OH OH - Yvonne Regler, 17, Fairview Park, 8 Aug 1977

This happened in 77-I doubt castro was operational then. he would have been a kid.

I just came across information on a missing female from North Olmsted that is not entered in any of the missing persons sites-her name is Betty J. Burton and she has been missing since 1986. I actually became privy to the information when I mistakenly talked about Yvonne and thought her case was out of North Olmsted instead of Fairview Park. Interesting that Yvonne normally worked at the North Olmsted location and had just switched to Fairview Park! I will be trying to get some more info on the case and see about getting her entered in one of the databases--in light of the recent discovery of our miracle girls found safe, I think it so sad that poor Michelle Knight wasn't entered on any of the MP sites that would have allowed others to know her story and be looking for her!!

I just came across information on a missing female from North Olmsted that is not entered in any of the missing persons sites-her name is Betty J. Burton and she has been missing since 1986. I actually became privy to the information when I mistakenly talked about Yvonne and thought her case was out of North Olmsted instead of Fairview Park. Interesting that Yvonne normally worked at the North Olmsted location and had just switched to Fairview Park! I will be trying to get some more info on the case and see about getting her entered in one of the databases--in light of the recent discovery of our miracle girls found safe, I think it so sad that poor Michelle Knight wasn't entered on any of the MP sites that would have allowed others to know her story and be looking for her!!

How old was she? I see a lot of Betty J Burtons in Ohio, but none in North Olmsted.

How far is it from where Yvonne disappeared on Lorain Road to where Michelle Knight, Amanda Berry, and Gina DeJesus disappeared?

Hi Nerosleuth:

On Google maps, I get 4.7 miles from the Complete Auto Service station (present identity of the Sunoco building Yvonne was abducted from) to the Burger King at 110th St and Lorain where Amanda Berry was abducted. I don't think these events were related though. Too much time in between.

Also, Yvonne lived in North Olmsted and normally worked at the Sunoco there (at Lorain and Clague Rd, even now). The border between Fairview Park and North Olmsted, along Lorain, is at about W. 231st St, just before the Clague Rd intersection.

I have always felt that a key fact in her disappearance is that she had been called to work at the Fairview location the very day she was abducted: they needed her because someone was on vacation and they were short-handed. I believe that someone, an acquaintance or even a coworker, knew that Yvonne would be at that gas station alone that day and took advantage of it. Unlike the North Olmsted station, the Fairview Station is set back a bit from the road, and is at a diagonal to it. So it would be easier to abduct a person without being noticed.

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&...z=19&iwloc=lyrftr:unknown,1001320671014718133,,

In my reply above, I was trying to include a map of Lorain Rd and the street view of the building where Yvonne was abducted as it appears today. I'll try again, here, and if it doesn't work, perhaps someone more adept at this could help?
Here is the short url to paste into your browser:

http://goo.gl/maps/Y9JiE

Yes, deirdre that worked. I can try and get to the North Olmsted library this weekend and see if they have other yearbooks and try to get a better picture of Yvonne.

Shamrock, where did you find info about Betty Burton? There is a Betty Burton listed in the Elyria paper on May 1, 1977, and I couldn't actually find the name on the page (the print is tiny) but it looked like a page of sports results. I was hoping it would say what school that Betty went to, I'm guessing NOHS, but to know for sure.

Leslalia:

Do you have any better photos of Yvonne? The one publicly available photo is quite blurry.

Also, do you know what high school she went to? I tried to find her photo in the local high school yearbooks, and couldn't find anything.

This is a picture from my mom's wedding in '75 of Yvonne

Attachments

• Wedding Oct 1975.pdf
    493.5 KB · Views: 165
I have two other old yellowing photos

Attachments

• May 77.pdf
    14.8 KB · Views: 65
  • From hallway.pdf
    47.3 KB · Views: 77
Classmates has the North Olmsted 1976 and 1975 yearbooks. Based on her age, she should have been in the Class of 78, and would probably be in 10th grade in 1976.

I see a male named "Regler" and a girl named "Riegler" with the 11th graders in the 1976 book. But no Yvonne Reglar in any of the grades 10th-12th.

The male - if it is Danny or Donny, that would be her brother

This is a picture from my mom's wedding in '75 of Yvonne

I have two other old yellowing photos

Thanks for the photos. I cleaned up the second photo, removing the background, fixing the color as best as I could, and doing some sharpening of the lines.

I will pass them on to Meaghan at Charley Project, so that she can include them in Yvonne's casefile.

attachment.php
attachment.php

ETA: That's interesting - It looks like a couple of her teeth on her upper right side were smaller than normal. It appears that perhaps she had retained her baby teeth.

Attachments

• Yvonne Reglar 001.jpg
    Yvonne Reglar 001.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 326
  • Yvonne Reglar 002c.jpg
    Yvonne Reglar 002c.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 304
Yes, deirdre that worked. I can try and get to the North Olmsted library this weekend and see if they have other yearbooks and try to get a better picture of Yvonne.

Shamrock, where did you find info about Betty Burton? There is a Betty Burton listed in the Elyria paper on May 1, 1977, and I couldn't actually find the name on the page (the print is tiny) but it looked like a page of sports results. I was hoping it would say what school that Betty went to, I'm guessing NOHS, but to know for sure.

I am training a dispatcher who works PT for North Olmsted PD and she found out the name--she is going to speak to their detective bureau and see what she can find out! All I have is name and year missing at this point!

great photo work! thanks! It was nice to see that there are people that are thinking about our family

I did a little more fine tuning, and added a nature backdrop.

YvonneReglar002c-1.jpg

ETA: And using her facial features from the two photos, I did a little restoration of the photo that is on all of the MP sites.

fe47127a-5af1-4cc5-80f7-696b1379c597.jpg

Classmates has the North Olmsted 1976 and 1975 yearbooks. Based on her age, she should have been in the Class of 78, and would probably be in 10th grade in 1976.

I see a male named "Regler" and a girl named "Riegler" with the 11th graders in the 1976 book. But no Yvonne Reglar in any of the grades 10th-12th.

And I confirmed with my mother today - Regler is the proper spelling of their last name. My mom says the newspaper frequently misspells it Reglar.

I was looking closely at Yvonne's teeth in the wedding photo, and saw that she had very unusual dentition. To clarify how her teeth looked, I took the photo into a Photo-Paint app and I outlined each individual tooth. (above is the unaltered zoom-in of her smile, and below is the enhanced version.)

attachment.php
ce393067-39b1-4097-b709-089804a86c01.jpg

I do this because the skeletal remains of a tall (estimated at 5'8") white female (age 17-21) were found buried in a shallow grave in Riverside County California.

711UFCA.jpg

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/711ufca.html
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/7138

The remains were thought to have been possibly linked to serial killer Henry Lee Lucas.

220px-Henry_Lee_Lucas.jpg

Lucas, and his partner Otis Toole were active throughout the U.S. in the late 1970's and early 1980's, and was possibly linked to other incidents including the 1979 kidnapping and murder of store clerk Cheryl Ann Scherer.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/scherer_cheryl.html .

Lucas admitted to kidnapping and murdering a store clerk around that time, but denied that it was Cheryl. Cheryl's body also was never located.

The interesting thing about this Jane Doe with respect to Yvonne is that the Jane Doe is described as having pegged-shaped incisors #7 and #10.

UP7138 - Dental Comments
#7"peg" latertal anatomical shape
#10 "peg" lateral anantomical shape
#29 rotated 90 degrees to distal

This very closely corresponds to the appearance of Yvonne's teeth.

Lucas left his wife in Port Deposit MD on July 7, 1977.

His whereabouts between then and 1979 are unknown, but he returned to Maryland in February 1979. He was in Rising Sun MD in February 1979.

He traveled all over the United States between his discharge from prison in August 1975 and his arrest in Texas in 1983.

Very hard to say where an individual like Lucas may have been in that July 7, 1977 to August 8, 1977 time frame. There seems no reasoning as to how such predators choose to travel.

The information about the teeth of the body found in Riverside County, California matching to those of Yvonne is quite interesting. However, you wonder about how would Yvonne (or her body) have gotten there from suburban Cleveland even if the discovery was over four years after she disappeared.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back