OH OH - Yvonne Regler, 17, Fairview Park, 8 Aug 1977

Very hard to say where an individual like Lucas may have been in that July 7, 1977 to August 8, 1977 time frame. There seems no reasoning as to how such predators choose to travel.

The information about the teeth of the body found in Riverside County, California matching to those of Yvonne is quite interesting. However, you wonder about how would Yvonne (or her body) have gotten there from suburban Cleveland even if the discovery was over four years after she disappeared.

Yes, it would be a long-shot. But it's not unheard of for drifter-criminals to kidnap someone in the midst of a crime spree and to transport that person far away.

At some point, Henry Lee Lucas ran away with his niece and traveled all over with her. Therefore, he was not above moving throughout the country with women. I am of the mind not to rule too much out ever because every case is so different.

:seeya: Guys, you can't post photos of pay-per-view news articles. And any articles you do post must have a link.

:tyou:

Rising Sun Maryland is a hop skip and jump from where I grew up. THat's crazy that he was there for a bit.

Update - Can you help?

http://www.wkyc.com/story/news/local/ohio/2014/07/10/missing-woman/12489593/

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/reglar_yvonne.html

Her name is actually spelled "Regler". It is sometimes misspelled with an "a".

And I confirmed with my mother today - Regler is the proper spelling of their last name. My mom says the newspaper frequently misspells it Reglar.

That was already verified by a family member.

This is true but the WKYC appeal with artists impression is from two days ago.

I see that, but what's that got do do with Yvonne Regler? The only mention of Yvonne is in the comments, there's a charley project link with her name misspelled in the URL, but spelled correctly in the actual Charley Project page.

I see that, but what's that got do do with Yvonne Regler? The only mention of Yvonne is in the comments, there's a charley project link with her name misspelled in the URL, but spelled correctly in the actual Charley Project page.

Fair enough. The reason that I again mentioned the spelling was for the reason you mention. Also it is misspelled elsewhere and thought that it should be highlighted once again. With the release of the artists impression and police believing that the person is from Ohio and loosely fits the time frame I thought that it might be relative. This is inspired by a friend of mine who posted this information on her Facebook page two days ago. She was a close friend and schoolmate of Yvonne until she disappeared.

It was 1:30 am. I grew up about a block from the station. It was a very safe neighborhood, and I used to walk around at night without fear. It was such an awful shock when this happened, and the Cleveland metro Park system was directly across the street from both my house and the station. I remember my mom and I watching the police search the area, especially the hill leading to the park. Over the years I have wondered about her, and if she was ever found. Very sorry to hear she was not.

Carl; I'll get you a photo of the Sunoco outfit from back then; just have to photoshop me out of them lol

I was a classmate and fellow paper carrier as kids, its very sad that she has been missing for so many years with no trace. I really feel for the family, not knowing all these years, she was a full of life, friendly kid who had an easy smile and liked to laugh.

Some of the things I recall
It was 1:30 am..
It was 13:30 in the afternoon, one of the reasons the complete disappearance seemed so unusual at the time, "broad daylight".

She indeed was in North Olmsted class of '79 and brother Dan was a couple/few years younger.

She normally worked at Otto's Lorain and Claugue Sunoco on the Northeast corner of the intersection of Lorain Rd (rt 10) and Clague Road, in North Olmsted, Ohio. The owner, Otto J., also owned the station in the 18900 block of Lorain Road, in Fairview Park, which would explain why she covered for another employee that day.

She was a responsible and hard working kid when we both had newspaper routes in junior high, and later when she was an employee at the Sunoco station, having stayed at a job (at her age) for 18 months, through a couple Ohio winters. It is not surprising to me that she was trusted to work the other station alone during a summer day. I would imagine the fact that she left all her stuff and the station wide open, are reasons Fairview Park police believed she did not go voluntarily, very out of character for the responsible 17 year old that she was.

The last time I saw her, probably spring '77 in the front of North Olmsted Senior High, she mentioned that she was waiting for a boyfriend who was older than her, and not a NOHS student, to pick her up with his motorcycle. I seem to either recall her suggesting, or perhaps have wondered since, if the boyfriend was OK'd by the family given her description of him. I do not recall seeing her leave, or who picked her up, or if that person is in any way relevant to her disappearance. I always assumed this boyfriend's identity would have been known to the family or the detectives investigating the case, and therefore ruled out decades ago, although I can't recall reading any accounts about a boyfriend.

I think many of us hoped she had run away and would turn up some day, but nearly 38 years later now, it's very sad to realize the family still waits, with no new information.

Hmm, a biker boyfriend. This puts a different color on things. Given the fact that biker gangs during this time period were extremely dangerous-there were bikers in Pennsylvania responsible for the killing of many girls-this makes me wonder and not in a good way. Were there motorcycle gangs in the area. I doubt her family knew of this biker guy.

I just happened to remember that gas stations in Ohio prior to 1975 had full serve pumps where the gas station attendants pumped the gasoline into your vehicle.

And I remember that it wasn’t until after 1975 that self serve pumps appeared at gas stations in Ohio where you pumped the gasoline into your vehicle yourself.

Here are my questions concerning the service station in Fairview Park that Yvonne Regler disappeared from on Monday August 8, 1977.

Were all of the pumps at that gas station full serve pumps or did it have both full and self serve pumps?

Did that gas station have a garage and an auto repair mechanic at that location?

Was the gas station located at an intersection that had a traffic light?

And if it was located at an intersection that had a traffic light, were there other gas stations located across from each other at that same intersection?

Were there any news stories and photos of the gas station published in the Cleveland area newspapers immediately after Yvonne Regler’s disappearance on August 8, 1977?

You have a good point re things being safer now-people are right to be cautious. I wonder if there were many news articles on Yvonne or if there was a big search for her.
I can't think of the young womans name , but her case is on the investigation channel "discovery" and the show is called "disappeared" Anyway, same circumstances happened to a 20 yr old, single mother at a gas station in Michigan. At 11 pm this young woman was getting ready for the shift change when she disappeared. Left behind were her keys, her car, purse and money. There was no cameras shockingly! But, her blood was found in the back of the building and witnesses decribed a silver van shutting its back hatch then shutting it a second time. This occured at the time in question at 11 pm. Yes, there's more survalence and its harder to get away with a crime such as this but its still just so unsafe these days! Some people will stop at nothing if they want to hurt someone else.

Did someone ever submit Yvonne as a potential match for Riverside County JD? I see where it was mentioned. I ask because I had submitted a different case as a possible match for RCJD, however, RCJD only had fingerprints available, no dental or DNA. I asked the case worker at NamUs what they do in cases like this when the same identifiers aren't available between an MP and a UP. He said they'd have to wait for an exhumation but if the funds aren't there to do that, they remain unidentified, which is really sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back