CA/Canada - Elisa Lam - 21 years old - Los Angeles/Vancouver - 31-Jan-2013 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, let's consider the basic options; she's alone or someone's there in the hall.

If she's alone, then she's crazy, or on drugs, or ghosts. I don't really believe any of those. If this was the case, I don't think anyone would really be making a big deal about this case.

Which means someone's in the hall.
I honestly think you are making a huge leap of faith in your conclusions of what happened to Elisa.
  • To me, it looks as if she is some altered state of mind due to her loosey-goosey posture and exaggerated hand movements - one might interact with a child in this fashion, but not another adult (children are not allowed at the hotel)
  • I see no evidence that she feels threatened at all. Think about how you would react if you were afraid or somebody was threatening you with a weapon - adrenaline would kick in, your shoulders would be raised, you would set your jaw, your knees would be slightly bent, you'd lean slightly forward in a fight-or-flight stance. I don't see any of these traits in Elisa. When she does that little hop out of the elevator she lands flat-footed and her knees are locked. There is no urgency in her demeanor.
  • Why didn't she cry for help? It should be an obvious conclusion to her that other people were behind those doors. Would you yell for help rather that be led to a non-occupied part of the building by a person with a gun?

But I do appreciate your input and we are all entitled to our opinion so here is mine:
  • We know she took a lot of medications and, based on her writings, she seemed rather blase' about how powerful these meds were. I think it is entirely plausible that she was sleepwalking due to Ambien use. She's a tiny thing and Ambien is a really strong drug known for making people do strange things in a blacked-out state (eating cigarette butts with butter is a reported example that comes to mind).
  • I'm not sure that there is someone else in the hall. Given my belief that she was sleepwalking on Ambien, I find it just as likely that she was having a conversation with someone in her dream.
  • It's her being found in the water tank on the roof that gets me. Even in her sleepwalking state, I find it hard to believe she would climb out on the fire escape, climb up a ladder to the roof, maneuver herself between 4 large water tanks, climb another ladder, remove the tank lid, and lower herself into the water. I find it near impossible to believe if she did this in the dark (And I am assuming this happened at night because she would be doing these things relatively undetected). If the water-tank was more easily accessed, if she didn't have to climb a ladder 150 from the ground and if it were daylight or well-lighted, I might be able to come to a conclusion that she lowered herself into the tank and was unable to get out. But then again, due to her altered state, she might not necessarily perceive the danger/dark.
  • If her body was partially clothed and the clothes were not next to the tank and there was evidence of an assault or that she was dead when she went into the water I think she came across someone with ill-intentions that recognized she was in an altered state of mind and took advantage of it. I could see how this hotel might be a magnet for serial killer wannabes. I think this person was a resident of the hotel or an employee due to their familiarity with the hotel infrastructure. I think they invited her to their room and murdered and possibly raped her. I think her body stayed in their room for several hours up to a day or 2 before they found a safe time to deposit her in the water tank undetected.

But like I said, we are all entitled to an opinion and I enjoy reading other's and welcome people to point out the faults in mine. I hope the final autopsy report and police findings are made public as this case has really piqued my interest. But more than anything, I hope this young lady did not suffer. RIP, Elisa.

I honestly think you are making a huge leap of faith in your conclusions of what happened to Elisa.
  • To me, it looks as if she is some altered state of mind due to her loosey-goosey posture and exaggerated hand movements - one might interact with a child in this fashion, but not another adult (children are not allowed at the hotel)
  • I see no evidence that she feels threatened at all. Think about how you would react if you were afraid or somebody was threatening you with a weapon - adrenaline would kick in, your shoulders would be raised, you would set your jaw, your knees would be slightly bent, you'd lean slightly forward in a fight-or-flight stance. I don't see any of these traits in Elisa. When she does that little hop out of the elevator she lands flat-footed and her knees are locked. There is no urgency in her demeanor.
  • Why didn't she cry for help? It should be an obvious conclusion to her that other people were behind those doors. Would you yell for help rather that be led to a non-occupied part of the building by a person with a gun?

But I do appreciate your input and we are all entitled to our opinion so here is mine:
  • We know she took a lot of medications and, based on her writings, she seemed rather blase' about how powerful these meds were. I think it is entirely plausible that she was sleepwalking due to Ambien use. She's a tiny thing and Ambien is a really strong drug known for making people do strange things in a blacked-out state (eating cigarette butts with butter is a reported example that comes to mind).
  • I'm not sure that there is someone else in the hall. Given my belief that she was sleepwalking on Ambien, I find it just as likely that she was having a conversation with someone in her dream.
  • It's her being found in the water tank on the roof that gets me. Even in her sleepwalking state, I find it hard to believe she would climb out on the fire escape, climb up a ladder to the roof, maneuver herself between 4 large water tanks, climb another ladder, remove the tank lid, and lower herself into the water. I find it near impossible to believe if she did this in the dark (And I am assuming this happened at night because she would be doing these things relatively undetected). If the water-tank was more easily accessed, if she didn't have to climb a ladder 150 from the ground and if it were daylight or well-lighted, I might be able to come to a conclusion that she lowered herself into the tank and was unable to get out. But then again, due to her altered state, she might not necessarily perceive the danger/dark.
  • If her body was partially clothed and the clothes were not next to the tank and there was evidence of an assault or that she was dead when she went into the water I think she came across someone with ill-intentions that recognized she was in an altered state of mind and took advantage of it. I could see how this hotel might be a magnet for serial killer wannabes. I think this person was a resident of the hotel or an employee due to their familiarity with the hotel infrastructure. I think they invited her to their room and murdered and possibly raped her. I think her body stayed in their room for several hours up to a day or 2 before they found a safe time to deposit her in the water tank undetected.

But like I said, we are all entitled to an opinion and I enjoy reading other's and welcome people to point out the faults in mine. I hope the final autopsy report and police findings are made public as this case has really piqued my interest. But more than anything, I hope this young lady did not suffer. RIP, Elisa.

For those wondering why Elisa Lam seems very playful when she gestures with her hands/movements, look at this article regarding her personality:

http://metronews.ca/news/vancouver/...red-for-cheerful-and-charismatic-personality/

Yvonne Chung went to the same high school as Lam, who was a year older, and described her as “incredibly outgoing” and somebody who was friends with everybody.

“And really, she had the sweetest smile,” she told Metro Wednesday.

Teika Steins, manager of Planet Traveler, said Lam stayed at the Toronto hostel for about a week in early December and she never noticed any odd behaviour from the University of B.C. student.

“Her personality was very contagious,” she said. “She had a very charismatic personality and we were drawn towards it. She’d run down the stairs, bouncing up and down.”

“We have a lot of people come and go, but when you have people like Elisa who are cheerful all the time and very welcoming to people, you just remember them,” Steins said, adding Lam joined her and other hostel staff for dinner at one time.

Hi everyone,
been reading along with y'all, trying to make some sense of this case right along with you. I'm still about 10 pages behind, but am pedalling fast to catch up. I'd like to make a comment before I forget, lol.

Several have posted about the vent in the wall. Am I understanding correctly that this vent is on the wall between the shower and toilet rooms? And if so, someone could be in either of those rooms, and spy on someone in the other room?

Someone mentioned that Elisa may have caught someone spying on her while taking a shower, perhaps she threatened to call security, which may have led to her death.

Thinking this over, am thinking that could have happened!

Could explain why she was in the hallway, without her glasses, and wearing what looks like her flip-flops. She could have grabbed her clothes and put them on in a fast hurry, went into the elevator, and pushed all those buttons in order to get the heck out of dodge. Leaving the shower room in a fast hurry could be why she didn't take any shower stuff back with her, just wanted to get out of there.

In the elevator, I really think we see a progression from 'get me off this floor' to any floor I don't care... to... omg the elevator won't move... she perhaps saw/heard the person coming, then tries to explain/beg her way out of any danger she may have perceived... to... her trying again to get the elevator moving... to... her giving up and reluctantly going with the person.

It would be great if we could hear audio in this video, would sure help to have heard what she was hearing/saying. And of course, it would help to have seen what was on either side of that elevator.

I wonder why LE released this video, what their intentions in doing so were? Because it seems that without the audio she could appear to be acting strangely. Yet without audio, wouldn't the majority of us appear that way? Perhaps that was the purpose they released the video for, so they could then call it an accidental death due to some sort of 'episode', and hope we all forget about it and let them move on?

I don't think we're gonna do that. LOL

I think the "Duty to Warn" is an important point. If law enforcement really did suspect someone was on the loose drugging and/or raping/murdering girls in the Cecil they would put out some kind of alert or notification to try and prevent another murder. But instead we have to wait 6-8 weeks before they'll let us know anything. That says a lot.

LE does not always "warn", even if there's a threat out there, just saying. :twocents:

What I'm saying after reading your post, is that quite often (referring to Iowa cousins case) LE does not always warn the public-even when a threat is out there. Hence my disagreement.
IMHO, just because a "poster" says something, I personally do not take it as fact. Nothing personal JMHO. :twocents:

And of course, everyone is allowed to disagree. It is an open forum. There are a number of things that may play into this. For instance, Canada and US are two separate entities and the regulations governing them may differ. That could be a huge one. And more simple, as you stated, it doesn't always apply. But my intention with posting the conversation was to provide an LE perspective, because it was sorely missing in the last few days.

I still a little confused on how this 'held at gunpoint theory' would be possible FutzBucket.

Have you ever considered the possibility that CCTV cameras on the hallways would of caught all of that? Then again, did non-LE reporters ever confirm seeing CCTV cameras on the hallways? Nevertheless, just scream for help because all of the resident rooms are not 15 steps away from the elevator? Her screams for help would of been picked up on the lower floors as well, since the stairwells are open and not secluded behind a door.

The perp would have to be on Elisa's left side on the hallway to hold her up at gunpoint while being not seen by the CCTV camera inside the elevator.

Then explain to me who Elisa is talking to on the right side hallway.

Elisa Lam Video - YouTube

test2_ÔÚÏßÊÓƵ¹Û¿´_ÍÁ¶¹ÍøÊÓƵ test

the Chinese forum investigators have confirmed that there are NO CAMERAS in the hallways..

I still a little confused on how this 'held at gunpoint theory' would be possible FutzBucket.

Have you ever considered the possibility that CCTV cameras on the hallways would of caught all of that? Then again, did non-LE reporters ever confirm seeing CCTV cameras on the hallways? Nevertheless, just scream for help because all of the resident rooms are not 15 steps away from the elevator? Her screams for help would of been picked up on the lower floors as well, since the stairwells are open and not secluded behind a door.

The perp would have to be on Elisa's left side on the hallway to hold her up at gunpoint while being not seen by the CCTV camera inside the elevator.

Then explain to me who Elisa is talking to on the right side hallway.

I don't believe there are hallways cameras that catch the suspect. It's been reported in reviews that people were screaming at all hours of the day and night. Also, and I know this sounds crazy, but I don't think she screamed at all. I think she got a little loud, but I think she kept trying to reason with this man.

Yes, I believe the occupant was on her left side.

No one is on the right.

jmo, but she does look like her mental state deteriorates for whatever reason during the video. She appears to me fairly composed at the beginning, but as it goes on, she seems to lose this composure. I could almost imagine it as if a drug was kicking in.

When she flails her hand around, it does look like her head jerks back for a split second. Her hands reach around like she is trying to find something firm even though she doesn't look like she is able to process anything visually. It is very weird and of course subject to interpretation.

When she presses all the buttons the second time, it doesn't seem like it is with the same composure as the first time. Then she just walks out...Don't know that I ever see fear from her, but something seems to alter her reactions.

Hi everyone,
been reading along with y'all, trying to make some sense of this case right along with you. I'm still about 10 pages behind, but am pedalling fast to catch up. I'd like to make a comment before I forget, lol.

Several have posted about the vent in the wall. Am I understanding correctly that this vent is on the wall between the shower and toilet rooms? And if so, someone could be in either of those rooms, and spy on someone in the other room?

Someone mentioned that Elisa may have caught someone spying on her while taking a shower, perhaps she threatened to call security, which may have led to her death.

Thinking this over, am thinking that could have happened!

Could explain why she was in the hallway, without her glasses, and wearing what looks like her flip-flops. She could have grabbed her clothes and put them on in a fast hurry, went into the elevator, and pushed all those buttons in order to get the heck out of dodge. Leaving the shower room in a fast hurry could be why she didn't take any shower stuff back with her, just wanted to get out of there.

Right, that was me who had the theory that Elisa Lam could of used the shower, and somebody from the toilet room opposite of her could of stood on the toilet to spy on the ventilation panel above the wall to see the shower room

There was a yelp review reported from a poster here of a woman who said she saw a man spying on her that way when she was shaving her legs.

Originally Posted by Ruth&Montgomery View Post
Kind of an aside, but the comment on Yelp by the girl who was ogled through the vent in the shower.. you can see how the vent adjoins the washroom next door in this video that Arnold originally posted, and how, covered in soap, it would be near impossible to run outside and stand outside the washroom door waiting for the peeping tom to come out to confront him. Knowing this, if I ever stayed there, I'd take something to cover the vent when I showered!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Unge9Zja8aY

3:28 shows the shower and 4:18 shows the vent up high in washroom next door..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Unge9Zja8aY"]Stay Hotel Downtown Los Angeles CA - YouTube[/ame]

3:28 shows the shower and 4:18 shows the vent up high in washroom next door..

However, I don't think she was trying to escape somebody when she first enters the elevator on the CCTV video.

She'd be in a hurry running and pressing the buttons very deperately. Here, it shows her in a calm, relaxed and indifferate state of mood.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TjVBpyTeZM"]Elisa Lam Video - YouTube[/ame]

How can a hotel ever say it's "safe" when perps and ex-cons live there? And they go about promoting STAY (giving it the address 636 S Main St, to not connect it with the CECIL Hotel at 640 S Main St so if you do a search for SO's you may not find any...) as this hotel for young travelers and college youth when there's perps on different floors in the building. They even have open bathrooms on every floor...some perp can catch you off guard, or set up a hidden cam in one of them to record you. "Stay on Main is the hippest boutique hotel!"
promo2.jpg
<A picture from their site. CHEERS GIRLS! Don't mind the rapist on the 7th floor! He won't hurt you....

I think the owners were trying to do something good in the neighbourhood and failed. The building is just too old and big to work for what they want. I was a guest of Stay and I recall electronic pass cards for rooms, but I could be wrong. I am pretty sure I used one though. They feel safer, but I don't know the statistics. I wonder why she wasn't staying in the real Stay hotel rooms on the lower floors. I wonder how many floors are used for Stay vs. Cecil. I would get a better sense of which areas are vacant and the overall "vibe".

What I say they should have done is put this young single female in the safest possible place. Not up on the highest floors.

I am betting the killer took her somewhere near the washroom or behind it, on the 12th, 14th or 15th floors. I get the sense the back rooms are creepier than the front given that the back faces all of skid row. I think they tried to segregate the hotel guests from the long term residents so the back would be extra creepy. I feel strongly that he didn't take her far from where he grabs her because there is such a big risk in being caught he must of calculated this murder to some degree.

My translation of Chinese forum http://bbs.tianya.cn/post-free-3077181-101.shtml#ty_vip_look[VB调查]

Okay me and Brandon finally reached the roof.

Before we did this, we looked at the floor plan and saw that there are 3 fire escape stairs in this hotel. But I thought that the fire escape stairs on the front of the building as well as the middle of the building are not that worth trying, so me and Brandon decided to take the fire escape stairs at the back of the hotel (on the part of the hotel building marked C on the floorplan shown below in the photo)

http://img3.laibafile.cn/p/m/134568477.jpg

This is the reason why I chose the fire escape stairs on part C of the hotel.
On part A of the hotel, the fire escape stairs face the main street and opposite the hotel, there are several skyscrapers. On part B of the hotel, the fire escape stairs are directly facing the guest/residential rooms on part C of the hotel. Therefore it is more likely that the perpetrator and Elisa used the fire escape stairs on part C of the hotel - for privacy.

Facing the fire escape stairs on part C of the hotel is a car park and some lower buildings. No other high rise buildings facing these stairs for another good 1000 metres or so. Therefore for any crime to take place on these fire escape stairs at night, the likelihood of being seen by someone is very minimal.

This is a video we took when we were up on the roof : [ame="http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/E1bidKZeFeY/"]¶¥Â¥_ÔÚÏßÊÓƵ¹Û¿´_ÍÁ¶¹ÍøÊÓƵ ¶¥Â¥[/ame]

As can be seen on our video :

1. Going up to the roof is not a difficult accomplishment. You just need the guts to do it. Because the ladder that leads to the roof from the fire escape stairs is completely vertical, those who are afraid of heights or are timid would probably not dare to attempt climbing it.

2. In regards to the graffiti, we can see several areas on the roof which have graffiti on them. We can thus surmise that quite a few people have climbed up to the roof. As regards to the rumours surfaced on the internet about claims that Elisa's death was some cult/satanic murder, we think the likelihood is quite low. Reason being that if it was indeed cult/satanic related, then there should only be a few graffiti marks up here confined to one or two areas that all relate distinctively to this cult/satanic practice. Yet we saw a variety of different graffiti made in several different spots on the roof, which thus leads us to conclude that these graffiti were more likely the works of hotel staff, guests or residents in this hotel.

3. The loft/attic up on the roof is for elevator equipment and storage. It has 2 levels within it - upper and lower level. The upper level of this room is locked - the sound of machine humming can be heard coming from it. This is for the machinery. The lower level of the loft/attic is not locked - very dark inside with no light - there is a large ventilation pipe inside. On the floor is some black plastic bag, and some trash.

According to the video, we can glean the following information and conclusions :

1) If Elisa and the perp willingly went up to the roof in the first place, it wouldn't be difficult to dispose of her body in the tank.

2) If the perp had moved her body to the roof from downstairs, by carrying her on his back for example, it is difficult, but not impossible. After considering the possible risk of accident/mishap from carrying me on his back and attempting to transport me up to the roof from below, me and Brandon decided to abandon our initial plan to test-drive the theory that Elisa's body could have been carried up to the rooftop by the perp (wanting to dispose of her body)

3) There was really a lot of different graffiti on the rooftop, which lowers the possibility that this was in any way Satanic/cult related.

4) There is a loft/attic on the rooftop. Which makes it possible that Elisa could have been imprisoned there for a while before her death.

5) In the picture I posted earlier on :

http://img3.laibafile.cn/p/m/134563140.jpg

It can be seen that police and other personnel were standing by the door of the loft/attic. So I believe that the police have already checked round the lower unlocked level of the loft/attic.

Although both upper and lower levels of the loft/attic had their doors shut, I was able to open the door to the lower level.

http://img3.laibafile.cn/p/m/134569847.jpg

Inside here, there is a large ventilation pipe and lots of different tools.

I tried opening the door to the upper level of the loft/attic. It was locked.

Here is another video we took while on the hotel roof - its to do with the water tanks. [ame="http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/1h7_XyJLxE0/"]Ë®ÏäÌØд_ÔÚÏßÊÓƵ¹Û¿´_ÍÁ¶¹ÍøÊÓƵ Ë®ÏäÌØд[/ame]

From this video, we can glean the following information :

1) There is a ladder right beside the tank (where Elisa was found). This wooden ladder looks very old. It looks very weather-beaten, therefore it must have been left here permanently. I climbed up this ladder with ease, and upon closer inspection, it seems this ladder has never been moved from this spot. This can explain why Elisa's body was found in this particular tank - because the wooden ladder is always right next to it.

2) At the BOTTOM portion of this water tank, there is an outlet where the water flows OUT into the rest of the hotel. This water outlet does not measure any larger than one palm-width across - the diameter not more than 10 centimetres across. Police say that the likelihood of Elisa's clothing being sucked into this outlet is very minimal. If her clothes did get sucked out through this outlet, it would result in pipe blockage.

At the TOP of the water tank, there is a piped outlet where water flows INTO the tank.

As per our web friends have suggested, another way of getting to the top of this water tank is via the red ladder on the side of the loft/attic. I climbed up this ladder rather easily. It is nearly 90 degrees vertical, but with a slight incline.

http://img3.laibafile.cn/p/m/134571020.jpg

But if one tried to carry the corpse on one's back and climb this red ladder, it is more difficult. More difficult than climbing up the wooden ladder on the side of the water tank.

After coming up to the roof of the attic/loft, I noticed that the television receiver and the chimney all had some graffiti written on them.

http://img3.laibafile.cn/p/m/134571586.jpg

http://img3.laibafile.cn/p/m/134571607.jpg

After walking to the side of roof of the attic/loft, I can see the top of the water tank.

http://img3.laibafile.cn/p/m/134571624.jpg

This tank is located the closest from the side of the roof of the attic/loft.
There is a drop from here to the water tank of a maximum of 2 metres.
Its not hard to go down to the tank from here.

Also, as Brandon said to me, it would be possible to lower the body down into the water tank from the rooftop edge of the attic/loft. Because this water tank is the closest to the loft/attic. The other tanks are further away. Regardless of the fact, it is still considerably difficult to attempt such a feat.

However, one could also first climb down from the attic/loft rooftop edge onto the water tank first, before disposing of the body in the tank.

http://img3.laibafile.cn/p/m/134571648.jpg

This is the water tank next to the one Elisa was found in. It has a lid on, but the lid is not locked.

From my observation, the lids on the outer water tanks appeared to be slightly smaller in size compared to the lids on the tanks closer to the attic/loft building.

We also discovered 2 more things whilst standing on the roof of the attic/loft :

http://img3.laibafile.cn/p/m/134572602.jpg

http://img3.laibafile.cn/p/m/134572650.jpg

Yes. We found empty beer bottles on the roof of the attic/loft building. One under the chimney. The other under the dish.

My first thought : Someone had been drinking at this spot.

My second thought : Could Elisa have been to this very spot to drink too?

My third thought : Such crucial evidence might have Elisa's fingerprints on them. Why didn't the LAPD take them back for further investigation?

My fourth thought : No matter whether the police had taken all evidence back, or whether the police failed to find these 2 pieces of evidence - Why would there still be people coming up to the rooftop of the attic/loft to drink after the discovery of Elisa's body here?

My fifth thought : After such a grim discovery at the hotel, who would still wish to come up here to have a drink? Other than the murderer himself?!

My above thoughts are not comforting and throw up lots of suspicion.

If the police cannot even find such crucial evidence, if the police failed to bring crucial evidence back for further tests/investigations, then what can we say about the competency of the LAPD? Are they doing their jobs properly?

If the police did not find such evidence when they were searching this place, if this evidence wasn't present at the time, then who else would still dare to come up here to have a drink, apart from the murderer himself? Coming back to where the murder had taken place in order to relive or savour the murder scene in his head all over again? If that's the case then how sick is this murderer indeed?

We are almost finished with our field report of the Cecil hotel. I have more pictures that I haven't put up, but if anyone is interested, I will supply these additional pictures to them.

Hopefully the reader would have gotten some useful bits of information from what we have shown here. Before this trip, there were lots of "ifs" and imaginary scenarios offered to us. As our investigation deepens, we will come upon different ideas and follow different leads. This is a good thing.

As for me and Brandon, we have developed our own inferences from our field work today. Let me list them below.

First of all however, let me answer a few questions from our friends online.

1) The question of Elisa's footwear / sandals.

The hotel does not provide sandals/flip flops for guests, so the sandals/flip flops she wears in the video cannot have been given to her by the hotel.

2) The M level of the building is the Mezzanine area. It is right above the Lobby. There is a canteen and a lounge. The B level is the basement. When we reached the B level we could hear sounds of hotel staff chatting and laughing. Before we went it was suggested to us that there might be a room on the 15th floor where Elisa's body was stored. We investigated the 15th floor ourselves and did not find any such suspicious room.

3) There are reports saying that Elisa's body was found with all four limbs broken. Upon investigation, I've found there were no official reports of Elisa's limbs being broken. There was only official report saying that Elisa's limbs looked abnormal, which may be a result of her body being suspended in water and subject to water currents for an extended period of time.

4) The opening at the top of the water tank where Elisa was found was not small. Me and Brandon found we could each easily fit through the opening. Perhaps a very obese person may not fit through - but otherwise, any normally-sized person (even one who is slightly plump in appearance) would probably fit through that opening easily. Even if Elisa had been murdered first before her body was disposed in the tank, it would be possible to fit her body through the tank easily.

Now that we have addressed some of our web friends' most pressing questions, we shall go into our own inferences from the field work we accomplished today.

1) How did Elisa's body end up in the tank?

a) She could have wanted to end her own life. Climbed up the wooden ladder on the side of the water tank, open the lid and jumped into the tank.

Point of suspicion : If she did commit suicide, then its very hard for her body to achieve the kind of position in which she was later found - i.e. head pointing downwards towards the tank base, feet pointing upwards towards the tank top. This is because when one tries to die by drowning, the body's instinct is to struggle to breathe, and thus the resulting body posture of a drowned person is normally head pointing upwards towards the sky, feet pointing downwards.

b) Elisa committed suicide by jumping from the top of the attic/loft roof into the water tank opening. In actuality, this is not as easily done as our web friends might imagine. The thing is, there is a distance of about not more than 2 metres from the attic/loft roof to the water tank. And the top of the water tank is not smooth/straight, and there are gaps and openings in between. For a girl to attempt to do this is extremely difficult - this is my opinion after personally inspecting the place.

c) Elisa's body was disposed of into the water tank by the perpetrator by climbing up the wooden ladder first. This is a more probable scenario. Because it's much easier to do this via going up the wooden ladder, than from the roof of the attic/loft building. It would also be easier to push the body into the tank slowly and surely by doing it this way. One man would be able to do this on his own. If it's a two man job, it'd be very easily done.

d) Elisa's body was lowered into the tank from the rooftop of the attic/loft building. This is considerably difficult. It doesn't matter if the perpetrator tries to do this by first jumping off the attic/loft building rooftop before disposing her body, or by dumping her body straight down into the tank opening from the roof of the attic/loft building. Quite impossible for one man to do this on his own. But may be possible if there were two men involved.

From the above we can surmise that :
1) It's easy to enter the water tank.
2) Even easier to climb up the water tank from the wooden ladder leaning on it.

2) How did Elisa end up on the roof of the hotel?

From our own field work today, we deduce that most people (those who are familiar with the place) would find it easy to go to the rooftop. All they need is guts to do this. Besides, from the things we saw on the roof, we can surmise that quite a number of people have gone up there before. From the graffiti, we can surmise that some people go up there on a very regular basis.

Besides, someone was drinking beer at the rooftop.

Therefore there are a few possibilities as to how Elisa ended up going to the roof :
a) She could have gone up there herself via the fire escape stairs.

b) She could have gone up there with a member of the hotel staff. The hotel staff would have the keys necessary to unlock that locked door at the top of the flight of stairs inside the hotel, and the staff member would know how to disable the alarm.

c) She could have followed someone up to the rooftop. This person she followed could have been a hotel member of staff, or a guest at the hotel (leaning towards a guest who is very familiar with the place).

d) Her dead body could have been carried by a member of the hotel staff up the hotel stairs through the alarmed security door onto the rooftop (one man would be able to do this on his own, and two men would accomplish this very easily).

e) Her dead body could have been carried by someone up the fire escape stairs onto the rooftop (it would be of considerable difficulty for one man, but not impossible. and for two men, it would be doable for sure.)

From the above info, we can surmise :

Any hotel staff or regular guest to the hotel can go up to the rooftop.

One man can commit the crime and dispose of her body on his own.
Two men (or more) can easily do this.

It is more likely for Elisa to have ended up on the rooftop via the fire escape stairs (whether she was dead or alive at the time)

It is far more likely for Elisa and her murderer to have gone up together (alive) to the rooftop via the fire escape stairs.

3) Where could Elisa have been prior to going up to the rooftop?

The CCTV footage is the last we see of Elisa's movements. From the footage we see that she exits the elevator to the left. Thus she might have :

a) Gone back to her own room via the hotel stairs by the elevator. Because the layout of the hotel is such that the stairs are "open plan" and unobscured from the guest rooms, a single girl may feel relatively daring enough to go down those stairs on her own even on a late night.

b) Gone to a room on the 14th floor. (whether she was forced to or willingly did so)

c) Gone to a room on the 15th floor. (whether she was forced to or willingly did so) From our field work today, we know that it takes a maximum of 10 seconds to get to the 15th floor from the 14th via stairs. Thus we cannot eliminate the possibility that she did go to the 15th floor.

d) Why posit a possible 13th floor? Because it isn't logical. We can already confirm she was staying on the 4th floor of the hotel. So if she wanted to go downstairs, or pretended to go downstairs, she wouldn't have gone up one floor and then took the elevator down to go downstairs.

e) She may have been on the 15th floor wanting to get into the lift. Someone on the 15th floor is trying to dissuade her or not allow her to go back to her room. She walks down to the 14th floor to take the lift. After that the person on the 15th floor comes down the stairs to the 14th floor as well to find her. This is a possibility we cannot dismiss either.

f) Since there is a maximum of 10 metres between the elevators and both flights of stairs on either side, and the floor heights are very low, going up and down the floors via stairs is a very convenient and fast method. It is very hard to deduce if the person she was seeing is living in the room on the right or the left side of the elevator on the 14th floor.

I personally measured the time it took for me to go up the stairs from where the 14th floor elevator was situated to the where the 15th floor elevator was, and then went back down to the where the 14th floor elevator was again. This did not take me more than 1 minute to accomplish.

g) Elisa could have returned to her room on the 4th floor, got killed, the murderer then transported her body to the 15th floor. Time taken to do this shouldn't have taken any more than 10 minutes. If the perpetrator is a healthy, fit and strong man, he may take as little as 4 to 5 minutes to do this. And then after that, he disposed of her body into the water tank.

I shall not be discussing Elisa's behaviour in the video here, as there has already been extensive discussion of that prior to this post, and I have already made my opinions clear regarding why she acted the way she did.

I shall end this post here. I will post more if I have any more to say. Do take your time to pore through all this information.

VB&#35843;&#26597;

LE does not always "warn", even if there's a threat out there, just saying. :twocents:

Oh I agree, I know thats not always the case, I just think in this instance its more likely that the LAPD would warn of a killer on the loose instead of not. If anything after the Dorner case they wouldn't want the bad publicity of letting another murder happen due to inaction. I think the initial leak of "no evidence of foul play" was most likely correct.

And of course, everyone is allowed to disagree. It is an open forum. There are a number of things that may play into this. For instance, Canada and US are two separate entities and the regulations governing them may differ. That could be a huge one. And more simple, as you stated, it doesn't always apply. But my intention with posting the conversation was to provide an LE perspective, because it was sorely missing in the last few days.

Good point. IIRC Interpol was also involved.

I don't believe there are hallways cameras that catch the suspect. It's been reported in reviews that people were screaming at all hours of the day and night. Also, and I know this sounds crazy, but I don't think she screamed at all. I think she got a little loud, but I think she kept trying to reason with this man.

Yes, I believe the occupant was on her left side.

No one is on the right.

Please elaborate why you think nobody is on the right side hallway. Also, please link a source to these alleged reported reviews of people screaming for hours of the day and night at the Cecil Hotel.

Why do you think Elisa shifts herself to face the right side hallway. If it was somebody on the left side hallway, she would of shifted her body to the left in order to gesture.

Why would she be gesturing to who you think is nobody in the right side hallway?

Amazing..and terrifying at the same time. But I wounder how you did find them. I was looking at this (with Cecil marked): http://imageshack.us/a/img545 All ...fenders. /4207/skrmavbild20130227kl045.png

And on this site:http://imageshack.us/a/img195/8983/skrmavbild20130227kl041.png

And further on: http://imageshack.us/a/img850/1332/skrmavbild20130226kl144.png

I just saw it posted on another forum by "smash the stack" from yesterday. He found them. I'm not sure how he does it because I also searched but only found Alvin.

http://lunaticoutpost.com/Topic-UPD...BY-CNN-IS-SEX-OFFENDER?pid=5290707#pid5290707

I think the owners were trying to do something good in the neighbourhood and failed. The building is just too old and big to work for what they want. I was a guest of Stay and I recall electronic pass cards for rooms, but I could be wrong. I am pretty sure I used one though. They feel safer, but I don't know the statistics. I wonder why she wasn't staying in the real Stay hotel rooms on the lower floors. I wonder how many floors are used for Stay vs. Cecil. I would get a better sense of which areas are vacant and the overall "vibe".

What I say they should have done is put this young single female in the safest possible place. Not up on the highest floors. I am betting the killer lived somewhere near the washroom. P.S. I get the sense the back of rooms in the building are creepier than the front given that the back faces all of skid row.

I read somewhere that the property group tried to purge all the undesirables from the building as part of their renovation, but the city council enacted a ordnance to grandfather 'residents' into these buildings. In other words, they had no where else to put these people and the city council wasn't about to throw them all on the street. I don't know if this is all the property owner's fault.

Probably need to raze this structure and start again...sorry.

I kn
Didn't EL posted somewhere about pedophiles? i think it was Tumblr...can someone verify this?

I know she posted generally about guys coming on too strong at clubs, which somehow how translated to "Mexican stalkers".

What I say they should have done is put this young single female in the safest possible place. Not up on the highest floors. I am betting the killer lived somewhere near the washroom. I get the sense the back rooms are creepier than the front given that the back faces all of skid row.

I don't think it's been confirmed where her room was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member