NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was watching several older news videos tonight and in one where they were discussing Brewer, I could have sworn they said he was a former financial advisor but more recently a local musician. Has anyone else heard/read that? (the musician part)

I was watching several older news videos tonight and in one where they were discussing Brewer, I could have sworn they said he was a former financial advisor but more recently a local musician. Has anyone else heard/read that? (the musician part)

Gus Coletti may be a musician. I don't know what he did for a living, however. And I haven't verified that the musician of that name is the same guy.

That is the first I have heard about any sort of musician!!! Can't provide links, but I recall JB being associated with "real estate", and "financial advising".... but certainly not a musician. I think someone must have been googling the name, and hit one a musician with the same name or something. You learn quick to "Trust But Verify"......

That is the first I have heard about any sort of musician!!! Can't provide links, but I recall JB being associated with "real estate", and "financial advising".... but certainly not a musician. I think someone must have been googling the name, and hit one a musician with the same name or something. You learn quick to "Trust But Verify"......

I know the media is so untrustworthy....it's hard to decipher what's accurate & what's not.

Yes, the link was in the Crimelibrary. This is something I missed or didn't pick up on the significance of at the time.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/26/nyregion/26bodies.html?_r=2

interesting that Brewer's mother's home is mid-way between Massapequa and Hauppauge.

West Islip to Hauppauge 12.3 miles

West Islip to Massapequa 11.4 miles

I wonder if law enforcement have checked the computers at his mom's home?

Okay, who here is a whiz at doing property searches? I need some help. Shoot me a pm please.

With no new news lately, I am wondering if we aren't beginning to over-think, over analyze the facts we do know until the facts are becoming obscured.

notepad thoughts:

seems there has been a little confusion as to the facts about doc. me too!
i had seen s-one who graduated canada 1979; s-one graduated ny 1985.
doc's father 93 years old. doc 55 year old. son c. 20 years old?
=> doc graduated canada aged 23 or ny aged 29. maybe doc did degree in canada & postgrad or similar in ny?
when boards mention working with charlie **** in the hospital and leaving employment there in 1979 - does this definitely refer to the father and not the son? was it the father who graduated canada 1979 aged c. 60 ?! (not likely). do we know if doc IS involved in rehab - i.e. in treating people (not receiving treatment).
anyone got the definitive version?

i found the wife supporting the doc during an interview convincing enough. seems like people say something like this should set off alarm bells in those close to the guilty party. didn't seem to be any such problems with wife? (unlike alleged ex's postings somewhere else re another person involved in case)

there was some discussion earlier about shannan being the only one taking a driver to the john's house - but it may have been that the john sent a driver to get shannan (from LI train station it seems); that the driver was working for the john and not (so much) for shannan ? - if this was the case it would also have been a departure from usual precautions/protocol for shannan that night i'm guessing - and might explain somewhat her subsequent behaviour. one report mentioned recently in thread suggested jb and mp were in car together looking for shannon.

the former financial advisor description could tie in with activities outlined by peterf's (unsubstantiated but intriguing) postings on another site - and might be one explanation for LE's ineptitude / indifference / sluggishness / bad luck (tick as appropriate)

wondering from looking at phone records whether shannan spent sometime elsewhere (like a holiday inn), maybe with someone else, before being taken to brewers.

the owner of the recently exploding house shares his name with someone convicted of cocaine dealing & assault in NJ early 2000s. probably just coincidence. though in my mind LI has become gangster capital of the world already.

oh i'm not sure what CVS stands for?

re: time it takes to call pharmacy etc. are calls rounded up or down - would a 1:45 call be logged as 1min or 2min?

I've never read anything about her being picked up at a train station.

The house that exploded was owned by a real estate company.

Consumer Value Stores

phone calls are rounded up. the phone company isn't giving anyone anything for free.LOL

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNfYy_zY5w0[/ame]

have any of you researched Pak's possible links to Atlantic City, NJ?

There are several people with that last name residing there.

Indeed I did MrsPc. If the age we were given via the link ways back is correct none of those MP's are this same guy. believe me I tried to link him to AC. I even tried to link him to Georgia.

Again if the age is right that specific MP only comes up in a bunch of places in New York.

Someone who sells yachts.

:crazy::crazy:Thanks Grump. Me and my edumication I wasn't certain.

In regards to the phone number from CVS possibly being a misdial I think I can at least post how I came upon it being a yacht broker. Probably not a connection, but hey.

I took the last number in the CVS number and minused that 1 number. That made it a (1). All I did was google it and checked pipl. Bam I got a hit and an addy. I checked the addy and came upon a sailmiami.com. Brokers. The name comes up and initials being SYS Inc. Only spelled out.

Now when you go there they give a different phone number, but dang if that original misdialed number at that ** Sylvia Road addy.

Man, I can make things so confusing. Oh however I did check names related to that business and nothing jumped up and hit me as being connected.

Here is Shannon's missing person thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122841&highlight=Shannon+Gilbert

I go back and forth about whether I think SG is connected.

I can see coincidence being at work here. If the killer does live or rent in Oak Beach (I still think he's a summer person, not a permanent resident), then her stumbling into him is no longer such a wild coincidence. Coincidence, yes, but he's gotta live somewhere, and people wherever that is are going to have contact with him.

The other thing is if somehow this guy is tracking vulnerable women. I haven't worked out how that could happen -- in this case he might have been listening to the police scanners, or just attracted to the lights and fuss. If the women are traveling by LIRR, maybe he works for or travels on the railroad and has picked them out well ahead of time.

If the killer is a summer person, he'll be back in business soon.

The residents are going to do their annual cleanup of the beaches soon. I wonder if Mr. S.K. will be working alongside of them? Out of curiosity; or because of an insane wish to find some remains of his victims???

I will buy anyone here a drink who can tell me anything about that Oak Beach Assn. address given as a business listing for PH. Don't bother trying a property tax search, you'll get nada. You can try that address number + Oak Beach Rd. and you'll get a google earth view of a house, but try any other search and I bet you'll get the same thing I get...nada. You tell me...where the hell IS this place?

This has been driving me nuts for over a week now. I'd love to give up ,but.... no.

Any one think this could be the work of a group? Religious and ritualistic practices. The occult maybe?

[...]

Here he touches on the possibility of a group of killers. Are there any wierd cult like groups in the area?
Group of people? Quite possibly. To wit.

Three families were allegedly contacted. The first involves the calls to Melissa's sister in the summer of 2009. These calls have been confirmed. ( link ) The second involves an alleged call to Shannan's mother from an individual who identifies themselves as a doctor. While Dormer claims this has been "pretty much debunked" ( link @ approx 1.20 ), it is still up for various interpretations. The third involves a series of alleged attempts to reach Megan's mother from someone claiming to be with SCPD. SCPD apparently denies the calls. ( link ) Since the calls to Megan's mother went to her work place as opposed to her home, we could pretty much rule out an obnoxiously offensive prank. Now, while there is some skepticism wrt the latter two allegations, for argument's sake, let's assume the aforementioned calls occurred as reported. Within this "assumed" context, what would such tell us? Most notably, the calls are differentiated, one from another: taunting, helpful, and threatening, respectfully. Importantly, these differences raise the possibility that we're looking at different callers.

As for ritualistic and/or related to a cult? Very doubtful, imo.

I will buy anyone here a drink who can tell me anything about that Oak Beach Assn. address given as a business listing for PH. Don't bother trying a property tax search, you'll get nada. You can try that address number + Oak Beach Rd. and you'll get a google earth view of a house, but try any other search and I bet you'll get the same thing I get...nada. You tell me...where the hell IS this place?

This has been driving me nuts for over a week now. I'd love to give up ,but.... no.

Riddle me this, Kat. The addy on the website is 42** Oak Beach, Oak Beach, New York. So say I wanted to donate some plants or give a donation in person that would be the physical addy.

Now the esteemed PH has his business listing at 44** Oak Beach Assn., Oak Beach, New York.

Sorry if I missed it, but they are two different places. What, they got more than one flippin Civic Association up in there?

With no new news lately, I am wondering if we aren't beginning to over-think, over analyze the facts we do know until the facts are becoming obscured.

Do we even have a good timeline yet, with msm links to back up the facts? I think that would go a long way toward keeping us from veering off track. I've been working on putting a timeline together for my own reference, but it's piecemeal at the moment, and definitely not forum ready. But I'd be willing to work with someone to do this, if there isn't one already posted somewhere.

Just a thought.

Riddle me this, Kat. The addy on the website is 42** Oak Beach, Oak Beach, New York. So say I wanted to donate some plants or give a donation in person that would be the physical addy.

Now the esteemed PH has his business listing at 44** Oak Beach Assn., Oak Beach, New York.

Sorry if I missed it, but they are two different places. What, they got more than one flippin Civic Association up in there?

Beats me. Near as I can tell 44** Oak Beach Assn. is a mythical place inhabited by faeries and unicorns. ;)

This is a very interesting site: http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...&gl=us&client=firefox-a&source=www.google.com
Scroll down 2/3 of the page to this history of Oak Beach...
"1894 – The largest lease granted was to Oak Beach Association, when Reverend John Dietrich Long, Pastor of the Presbyterian Church of Babylon obtained a 50 year lease from the Town of Babylon for land on the eastern end of Oak Island for a religious retreat and cultural center. The Reverend Lon built a Community Center large enough to seat an audience of 1,000 people – "it stands on a high table of land and has spacious verandas on three sides’.

1895 – The Grand opening was to be celebrated on July 4th. There was scheduled to be a clam bake, a patriotic concert and fireworks. However, the day arrived with torrential rains. That, the mosquitoes, and other social problems soon soured Reverend Long’s dream of a religious camp and he abandoned the project after the first year. While the Association proved a failure as a religious retreat it was a success as a residential colony and induced people to build more expensive homes.

1896 – The Oak Island Beach Association was granted its original lease by Babylon Town Board on March 7, 1896. The lease was for nine years – rent of $100 as year plus $5.00 rent per year for each house with the understanding that a minimum of 20 houses would be constructed before the lease expired. The lease also stated that rent would be paid on all property regardless of whether a house was built. This is still in effect today.

Information gathered by,

Dave Sanders

Licensed Sales Associate

Netter Real Estate,

404 Montauk Hwy

West Islip, New York 11795"

631-661-5100

Note: the July 4th reference and the original tract being issued to a church.

I decided to Google Map the Real Estate Group listed in the "History of Barrier Islands..." article and then the CVS. Here is the google result:
Showing results for cvs west islip ny. Search instead for cvs west islep ny
Search Results

CVS/pharmacyCVS/pharmacy
Place page
460 Montauk Highway
West Islip, NY 11795
(631) 422-1912
Bus: Babylon LIRR Station

So, the CVS is near the bus station!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online