Kat

Kind words do not cost much
Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case File 2475DFOH

Yvonne Regler
Missing since August 8, 1977 from Fairview Park, Ohio
Classification: Endangered Missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: July 11, 1960
Age at Time of Disappearance: 17 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'10"; 135 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Light brown hair.
Clothing: A yellow T-shirt, and cut-off blue jeans.
Dentals: Available.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
Yvonne Regler left her home on August 8, 1977, and went to her job pumping gas at a Lorain Road gas station. She was working alone at the station at the time.
At 1:30, another attendant arrived to work. Yvonne was gone. Her purse, cigarettes and lunch were found untouched in the office. There was a small amount of money in the purse. Nothing in the office was disturbed. Police quickly discounted the theory she might have run away from home. As she had never ran away before and there was no hint of family troubles.
Yvonne had worked for the company for about one and a half years at another Sunoco station in North Olmsted. She transferred to the Fairview Park station the day of her disappearance, to fill in for employees on vacation.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Fairview Park Police Department
Det. Mark Gleba
440-356-4422
Email

Agency Case Number: 77-6320

NCIC Number: M-036950947
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/reglar_yvonne.html

Yvonne can not be found listed in NamUs at this time.

Yvonne has been missing 33 years as of today.

Attachments

• reglar_yvonne.jpg
    reglar_yvonne.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 130
35 year anniversary is approaching. This case remains unsolved.

-------------------------------------------
Yvonne Regler
Missing since August 8, 1977 from Fairview Park, Ohio
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: July 11, 1960
Age at Time of Disappearance: 17 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'10"; 135 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Light brown hair. Blue eyes.
Clothing: A yellow T-shirt, and cutoff blue jeans.
Dentals: Available.

Circumstances of Disappearance

Yvonne Regler left her home on August 8, 1977, and went to her job pumping gas at a Lorain Road gas station. She was working alone at the station at the time.

At 1:30, another attendant arrived to work. Yvonne was gone. Her purse, cigarettes and lunch were found untouched in the office. There was a small amount of money in the purse.

Nothing in the office was disturbed. Police quickly discounted the theory she might have run away from home. As she had never ran away before and there was no hint of family troubles.

Yvonne had worked for the company for about one and a half years at another Sunoco station in North Olmsted. She transferred to the Fairview Park station the day of her disappearance, to fill in for employees on vacation.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Fairview Park Police Department
Det. Mark Gleba
440-356-4422
Email: FPDetective@fairviewpark.org

Agency Case Number: 77-6320

NCIC Number: M-036950947

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:

NamUs
The Chronicle Telegram
The Doe Network: Case File 2475DFOH

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2475dfoh.html

Richard, I am new here and not sure how everything is done. I live less than a mile from where Yvonne Reglar was abducted and I'm very familiar with the area. Anyhow, I noticed on NamUs that Adams County Oh is listed as the location of the city of Fairview Park. This is incorrect: Fairview Park is in Cuyahoga County; it is an inner ring suburb of Cleveland. I'd like to correct this error, but would I contact NamUs directly, or notify the police? Thank you:)

Richard, I am new here and not sure how everything is done. I live less than a mile from where Yvonne Reglar was abducted and I'm very familiar with the area. Anyhow, I noticed on NamUs that Adams County Oh is listed as the location of the city of Fairview Park. This is incorrect: Fairview Park is in Cuyahoga County; it is an inner ring suburb of Cleveland. I'd like to correct this error, but would I contact NamUs directly, or notify the police? Thank you:)

Welcome to Websleuths. I have sometimes seen errors on various websites as well. On those occasions I send an e-mail to the site coordinator and explain what I think is an error. I recently saw where Doenet had a Massachucetts case listed under Mississippi in their index. They corrected it.

This girl was 17 years old. Who thought it was a good idea to let her work a gas station alone or any woman for that manner? Was this 1:30 at night or the afternoon?

This girl was 17 years old. Who thought it was a good idea to let her work a gas station alone or any woman for that manner? Was this 1:30 at night or the afternoon?

Because in the 1970's, 17-year-olds were considered to be, and mostly treated as, adults. I don't know whether the world was less dangerous, or we were just less afraid of it, but there's nothing at all unusual about her situation.

Having grown up in a different time, that is hard for me to fathom. Still, why was she working at a gas station? Was she not in school? I wonder if her family is still alive.

Having grown up in a different time, that is hard for me to fathom. Still, why was she working at a gas station? Was she not in school? I wonder if her family is still alive.

School was not in session when Yvonne was abducted (Monday, August 8, 1977). She was abducted a little while before her lunch break. Fairview Park is a fairly prestigious suburb to this day: violent crime was the last thing people expected in this neighborhood. The gas station is located on Lorain Rd., a heavily trafficked main artery running through Fairview Park's business district.

Having graduated from high school myself in 1970 at the age of 17, I am not surprised that Yvonne was working at a gas station: many girls would have considered it a really cool summer job at that time--we were just starting to get jobs previously available to guys only. Hope this helps!

School was not in session when Yvonne was abducted (Monday, August 8, 1977). She was abducted a little while before her lunch break. Fairview Park is a fairly prestigious suburb to this day: violent crime was the last thing people expected in this neighborhood. The gas station is located on Lorain Rd., a heavily trafficked main artery running through Fairview Park's business district.

Having graduated from high school myself in 1970 at the age of 17, I am not surprised that Yvonne was working at a gas station: many girls would have considered it a really cool summer job at that time--we were just starting to get jobs previously available to guys only. Hope this helps!

Yeah, exactly. I graduated in 1971 at 17. Working at a gas station would have been one of the best-paying jobs around my area, even for a permanent job.

If you do a people search on the name Reglar, it brings up only 5 in the US. None in Ohio. What's interesting is that on 3 of them they also go by the last name Reger.

Thanks for schooling me, guys. Like I said, it is hard for me to fathom what it was like in the 70s and how trusting everyone seemed. So re the last name Reglar-is it possible Yvonne has no living family?

Thanks for schooling me, guys. Like I said, it is hard for me to fathom what it was like in the 70s and how trusting everyone seemed. So re the last name Reglar-is it possible Yvonne has no living family?

It's possible. Though if she had sisters, aunts, etc. they'd probably have different names, and her mother's family certainly would.

It's kind of odd -- objectively speaking, things are much much safer now. And yet people are more and more suspicious and afraid.

You have a good point re things being safer now-people are right to be cautious. I wonder if there were many news articles on Yvonne or if there was a big search for her.

The recent story about the missing girls in Cleveland Ohio made me google my Aunt and I found this thread. Yes, Yvonne, still has living family. He father was deceased before she went missing. Her mother (my grandmother) died 1/2012. My mother (her older 1/2 sister) is still living as well as her older 1/2 brother. Her stepfather and younger 1/2 sister are also still living.

There are no Reglars around to my knowledge. My grandmother changed names when she remarried.

Leslalia:

Do you have any better photos of Yvonne? The one publicly available photo is quite blurry.

Also, do you know what high school she went to? I tried to find her photo in the local high school yearbooks, and couldn't find anything.

Leslalia:

Do you have any better photos of Yvonne? The one publicly available photo is quite blurry.

Also, do you know what high school she went to? I tried to find her photo in the local high school yearbooks, and couldn't find anything.

My mom should.

I believe she went to N Olmstead HS. That is where my mom graduated from three yrs prior.

Classmates has the North Olmsted 1976 and 1975 yearbooks. Based on her age, she should have been in the Class of 78, and would probably be in 10th grade in 1976.

I see a male named "Regler" and a girl named "Riegler" with the 11th graders in the 1976 book. But no Yvonne Reglar in any of the grades 10th-12th.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back