GUILTY Australia - Andrew, 45, Rose, 44, & Chantelle Rowe, 16, slain, Kapunda, 8 Nov 2010 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benny08

Reaction score
I bumped into this story on another forum last week and thought I'd bring it over here. (didn't notice one on this story)

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/8121272/kapunda-family-was-murdered-police

Three people found dead in a house north of Adelaide were murdered, police say.

The bodies of teenager Chantelle Rowe, 16, and her parents Andrew and Rose were found in their home on Harriet Street in Kapunda at about 11am (CDT) yesterday.

At first police were unsure whether it was a murder-suicide, but they have now confirmed all three were murdered sometime between Sunday night and early Monday morning.

THE victims in the Kapunda triple murder were stabbed to death and police say their killer may have also been injured in the frenzied attack.

The bodies of Andrew and Rose Rowe and 16-year-old Chantelle Rowe were found on Monday at their rented Harriet Street home in the town, about 80 kilometres north of Adelaide.

Major Crime Investigation Branch boss, Detective Superintendent Grant Moyle, confirmed all three victims suffered multiple stab wounds.

http://www.news.com.au/national/man...er/story-e6frfkvr-1225950509305#ixzz14rlxM5EW

A NEIGHBOUR of the family murdered in the South Australian town of Kapunda heard screams and a woman pleading for help but did not call police.

"A woman said three times 'Help! Help!' She sounded desperate to get away from someone," the man said.

"I heard a loud bang and then after that - about 5 or 6 seconds after - I heard a bloke yelling and screaming."

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national/pol...ey/story-e6frfkvr-1225952489870#ixzz158jZ5V8q

It seems something may have been up at just after noon on Sunday. Why would someone not go to work after only being on the job for a week?

Well, she was a teenager and this may have been her first job, but it still seems out of character for most.

JMHO
fran

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...da-triple-murder/story-e6frea8c-1225952952751

Text message narrows time frame of Kapunda triple murder

CHANTELLE Rowe messaged her boss to say she wouldn't make it to work the next day, only hours before she and her parents were killed in their home in Kapunda, South Australia.

The SMS to the manager of Nuriootpa's De Vine Cafe, where Chantelle, 16, had worked for only a week, was sent at 12.09pm on Sunday.

............................snip.........................................

"I am a bit surprised the police have not come to see me," Ms Clarridge said yesterday.

"She only worked here a week, but she was in contact with me."

The owner of a Kapunda security firm - which has patrolled the town for 16 years - also revealed he had not been contacted by police, despite being one of only a few people with reason to be touring the town in the early hours of any morning.

The security guard attended an alarm at Kapunda Primary School about 10pm Sunday.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<full article and videos at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...ds-triple-murder/story-e6frea83-1225952883721

Mystery surrounds triple murder

Teenagers told The Advertiser members of a group known as Barossa's Most Wanted - BMW - had recently gone to Kapunda to pick fights at hotels and crash parties.

They claim members of this gang crashed a party at Kapunda on October 16 armed with baseball bats and weights bars.

It has been suggested Chantelle was having trouble with some Barossa youth, and that may have escalated in her first week of working in a Nuriootpa cafe. A search through rubbish at the Clare dump yesterday led residents of that town to question the whereabouts of a young man who had recently moved to the area from Whyalla, where the Rowe family once lived.

The man, acquaintances say, has not been seen nor answered his phone this week.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

THE victims in the Kapunda triple murder fought with their killer before being incapacitated by their injuries, police have revealed.

Post mortem results show Andrew, Rose and Chantelle Rowe all suffered defensive wounds that were inflicted as they tried to fend off repeated blows by their knife-wielding attacker.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/rowe-...-frenzied-attack/story-e6frea6u-1225953170080

Still NO MOTIVE can be found for this horrendous attack and unfortunately NO NEW LEADS. :furious:

This story really reminds me of Alec Kreider attack.

He killed two adults and a classmate by sneaking in and stabbing them in the night. He got away with it too but a week or so later confessed to his Dad and his Dad turned him in.

So I'm thinking possibly a classmate of Chantelle maybe? Or I think in one of the articles it mentions her new job and maybe some run in there? Chantelle was def the main target.

Also could be a random thrill killing or a burglary gone bad?

From the link above http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/rowe-...-frenzied-attack/story-e6frea6u-1225953170080

Initial investigations so far indicate there was only one offender, with a trail of bloody footprints from the front door and along the dirt footpath in Harriet St pointing to just one person leaving the house. It was unknown if the person left the street on foot or in a vehicle.

"There is no clear motive at this point. Nothing stands out,"

Investigations have confirmed Andrew and Rose returned to their rented Harriet St home at 9am Sunday

Chantelle was at home after having several friends visit Saturday evening, during which nothing unusual occurred.

the trio had a roast dinner at home on Sunday night.

they were attacked around 1am Monday when a neighbour heard a male and a woman screaming

each member of the family in different areas of the house."

offender would have had a large amount of blood both on their shoes and clothing, and also believe it is highly likely they may have been injured

This story really reminds me of Alec Kreider attack.

He killed two adults and a classmate by sneaking in and stabbing them in the night. He got away with it too but a week or so later confessed to his Dad and his Dad turned him in.

So I'm thinking possibly a classmate of Chantelle maybe? Or I think in one of the articles it mentions her new job and maybe some run in there? Chantelle was def the main target.

I tend to agree with this as the most likely situation, but it may not be a classmate but someone she met even only once. That person has become obsessed with her and then found out she had a boyfriend ?

Or it maybe someone who tried to come on to her and she rebuffed his moves?

To my mind it is someone experiences intense rage/fury but can still think fairly straight, someone who obviously had enough strength to deal with 3 people or was under the influence of drugs that gave them that strength.

As the girl seems to have suffered the most and been the brunt of the attack I think it is less likely to be a random killing.

Just some thoughts to ponder.

DNA may be key to Kapunda murders

Detectives investigating the murders of three family members in South Australia, are considering DNA testing the whole community of Kapunda, north of Adelaide.

http://www.skynews.com.au/topstories/article.aspx?id=539297&vId=

Heck yeah! I say go for it. I think it is someone who lives near the house. Also, I'm guessing the killer visited the tribute site and possibly left one as well.

resizer.aspx

Picture of the three released by police.

That neighbor that heard screams is saying he saw four guys with shaved heads get into a silver Mitsubishi Magna outside his home which had left not too long after he had returned home from work on Sunday evening.

"I didn't think much of it at the time but this is a quiet street and, given what’s happened, maybe there's something in it."

Hmm. Hopefully he's not just coming up with this info now.

resizer.aspx

Picture of the three released by police.

That neighbor that heard screams is saying he saw four guys with shaved heads get into a silver Mitsubishi Magna outside his home which had left not too long after he had returned home from work on Sunday evening.

"I didn't think much of it at the time but this is a quiet street and, given what’s happened, maybe there's something in it."

Hmm. Hopefully he's not just coming up with this info now.

This I find curious: it is a small town and a quiet street and something so out of the ordinary is ignored hmmmmmmmmmm. :banghead:

This is also the same one who heard their screams. hmmmmmmmmmm :furious:

I would be taking a very close look at this guy, there may be nothing in it but ?????????? :waitasec:

This I find curious: it is a small town and a quiet street and something so out of the ordinary is ignored hmmmmmmmmmm. :banghead:

This is also the same one who heard their screams. hmmmmmmmmmm :furious:

I would be taking a very close look at this guy, there may be nothing in it but ?????????? :waitasec:

Yeah this neighbor set off my Benny sensors as well. Even early on, when it was a few days before he mentioned the screams.

Almost like his "4 shaved heads" story is made up to try and divert attention.

Yeah this neighbor set off my Benny sensors as well. Even early on, when it was a few days before he mentioned the screams.

Almost like his "4 shaved heads" story is made up to try and divert attention.

Also as he lived next door he would know the family activities and maybe had a crush on CR?

He would also know the activities of other neighbours to pick the best time?

Also CR had a party the night before, maybe he was angry he wasn't invited?

IF I lived in that town, I would be afraid!

JMHO
fran

Yes to a degree, but I tend to think it was more directed at CR for whatever reason.

Also as it is a small town I don't think it is random and still probably safer than some city where it is more likely to be a random thing. IMO

I'm trying to think how one can murder three with a knife.. also knowing Chantelle got the most attention during the attack.

Creep up on the Dad and cut his neck.. then furiously attack the Mom..? Then go to Chantelle's room?

Or maybe quietly attack Chantelle and that gets out of hand and awakens a parent or two.. so then that murder happens?

Then escape what just happened.

The neighbor heard Mom scream and a man voice... hmm I dunno..

This is a sickening crime...reminds me of one in Santa Barbara a few years ago, when someone came into a nice home and stabbed both adults to death...the children somehow were able to hide...

It turned out to be a complete stranger meth-head...while the whole town figured that one parent or the other had to be the target, for an affair, money, etc...

This does sound as though poor Chantelle may have been the intended victim...but who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail