the news??? They've talked about this on Dateline and elsewhere. This scam has been around for some time now. These people need to wake up.

No this woman was a minister's wife in the south.

I still get spam email regarding this scam. It's hard to believe intelligent people still fall for it.:eek:

Wowzer!

Hello All!! Been following this case since day 1, but finally decided to comment. The first thought that came to my mind with GA losing the family's money, was that KC may not have stolen as much from the family. I don't think I can too many more surprises with this case! I almost wish I wasn't as involved as I am - it is drving me crazy!!

No this woman was a minister's wife in the south.

I still get spam email regarding this scam. It's hard to believe intelligent people still fall for it.:eek:

I was speaking about the lady who was recently in the news. My husband said another woman was recently caught up in this scam, and she's a doctor. I had no idea that Mary Winkler got caught up in the scam as well. Is that for real, anyway? or just a story she told LE to explain why she killed her husband? :confused:

That goes to show you, they only have three people on the defense witness list and this is what will put the nail in Casey's coffin.. What in the world is Baez thinking? These experts are not going to lie for Casey...

Quote:

Larry E. Daniel - http://www.guardiandf.com/

With a six year history of providing computer forensics services to public defenders and private attorneys, we bring experience to the table in supporting attorneys and clients all the way through cases from initial discovery through court testimony.

Our principal forensics consultant, Larry E. Daniel, has extensive experience in criminal defense cases including sex crimes and homicides. We also provide many other computer and cell phone forensics services to corporations and private individuals ranging from divorce cases to intellectual property cases.

We also provide services to companies and law firms for protection and preservation of sensitive data, data recovery, data wiping, and internal compliance checks.

Be sure and check out our resource pages for current and past case law involving computer forensics and cell phone forensics.

We have also collected an extensive library of links to resources such as addresses for supoenas for ISPs, telecom companies and cell phone service providers.

You can also review recent rulings in cases in North Carolina.

And while you are here, don't miss Larry Daniel's blog, EX FORENSIS , on current issues and trends in computer forensics and cell phone forensics, written expecially for attorneys.

Quote:

Dr. Larry Kobilinsky - http://web.jjay.cuny.edu/~science/kobilinsky.htm

Lawrence Kobilinsky
Ph.D. – City University Graduate Center
Professor of Biology and Immunology
Associate Provost John Jay College
(212) 237-8884

My research interests concern the use of state-of-the-art technology to identify individuals from physiological fluids and tissues, and to associate biological crime scene evidence with a suspect. Forensic DNA analysis has been termed a revolutionary technique which resulted from the ground-breaking work of Drs. Kary Mullis and Alec Jeffries. The technology has evolved ever since.

The late 80’s saw the adoption of RFLP (DNA Fingerprinting) methods by a number of public and private laboratories. The FBI and other Federal, State and County laboratories became keenly interested in the promise of this technology. There was a clear transition from protein analysis to nucleotide analysis, the latter being far superior because of a greater degree of polymorphism that exists at various genetic loci within the genome. During the early 90's, the expensive and time consuming RFLP procedure has been supplanted by the use of analyses of evidence that had been amplified by the Polymerase Chain Reaction technology to generate large quantities of genetic material from, often, miniscule amounts of evidence found at crime scenes. The amplified DNA can then be tested using a variety of different methods such as reverse dot blot procedures, gel or capillary electrophoresis.

Currently, my research is focused on single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) detection and on sequencing technology. Although SNP analysis is not yet performed by forensic laboratories, it is in many ways far superior to the current widely used PCR-STR analysis. The forensic biology laboratory at John Jay boasts all the necessary equipment to perform all types of forensic DNA analysis. This equipment includes ABI-Prism sequencers (310 and 377), the latter being a gel electrophoresis instrument and the former being a capillary electrophoresis instrument. It also includes an ABI Taqman for real time PCR studies as well as SNP detection. SNP detection is also accomplished with a Transgenomic Wave instrument. The laboratory is also equipped with an Agilent system which features the latest chip technology for human identification. The Lab on a Chip uses micro-capillary electrophoresis followed by gene scanning to accomplish identification.

Quote:

Dr. Henry Lee - http://www.drhenrylee.com/about/

The legendary investigator is known for finding the tiniest clues. He has even solved a murder without a body. Over the past 40 years, Lee assisted in the investigations of more than 6,000 cases, including war crimes in Bosnia and Croatia, the suicide of President Clinton's former White House attorney, Vince Foster, review of the JFK assassination, and the death of JonBennet Ramsey.

Court Qualification
Qualified as an expert witness or an expert involved in forensic science, forensic serology, bloodspatter analysis, crime scene investigation, fingerprints, imprints and general physical evidence in the various county, superior, supreme and federal courts in California, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Virginia, Washington, D.C., West Virginia, and various foreign countries. Recognized as an expert by involvement in and/or performance of forensic laboratory examination, traffic accident investigation, airplane accident investigation, fire and arson investigation, home and industrial security, homicide and rape investigation in thousands of other criminal or civil cases submitted by representatives of the people and defendants, or by representatives of plaintiffs, and privately represented parties from all states and many foreign countries.

I'm starting to see why the prosecution wants the NG tapes.. perhaps to catch Kobe up. Because he sure did a lot of backtracking when he joined forces with the defense.

I'm starting to see why the prosecution wants the NG tapes.. perhaps to catch Kobe up. Because he sure did a lot of backtracking when he joined forces with the defense.

Yep, and it's all coming back to bite him.

Welcome to Guardian Digital Forensics

With a six year history of providing computer forensics services to public defenders and private attorneys, we bring experience to the table in supporting attorneys and clients all the way through cases from initial discovery through court testimony.

http://whois.domaintools.com/guardiandf.com

NS History: 1 change on 2 unique name servers over 0 year.
IP History: 1 change on 2 unique name servers over 0 years.
Whois History: 2 records have been archived since 2008-07-09.
Reverse IP: 6 other sites hosted on this server.

www.guardiandf.com

Name Servers:
ns.yourtechnician.com
ns2.yourtechnician.com

Creation date: 07 Jul 2008 13:49:10
Expiration date: 07 Jul 2013 13:49:10

----

Ok, is it at all odd that a computer expert with '6 years experience' would not even have a website until July of this year?????

I don't know a whole lot about the court process, but do you think it's possible with just scientists on his defense list he may try to go for some kind of mistrial? Any legal experts out there that might be familiar with how that works?

I'm not a legal expert by any stretch but it looks to me like he is going to try and have the forensics deemed inadmissable as junk science and move to dismiss.
These witnesses are listed on the "A" list of witnesses meaning they are subject to deposition. I wonder if prosecutors will depose them.

Yes, they can add more up until a certain point before the trial. Both sides can also withhold info (that is, not file it with the clerk's office) up until a certain point before the trial but once they file it, it becomes public record.

They can also call NEWLY discovered witness DURING the trial, IMO. Need one of our legal minds here at WS to weigh in on this one, but I think that is right. The prosecution and/or defense are obligated to inform the other side ASAP, tho.

And Baez probably doesn't want to give a complete list until he has to because he's afraid of letting the prosecution question HIS witnesses.

I can't imagine the defense will come up with ANY relevant (non-expert) witness that the prosecution hasn't already interviewed.

Also could set Casey up for 'Inadequate Defense' appeal, IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back