Soccer Game ... No really, "the" Soccer Game

So there isn't a way to verify that Raven actually did play soccer that night and what time the game started and what time it got over? It's hard to figure anything else out unless we know if he played or not and if he did what time the game started and ended. LE must be having a difficult time finding any evidence or they would have arrested him by now. If we could just find out for fact about the darn game then we would know if he has a solid alibi or not.
We would need to know how long it would take him to drive home from the game..if he went to one.

I've always wondered if he didn't kill Janet but I am uncomfortable even thinking that when I don't know if he actually played soccer that night and the timeline if he did. I don't feel like I know enough to focus on anyone.

Bobbisangel said:
LE must be having a difficult time finding any evidence or they would have arrested him by now.

Just my personal opinion Bobbi, I believe they have all the evidence that they need that Raven is the murderer. What I believe they were lacking is evidence of premeditation. I don't think they want a repeat of the Peterson East trial and are taking their time ensuring every detail is solid before he is arrested.

It has been verified that he played soccer that night but the timing is a little less certain.

Bobbisangel said:
So there isn't a way to verify that Raven actually did play soccer that night and what time the game started and what time it got over? It's hard to figure anything else out unless we know if he played or not and if he did what time the game started and ended. LE must be having a difficult time finding any evidence or they would have arrested him by now. If we could just find out for fact about the darn game then we would know if he has a solid alibi or not.
We would need to know how long it would take him to drive home from the game..if he went to one.

I've always wondered if he didn't kill Janet but I am uncomfortable even thinking that when I don't know if he actually played soccer that night and the timeline if he did. I don't feel like I know enough to focus on anyone.
He has told LE that he was home at 10:30ish and we now have the autopsy report saying TOD is 10:55 pm. I'm not seeing now that his soccer alibi is helping him in the least??

Ok, so in light on the new LE press info, we have a few new bits of information regarding the infamous soccer game.

The WRAL article references that Raven left Ferrand "around 830pm" to go play indoor soccer in Morrisville. (Morrisville is a small town, SE of Durham, near the airport, and before Cary and ultimately Raleigh.)

I found a reference to one place in Morrisville that offers indoor soccer, the Carolina Sportsplex:

http://www.carolinasportsplex.com/

Informationally, I also checked Mapquest for info on distances and routes between Ferrand and the Carolina Sportsplex (3717 Davis Dr., Morrisville) - a pretty easy and direct route, as it's mostly highway driving.

It appears that the distance is about 20.71 miles, with an approx. driving time of 30 minutes.

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?go=1&do=nw&rmm=1&2si=navt&un=m&2gi=0&cl=EN&ct=NA&2da=-1.000000&2rc=L1AAA&rsres=1&1y=US&1ffi=&1l=&1g=&1pl=&1v=&1n=&1pn=&1a=2606+FERRAND+DR&1c=DURHAM&1s=NC&1z=27705-1738&panelbtn=1&2y=US&2ffi=&2l=jG76fGy9dXM%253d&2g=q8fuhJsMfSE%253d&2pl=&2v=ADDRESS&2n=WAKE+COUNTY&2pn=&2a=3717+DAVIS+DR&2c=MORRISVILLE&2s=NC&2z=27560-8847

I'm sure there's much to dig into here, but I wanted to get this info on here quickly.

What we do know - IF Raven left Ferrand at 830pm, then if he drove directly to Morrisville, he arrived around 900pm. We always HEARD that he arrived home around 1030pm that evening, and extrapolating backwards, that would imply he left Morrisville around 1000pm, thus having played soccer for one hour....and, this assumes too that he drove straight home from soccer.... IF in fact he made any stops, either coming or going, the actual soccer playing time could be less, or, his arrival time home could be something different as well.... Just some randoms thoughts at this point anyway....

You read my mind, SES. Soccer for an hour. And we have some stories of him stopping off to get that Gatorade either to or from? That's not a whole lot of soccer. Seems like he might have spent more time driving that night than playing. To drive an hour for less than an hour's worth of play ... what was so important about fitting that partial game in that night?

SouthEastSleuth said:
Ok, so in light on the new LE press info, we have a few new bits of information regarding the infamous soccer game.

The WRAL article references that Raven left Ferrand "around 830pm" to go play indoor soccer in Morrisville. (Morrisville is a small town, SE of Durham, near the airport, and before Cary and ultimately Raleigh.)

I found a reference to one place in Morrisville that offers indoor soccer, the Carolina Sportsplex:

http://www.carolinasportsplex.com/

Informationally, I also checked Mapquest for info on distances and routes between Ferrand and the Carolina Sportsplex (3717 Davis Dr., Morrisville) - a pretty easy and direct route, as it's mostly highway driving.

It appears that the distance is about 20.71 miles, with an approx. driving time of 30 minutes.

What we do know - IF Raven left Ferrand at 830pm, then if he drove directly to Morrisville, he arrived around 900pm. We always HEARD that he arrived home around 1030pm that evening, and extrapolating backwards, that would imply he left Morrisville around 1000pm, thus having played soccer for one hour....and, this assumes too that he drove straight home from soccer.... IF in fact he made any stops, either coming or going, the actual soccer playing time could be less, or, his arrival time home could be something different as well.... Just some randoms thoughts at this point anyway....
This is good info SES and sorry I just noticed it.

raven leaves home at 8:30
raven arrives at soccer at 9:00
raven plays soccer until 10 or 10:15
raven arrives home at 10:30 or 10:45
raven calls 911 at 10:58 pm

Janet's injury is at 10:50 and TOD is stated to be 10:55 pm

Couple questions here. How can raven get home at 10:30 or 10:45, kill his wife and hide the murder weapon (so that PD can't find it) and get home to call 911 at 10:58 pm? I wish LE would put out the times that the Durango was on the road. I'm sure they checked with people at the soccer field. When was the last time anybody saw him there? If raven showed up but left at 9:30 and was home by 10:00, he'd have plenty of time. However, if the last person saw him there at 10:25 and he didn't arrive home until 10:50, there is no way.
I noticed in the autopsy report that the View of the Body was done at 11:00 am on the 28th at the morgue and that a ME was called on the 27th (no time listed). WHY wasn't a ME called on the 26th? Obviously the first officers on the scene would know this was a murder. I don't understand why a ME wasn't on the scene immediately?? Am I not understanding something here?

ewwwinteresting said:

Couple questions here. How can raven get home at 10:30 or 10:45, kill his wife and hide the murder weapon (so that PD can't find it) and get home to call 911 at 10:58 pm? I wish LE would put out the times that the Durango was on the road. I'm sure they checked with people at the soccer field. When was the last time anybody saw him there? If raven showed up but left at 9:30 and was home by 10:00, he'd have plenty of time. However, if the last person saw him there at 10:25 and he didn't arrive home until 10:50, there is no way.
I noticed in the autopsy report that the View of the Body was done at 11:00 am on the 28th at the morgue and that a ME was called on the 27th (no time listed). WHY wasn't a ME called on the 26th? Obviously the first officers on the scene would know this was a murder. I don't understand why a ME wasn't on the scene immediately?? Am I not understanding something here?
Maybe they were called right after midnight...so it would be the 27th. Let's hope that a whole day didn't pass without a ME called!!!

snapple said:
Maybe they were called right after midnight...so it would be the 27th. Let's hope that a whole day didn't pass without a ME called!!!
I think this is a good assumption snapple - remember, 911 call was at 1058pm, so by the time LE responded, crime scene techs were called, I would think it was sometime, for sure, on the 27th that the ME was notified... You'll also notice on the ME report that the ME "view of body" was 1100am on the 28th. What we don't know, I don't think, is what time the body was removed from Ferrand Drive. I checked the regulations for the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner for NC, and according to their various protocols, the timing doesn't seem out of the ordinary.

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3.[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A death will be reported to a medical examiner by any person who has knowledge of the death or who finds the dead body. Usually this will be a law enforcement agency, rescue squad, State Highway Patrol, funeral home, emergency room or private physician. The medical examiner should make a rapid initial evaluation of the reported death to ascertain whether he/she should assume jurisdiction over the case. The medical examiner should tell the reporting party promptly what to do with the dead body. The body should not be removed from the scene of death until the medical examiner has authorized the removal. If an ME plans to go to the scene to view the body this should be made clear to the notifying agents and the ME should respond promptly. Law enforcement officials may authorize removal in emergency situations. [/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The ME should make arrangements with law enforcement agencies, funeral homes, and hospitals in the area to facilitate the prompt disposition of the dead body. The medical examiner may direct that a body be removed from the scene to a more convenient repository for detailed examination at a more convenient time. Most cases will not require the medical examiner's presence at the scene of the death, and the law does not require a scene visit. The ME should make a special effort, if at all possible, to visit the scene of all homicide deaths, and to such other scenes of death as may contribute to a better understanding of the case. If the medical examiner does not visit the scene, the information about the scene, how the body was found, etc., must be obtained from law enforcement, EMS personnel or others having such direct knowledge.
[/font]

http://www.ocme.unc.edu/rules/guidelines.shtml

ewwwinteresting said:

First, the timing of the game - we've also heard rumors of Raven leaving the game early, Raven stopping for a drink, etc. So if we start subtracting all of the rumors from that hour, how much time could have been left? It starts to make it seem like the travel time was longer than the time that Raven was actually at the game. In that case, it almost makes it seem as if soccer that night was just for an alibi.

Secondly, the murder in a tight time frame - I saw a story on Court TV a while back about a man that had murdered a woman and hid the weapon under a floor board in the house before LE arrived. LE searched the house for HOURS and never did find it. So while certain scenarios might seem unlikely, perhaps even highly unlikely, almost nothing is impossible. I still firmly believe that Raven could have hidden a weapon effectively if he had chosen to do so - even in a very tight time frame.

JerseyGirl said:
First, the timing of the game - we've also heard rumors of Raven leaving the game early, Raven stopping for a drink, etc. So if we start subtracting all of the rumors from that hour, how much time could have been left? It starts to make it seem like the travel time was longer than the time that Raven was actually at the game. In that case, it almost makes it seem as if soccer that night was just for an alibi.

Secondly, the murder in a tight time frame - I saw a story on Court TV a while back about a man that had murdered a woman and hid the weapon under a floor board in the house before LE arrived. LE searched the house for HOURS and never did find it. So while certain scenarios might seem unlikely, perhaps even highly unlikely, almost nothing is impossible. I still firmly believe that Raven could have hidden a weapon effectively if he had chosen to do so - even in a very tight time frame.
Wow that is very interesting. There is a family living in that house on Ferrand Dr. Wouldn't that be freaky to find something hidden there? Actually I do feel really bad for that family, but at the same time I feel bad for the landlord.

he redid the bathroom upstairs in the fall of 2004. I guess that could be a possible spot.

I'm hoping LE checked the soap in the bathroom and also checked out the sink and tub!

..i seriously don't think it would be too difficult to conceal/hide a knife that night......and dispose of it later.........but the missing laptop?

..why IS it missing? because raven didn't want janet to access it when he went to the soccer game ? because it has incriminating evidence on it that he didn't want LE to access ?

..i remember earlier that we heard that janet was text messaging a co-worker/friend that night------------from another computer ? did they also have a PC?

..the "missing laptop"----------a laptop doesn't just disappear into thin air , where could it be ?

lauriej said:
..i seriously don't think it would be too difficult to conceal/hide a knife that night......and dispose of it later.........but the missing laptop?

..why IS it missing? because raven didn't want janet to access it when he went to the soccer game ? because it has incriminating evidence on it that he didn't want LE to access ?

..i remember earlier that we heard that janet was text messaging a co-worker/friend that night------------from another computer ? did they also have a PC?

..the "missing laptop"----------a laptop doesn't just disappear into thin air , where could it be ?
Janet was not on the computer that night. Her friend sent her emails the next day when she heard that their had been an incident on Ferrand St. She tried to reach her and then drove over to the house, that's is when the news media caught up with her and she learned of the murder.

So if Janet was not on the computer that evening at all, that could mean that Raven took the laptop with him to Soccer, leaving Janet without laptop, without a vehicle, and didn't we hear a rumor that Raven had to search for a cell phone, why wasn't Janet's cell phone in a handy place or his for that matter? Why would he have needed to take the laptop with him, unless there was something on there he didn't want Janet to see, or access. Maybe Raven took the laptop with him to soccer and lost it conveniently?

(That's the ONLY thing missing from the house mind you. They had jewelry, money, items that were worth more than a laptop sitting there in the home, undisturbed.)

By 8:30 that would have been time to get Kaiden to bed (and we know Kaiden was in bed when Raven got home.) What did she do then? This is the time, that I would have sat down to read my emails and send my emails, if she wasn't on the computer what was she doing?

Hot USED laptops are not a high commodity item.

BirdHunter said:
Wow that is very interesting. There is a family living in that house on Ferrand Dr. Wouldn't that be freaky to find something hidden there?
And that's what happened in this story ... whomever lived in the house many years later found the weapon while remodeling. :eek:

terminatrixator said:
I'm hoping LE checked the soap in the bathroom and also checked out the sink and tub!
There was a swabbing taken from a bathroom floor so it sounds as if they did check that room. How thoroughly I don't know. Hoping it included the drains.

terminatrixator said:
So if Janet was not on the computer that evening at all, that could mean that Raven took the laptop with him to Soccer, leaving Janet without laptop, without a vehicle, and didn't we hear a rumor that Raven had to search for a cell phone, why wasn't Janet's cell phone in a handy place or his for that matter? Why would he have needed to take the laptop with him, unless there was something on there he didn't want Janet to see, or access. Maybe Raven took the laptop with him to soccer and lost it conveniently?

(That's the ONLY thing missing from the house mind you. They had jewelry, money, items that were worth more than a laptop sitting there in the home, undisturbed.)

By 8:30 that would have been time to get Kaiden to bed (and we know Kaiden was in bed when Raven got home.) What did she do then? This is the time, that I would have sat down to read my emails and send my emails, if she wasn't on the computer what was she doing?

Hot USED laptops are not a high commodity item.
I am of the belief that the laptop was gone before the murder. I am also leaning towards the belief that Kaiden was in bed before the hometeacher(s) arrived. As for what Janet was doing, we know she probably didn't shower because she was found wearing shoes and even earrings. So maybe she was doing laundry, reading, paying bills ...

Or maybe she watching Martha Stewart teach how to make Merengue, or bake gingerbread cookies, or getting ready to take the dog on a walk or curling her hair or mopping the floor.

Did Raven ever come and say WHAT Janet was doing WHEN HE LEFT? (shades of Scott Peterson)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cricketcms
Back