WA - Unidentified Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
wannabesleuthkk said:
Goodday all,
i'm back on my facial recognition kick.
came across this.
OOD, right up your alley.
I've gotta go to BooksaMill to pick up JCO book (lyle stevik) and i'll check on this one for sure. I'm gonna be reading You must remember this" while away.
After I hunt snook that is.

check it out.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0262692287/facialexpress-20

kk
I was gonna go to the library and pick up JCO's book but I never got to go to the library

wannabesleuthkk said:
I did the CGI reconstruction and have thought he looked
Egyptian (mixed with American Indian) from the start. How did you
find that picture?

He's got a cleft in his chin.
He's got hazel eyes.
He's got attached earlobes.
He's got full cheeks.
He's got dark wavy hair.
He's got fair skin.
He's got wide set eyes.
He's got sparse facial hair.

From looking at the autopsy pics, it looked like Lyle's hair wasn't
completely straight, but actually wavy. Native Americans tend to
have completly straight hair, from what I've seen. Correct?

CCM, was Lyle's hair actually straight? What do you think about
these Egyptian simularities?

Davidmm

i just thought of you David. I'll tell you why in a minute with a post and a link, to tell you what i'm up to.

I used altavista, i think, and "googled" Egyptian men.
This guy was on a site for Egyptian men wanting to meet American women.
i put Scandi's name on there. Scandi, you should be hearing from him soon.
It also gave me alot of smut. That lit scandi's eyes up.

so try that.
i also looked for Omar Sharrif, no match but he's still nice to look at.
kk

don't believe a word of it scandi

Here's what i like to read for fun...
kidding
I'm off on a tangent trying to find downloadable stuff for facial recongition programs. Reading all about who does it, and for how much.
I downloaded a program called Landmark to see what it's about. It's elementary really, not what i'm looking for.
My Heritage.com has got a neat public program online to upload face shots and it scans for matches in its database. I put in my son's. However, the database is of celebrities only. It said my son looked like Jeanne Tierney.
My mother looked just like Tierney when young. Still, that's not what i'm looking for. Trying to find on toward geneology to compare to database of submitted family trees (w/photos) to match a possible surname or region of the country. Praytell, do you know anything of this area of work or can you recommend someone who might???
http://itb1.biologie.hu-berlin.de/~wiskott/Projects/Topography.html

I want to use this technology on a pic of Lyle's face. I also want to use it, if possible to recreate an image for our other pet project that you're invited to join. Elma Woods, Grays Harbor WA.

back to photos..
I found in searching for just images, i always like to use the word 'stock'
It focuses the search to good quality images on file by pro photogs.
I did this for Elma also looking at SE Asian faces. Stupid me didn't think before i "googled" asian women. YUK
any input, please
kk

:D You absolutely and totally crack me up! LOL And not till May ;)

I did notice that white women have bigger eyesockets and nose opening!~ Baa Haa Haa Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Scandi

Eeeeek! LOL Actually you have a real knack at finding great sites Wannabe.

I've got to get to work - darn! - but that Egyptian guy is really very close to Lyle in so many respects. The one main difference is the weight I think, and I haven't seen this E guy's profile. Lyle's profile makes me want to put a feather in his crown and pull a long imaginary braid up over his shoulder to let hang on his chest.

Amazing hairline, eh?

Scandi

scandi said:
Eeeeek! LOL Actually you have a real knack at finding great sites Wannabe.
... that Egyptian guy is really very close to Lyle in so many respects. The one main difference is the weight I think, and I haven't seen this E guy's profile. ...

Amazing hairline, eh?

Scandi
I'm sure that site doesnt have a profile for him. It's just a random Egyptian guy.
Which, I'm sure, like America, has a ton of outside influences.
Still, there seem to be several significant simularities.

davidmm

CCM, was Lyle's hair actually straight?
I think Lyle's hair was straight (I think it said that on another website with Lyle's profile) but I will try and find the source for you if I think it might be the right one

mr. ccm, check this link and see if you think their database is included in or vice versa, the CODIS system.
Remember we thot it'd be nice to check for military records on Lyle by his prints? this could be a way to check their DNA database.
Possiblilty?
kk

EFX - what's your knowledge base on the craniofacial identification methods?

http://www.afip.org/Departments/oafme/dna/afrssir/

remember i use the term 'google' as a generic for searching from any engine,
metacrawler, whatever. Any box that says enter keyword here, i google it.

I also googled arab-american men. lots more choices. but i haven't been back on that yet today. remember to search with 'stock' in there for better results.

i think that egyptian did have a profile tho, let me go see.
kk

efxdavid CCM said:
I recall his hair was straight and combed back. I felt he had some European or perhaps mid Eastern features. He is sort of an everyman.

Here is a research paper on a method of comparing/determining nearest common ancestors through comparing markers in the Y chromosome. It's not too complicated and it would be neat if we had the ability to test Lyle's sample and compare to databases that have Native American lineage. I know it sounds like a stretch but i'm still trying to find some technology to ID him. Some of these databases give region of origin too.
http://www.pnas.org/cgi/content/abstract/97/13/7360

OOD - remember my movie pitch? this is so weird, i just popped in a movie i've been wanting to see. Its almost identical to my idea. I've never seen this movie ever! Happy Accidents w/ Marissa Tomei and Vincent D'Onofrio.
Decent movie to rent i suppose. just eerie!!
kk

:D Gardenmom, or maybe a Premium Custom Human Skull Case to go along with it! LOL :eek:

I think the reason at the beginning of the first thread on Lyle's case, was that he much resembled Mohammed Attah, who slammed a jet into the WTC I think, well, the leader. Attah was very slender, though not tall, but gave the same appearance with his dark hair, eyebrows and overall look. It was Egyptian, as he was an Egyptian. right?

I know after 30 years CCM you have developed instincts, and I need to remember to appreciate what you say. Probably 95% of the time you are right on - hey, much higher than that I think, as you only left the Dept with 3 unidentified deaths. I think the European to Middle East influence in his heritage, giving him the countenance of an 'Everyman' is right up there for an A. The Egyptian influence leads away from the Nordic Europeans towards the Eastern influences of the birth of civilization. Combine that with the strong American Indian influence, and he matches up perfectly IMHO.

Now I just have to take your instincts to heart about Elma and her killer being a couple! Working on it!

Scandi

if , hypothetically, we were to take a look at Lyle's mtDNA (mitochondrial), we would have a great chance of nailing down his tribal roots as the Native north Americans are apparently some of the easier genetics to map. if you took a quick refresher course in Haplogroups among genetic variations you'd understand what I mean a lot better. but suffice it to say geneticists have narrowed the native american variations down to 5 major haplogroups.
ABCD & X. For instance one tidbit that's conclusive is that people whose mtDNA harbors the Haplogroup X seem to be restricted to northern Amerindians like the Ojibwa, Sioux, and Yakima. THis haplogroup is also among the original founders of Native American populations. They've got it nailed down to 4 main maternal lineages. This may not be the long shot i originally thot. But i still wanna keep on with the other haplogroups and see how much of those have been narrowed down, so to speak.
http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/cg...0.1086/302155&erFrom=2806905414285665965Guest
so, it may be an alternative to the Y chrome database searches as well.
something to think about while i'm away.
kk

Reading all this stuff about the Native Americans is quite fun seeing as I'm not learning about it right now in school

outofthedark said:
Reading all this stuff about the Native Americans is quite fun seeing as I'm not learning about it right now in school
Totally off topic, but what is your major? I am an English major with Speech Pathology minor, but Speech Path is my field, and I will get a masters in that, eventually. :dance:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa