OH OH - Yvonne Regler, 17, Fairview Park, 8 Aug 1977

So is the new evidence the DNA provided by the family?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paul Orlousky of Channel 19 was just reporting from Fairview Park PD about Yvonne Reglar. FPPD is making an appeal to the public for information about the case. They do have several persons of interest according to Orlousky. What they don't have is a body so they are hoping public tips will lead them to that outcome. 440-333-1234 is the number he gave for anyone who has information related to the disappearance of Yvonne Reglar. Her family still needs answers.

So is the new evidence the DNA provided by the family?

I don't know. I'm so annoyed by only hearing bits and pieces. I'm looking for a new article. I believe her sister donated DNA in 2014 in case remains were found. I had heard they had some kind of DNA evidence but I'm not sure if its referring to that. They have never stopped working her case but the DNA sample made them really go back and work harder. They have 4 theories and a few suspects, I heard family has not been "cleared" because that was a rumor going around. They have a great time line due to tips wher people who purchased gas called in. Hopefully an article will go online while I'm typing lol

Yes, my live stream went dark with no audio a few times.

Paul Orlousky of Channel 19 was just reporting from Fairview Park PD about Yvonne Reglar. FPPD is making an appeal to the public for information about the case. They do have several persons of interest according to Orlousky. What they don't have is a body so they are hoping public tips will lead them to that outcome. 440-333-1234 is the number he gave for anyone who has information related to the disappearance of Yvonne Reglar. Her family still needs answers.

I'm not really seeing anything detailing the presser, there are only a few bits and pieces of it. Hopefully someone will find an article after the evening news because I'm still not seeing anything.

PHOTO: Age progression photo released of 17-year-old Yvonne Regler - By Paul Orlousky - Posted Monday, August 8th 2016, 8:48 am EDT - Updated Monday, August 8th 2016, 12:07 pm EDT

Paul Orlousky Twitter @PaulOrlousky
Fairview Park Police say they have persons of interest in 1977 disappearance of Yvonne Regler. @cleveland19news
11:50 AM - 8 Aug 2016

Short videos - Video 1
video 2 - Persons of interest identified in 1977 disappearance of Yvonne Regler says family wanted to donate DNA in 2014

Original link who had presser Fairview Park police say new information uncovered in Yvonne Regler's case, missing for 39 years - Went missing at the age of 17 - By Faith Boone Posted 1:42 PM, Aug 5, 2016 - Updated 2 hours ago

Police said they recently interviewed over 20 family members, friends, witnesses and persons of interest in the case. They also reviewed all available case files and evidence regarding Regler's disappearance.

Authorities said new information that may lead to answers regarding what happened to Regler on Aug. 8, 1977 was uncovered. However, officials said, though they have some answers, the case still needs to be brought to a close.

Police have persons of interest in case of teen missing 39 years - Posted 11:33 am, August 8, 2016, by Darcie Loreno, Updated at 02:29pm, August 8, 2016
In 2014, Fairview Park police were contacted by a member of Yvonne's family, who offered to give DNA to the National Center of Missing and Exploited Children.

At that point, police began reviewing the case file. A decision was made to interview all surviving witnesses as well as surviving family members. Police say that through this new look, a "couple of persons of interest developed." They said family members have not been excluded, and no evidence has been found of involvement in her disappearance.

here's the best level of detail on the development today, from cleveland.com

'Person of interest' identified in Fairview Park missing girl case from 1977
by Cory Schaffer http://connect.cleveland.com/staff/cshaffersun/posts.html

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/inde...nterest_identified.html#incart_river_home_pop

PARK, Ohio -- Police here have identified a person of interest in the 1977 disappearance of 17-year-old Yvonne Regler from a Lorain Road gas station.

After two years of re-examing the cold case file and conducting interviews, detectives may have identified the person responsible for the girl's disappearance and hope to spur new tips from the public, Fairview Park Police Lt. Paul Shepard said Monday.

Police released the information, as well as a timeline of the day of Yvonne's disappearance and an age-enhanced photograph of what she could like like today, on the 39th anniversary of her disappearance.

Police believe Yvonne was abducted, but do not know if she is alive or dead, Shepard said.

The person of interest, whom police are declining to identify, is known to law enforcement and has been tied to similar crimes in the past, Shepard said.

"What a person does in their lifetime also draws attention," Shepard said.

Yvonne worked at a Sunoco in North Olmsted, but was transferred to the full-service Sunoco on Lorain Road near West 192nd Street in Fairview Park for the day. She called family and friends from the gas station that morning, saying she had planned to go to the wake of a friend's relative and meet up with some friends.

She was on the phone with one of her friends at 12:30 p.m. when a car drove up to the pump, drove away, then came back, police said.

Another customer bought gas at 1:25 p.m. and paid with a credit card. Yvonne initialed the receipt.

Sometime between 1:30 p.m. and 2:05 p.m., three people said they went to the gas station and there was no worker there. The door was unlocked and someone's purse was sitting behind the counter, but none of the people thought anything of it and didn't call police, Shepard said.

Yvonne left behind her purse, cigarettes and a book. There was no sign of a struggle and no money was missing from the register.

Investigators believe that a man abducted Yvonne while she was pumping his gas, Shepard said.

Fairview Park police pursued more than 100 tips in the case but never could track down Yvonne.

But the case got new attention in 2014, when a member of Yvonne's family offered to give a DNA sample to the National Center of Missing and Exploited Children, so detectives had a sample to compare if they found Yvonne's remains, Shepard said.

Detectives decided to go back and interview all surviving witnesses, including coworkers and customers of the gas station, and Yvonne's friends and family members. During the investigation, police identified the man as the person of interest.

Police said they have not ruled out any of Yvonne's family members, but said Monday that they have found no evidence to suggest her family was involved in her disappearance.

Shepard declined to elaborate on what evidence led them to the man.

Fairview Park police urge anyone with information about the case to call them at 440-333-1234.

here's the best level of detail on the development today, from cleveland.com

'Person of interest' identified in Fairview Park missing girl case from 1977
by Cory Schaffer
http://www.cleveland.com/metro/inde...nterest_identified.html#incart_river_home_pop

After two years of re-examing the cold case file and conducting interviews, detectives may have identified the person responsible for the girl's disappearance and hope to spur new tips from the public, Fairview Park Police Lt. Paul Shepard said Monday.

Police believe Yvonne was abducted, but do not know if she is alive or dead, Shepard said.

The person of interest, whom police are declining to identify, is known to law enforcement and has been tied to similar crimes in the past, Shepard said.

Yvonne worked at a Sunoco in North Olmsted, but was transferred to the full-service Sunoco on Lorain Road near West 192nd Street in Fairview Park for the day. She called family and friends from the gas station that morning, saying she had planned to go to the wake of a friend's relative and meet up with some friends.

She was on the phone with one of her friends at 12:30 p.m. when a car drove up to the pump, drove away, then came back, police said.

Another customer bought gas at 1:25 p.m. and paid with a credit card. Yvonne initialed the receipt.

Sometime between 1:30 p.m. and 2:05 p.m., three people said they went to the gas station and there was no worker there. The door was unlocked and someone's purse was sitting behind the counter, but none of the people thought anything of it and didn't call police, Shepard said.

Has to be the best one I've seen yet. I do wonder if she told the friend what kind of car and color it was that pulled in, out and back. I would have.

Has to be the best one I've seen yet. I do wonder if she told the friend what kind of car and color it was that pulled in, out and back. I would have.

I would have mentioned it to whomever I was talking as an aside kind of thing because I'm easily distracted. I probably would have said something like, That's weird, a red station (or orange VW bus, green pickup, depending on what it was) just drove in and out, then came back. Wonder what that's about.
I wouldn't have mentioned make and model because I was never good at being able to look at a car in passing and say Oh, that's a Chevy Malibu or a Ford Fairmount. Working at a gas station, Yvonne was probably better at identifying cars than I was at that age, so perhaps she did.

I'm really surprised that whatever happened occurred within what appears to be a 5 minute time span, based on the last transaction she processed and when the next customer came in and she was gone (1:25 to 1:30). Am I reading that correctly?

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/inde...t_identified.html#incart_river_home_popstates states this (BBM):
http://fox8.com/2016/08/08/police-to-discuss-cases-of-fairview-park-teen-missing-since-1977/ states this:
At around 1 p.m., Reglar’s relief arrived at the gas station and could not find her

Anyone know which is right? If her relief showed up at 1 pm and she wasn't there, how was she able to initial a receipt 25 minutes later, or is one of the articles wrong about the timing?

I would have mentioned it to whomever I was talking as an aside kind of thing because I'm easily distracted. I probably would have said something like, That's weird, a red station (or orange VW bus, green pickup, depending on what it was) just drove in and out, then came back. Wonder what that's about.
I wouldn't have mentioned make and model because I was never good at being able to look at a car in passing and say Oh, that's a Chevy Malibu or a Ford Fairmount. Working at a gas station, Yvonne was probably better at identifying cars than I was at that age, so perhaps she did.

I'm really surprised that whatever happened occurred within what appears to be a 5 minute time span, based on the last transaction she processed and when the next customer came in and she was gone (1:25 to 1:30). Am I reading that correctly?

I used to pump gas back then too, she would have known cars make and model back then because the cars were so different looking unlike today. Back in 77 we were getting all sorts of neat cars coming in, in addition to 70's cars, we had cars from the 50's and 60's along with the muscle cars, lots of VW's (bug and vans).

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/inde...t_identified.html#incart_river_home_popstates states this (BBM):
http://fox8.com/2016/08/08/police-to-discuss-cases-of-fairview-park-teen-missing-since-1977/ states this:
At around 1 p.m., Reglar’s relief arrived at the gas station and could not find her
Anyone know which is right? If her relief showed up at 1 pm and she wasn't there, how was she able to initial a receipt 25 minutes later, or is one of the articles wrong about the timing?

I believe the relief person came in at 2, not 1. It was in the presser yesterday and was what I was able to catch.

Just wanted to point put that there seem to be a lot of young women who disappeared in the late seventies from gas stations. 1977 came up in a lot that I have seen. But they are geographically scattered.

It would be an interesting project for someone to map all of these incidents, perhaps colour coded or something to indicate the period of the individual disappearances to give a sense of a timeline. Who knows? Some sort of meaningful pattern might emerge.

Any in NJ?

Presser right now - Watch the livestream at 11:30 a.m. in the media player

Or you can watch it via the player in the article. Both players keep going out on me. I believe he said they have some sort of DNA evidence

I went to their FB page where they have a post for Yvonne to ask if they're going to put the presser online. The original article has a new title which is so misleading if you don't watch the video.

Fairview Park police say there's a chance missing woman of 39 years is still alive - Went missing at the age of 17 - By Faith Boone - Posted 1:42 PM, Aug 5, 2016 - Updated 6:01 PM, Aug 8, 2016

I wonder if she had access to the safe. Surely she'd have taken the safe $$$ if she had plans to split?

I wonder if she had access to the safe. Surely she'd have taken the safe $$$ if she had plans to split?

According to news reports, there was still money in the cash register when they discovered she was missing, so probably no. She was a typical middle class high school kid from nearby North Olmsted. I lived there from 1979 thru 1982. It was a very nice, middle class area. One of the news reports states her mother kept her room the same for many years afterwards, obviously they're still grieving.

I keep wondering about the fact that no one knew she would be there alone except her employers and fellow employees, along with her friends. It was just a one-time thing, filling in for someone who was absent. Perhaps the suspects had friends who worked at the other Sunoco location. It's a good thing LE re-interviewed everyone and found POI's as a result. Then again, it could have been a chance opportunity for the perp.

This quote from LE is interesting:

It sounds as though their POI has been in trouble with the law since then.

Was the station she was abducted from a full service station with a mechanics garage type place or just one of those service plaza like places with little booths and cash registers between the pumps?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_thinking
Back