17-yo Teen Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not necessarily true. One of the SPD sergeants stated that his juvenile record would only show major felonies per Florida law. I need to do some digging on this and see if I can figure out the specifics.

He's wrong. The public or an employer may not be able to find anything but major felonies, but juvenile records are recoverable by governmental agencies as well as the media, if they make a specific request.

In the past, juvenile records were wiped out once the child reached the age of majority. That is no longer the case. When a person applies for certain government jobs, like law enforcement or the FBI, everything is accessible, even if sealed.

The juvenile authorities stated Trayvon did not have a juvenile record. Since he had just turned 17, we are not talking about some remote incidents of the long ago past. Any record of an arrest or a charge would be easily accessible by the juvenile authorities.

My law partner works to seal both adult and juvenile records and he defends juveniles accused of crimes, so I have some knowledge about how this works.

In two of the cases, the suspects were apprehended and something like 4/5 or 5/6 were black males. It's in the burglary reports on the Sanford website.

Do you possibly have a link to that? I can't find it lol. Thanks- :)

Interesting that the police report doesn't mention a visible GSW on Trayvon. I'd think they might notice bleeding and would document that in their comments about the black make lying face down with his hands under him.?? Any thoughts?

If you look at the top of each of those pages they say partial report. Makes me really wonder if they left things out.

And this has what to do with the murder of TM? ^i^
I was asking about it because if there were cameras that perhaps caught those suspects - then possibly those same cameras might have captured some of this incident.

Interesting that the police report doesn't mention a visible GSW on Trayvon. I'd think they might notice bleeding and would document that in their comments about the black make lying face down with his hands under him.?? Any thoughts?

The reports I have seen are just from 2 of the officers present at the scene and have "Partial Report Only" on them. In those reports they mention various other officers by name. I would assume each officer would have to write his version but assume they are just not releasing those.....but I could be wrong.

I too have listened to the tapes, and imo, the scream of help were those made by an adult who was getting beat up, knowing he could end it because he was armed, and was screaming for some one to rescue him before he had to resort to using his weapon with deadly force. I know I would scream like a baby for help before I decided to kill an attacker.

That is quite a lot to infer from what was on the tapes. An adult getting beat up, knowing he could end it, screaming for some one before he had to resort to using his weapon with deadly force. Really?:seeya:

Here's a question to ponder.

About the previous burglaries in the neighborhood. I've heard it from several people - including that guy that was on tonight that is supporting GZ - that they were committed by young black males.

Ok - how do they know this?

I've seen it said that the suspects haven't been caught - so, again - how do they know this?

Did the surveillance cameras at the clubhouse or wherever they are catch these young black males and that's how they know?

Or, did some of the victims' apartments have cameras in them and caught these suspects in the act?

I would like to know HOW they know the burglary suspects were yung black males - to me, that means someone either saw them or got them on camera.

ETA: AND if they were caught on cameras then wouldn't those cameras have also been checked to see if anything was on them concerning this major incident?

JMHO

LOL. Good question. Since those %^&& always get away per GZ.

Trayvon is going back to his Fathers girlfriends house after he bought skittles and ice tea for himself. Zimmerman is a neighborhood watch captain. Trayvon is a not a boy but not a man and is visiting in a county. George Zimmerman iws 27 years old and has gone to classes for the neighborhood watch program. the main thing that they tell you is NO GUNS AT ALL you call police...Zimmerman had different rules for him only.he saw Trayvon a stranger & black..phoned police and told them he was following someone that was suspect... police told him not to follow Trayvon as they where coming. What is now with this bit that he didn't call 911 but a non-emergency number WTH with so many break ins happening (makes no sense). Zimmerman wants to do things his way and will not listen to the rules police give him... no gun... would mean that Trayvon would be alive today and we would hear what he would have to say aboutall thats has gone on so far..............RIP TRAYVON

Just noticed they also state 2 other officers that were conducting a crime scene investigation log and that Major Crimes was being dispatched to the scene so I would say there is a lot more reports we don't have.

If I remember correctly due to the Sunshine Law we will get to see all those sooner or later. But is that only once the case is turned over to the state for prosecution?

In the case where TM was shot..what "youthful troubles"was he into? Walking with his hood up while black? ^i^

IMO none of the below happened because he wore a hoodie while black but because he was caught on camera JMO.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/26/2714778_p2/thousands-expected-at-trayvon.html

In October, a school police investigator said he saw Trayvon on the school surveillance camera in an unauthorized area “hiding and being suspicious.” Then he said he saw Trayvon mark up a door with “W.T.F” — an acronym for “what the f---.” The officer said he found Trayvon the next day and went through his book bag in search of the graffiti marker.

Instead the officer reported he found women’s jewelry and a screwdriver that he described as a “burglary tool,” according to a Miami-Dade Schools Police report obtained by The Miami Herald. Word of the incident came as the family’s lawyer acknowledged that the boy was suspended in February for getting caught with an empty bag with traces of marijuana, which he called “irrelevant” and an attempt to demonize a victim.

Trayvon’s backpack contained 12 pieces of jewelry, in addition to a watch and a large flathead screwdriver, according to the report, which described silver wedding bands and earrings with diamonds.

Trayvon was asked if the jewelry belonged to his family or a girlfriend.

“Martin replied it’s not mine. A friend gave it to me,” he responded, according to the report. Trayvon declined to name the friend.

Trayvon was not disciplined because of the discovery, but was instead suspended for graffiti, according to the report. School police impounded the jewelry and sent photos of the items to detectives at Miami-Dade police for further investigation.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/26/2714778/thousands-expected-at-trayvon.html#storylink=cpy

Just noticed they also state 2 other officers that were conducting a crime scene investigation log and that Major Crimes was being dispatched to the scene so I would say there is a lot more reports we don't have.

If I remember correctly due to the Sunshine Law we will get to see all those sooner or later. But is that only once the case is turned over to the state for prosecution?

Most likely after the state attorney decides what they're going to do. If they continue with the grand jury proceedings, it likely won't be made public until after and the case goes to trial.

In the case where TM was shot..what "youthful troubles"was he into? Walking with his hood up while black? ^i^
Notice I said if. I would consider tagging lockers at school with friends, being in possession of drugs/paraphernalia, having burglary tools and... strange jewelry on your person "troubles". I'd say that's a fairly minor characterization, actually. If these indicate anything with respect to illicit activities he may have been involved in that potentially influenced his behavior that night, then it's relevant. If not, then it's not.

You wrote the post..thought you'd know...^i^

He asked how they knew the race of those involved in the burglaries (specifically, why they were characterized as being young black males). I responded. I'm not entirely sure what's hard to grasp.

Maybe not all potheads, but remember Martin was not local. If he went out to get some pot he could have easily been sold something that was laced with something else, and he, not knowing being local, wouldn't neccesarily be told this by the sellers. Easy explanation as to why he might have attacked Zimmerman.

But, till the tox report is released, it's all speculation.

And, for the record, I don't know, or associate with pot heads, crazed or otherwise, so I would not knowwhat they love to go around doing.

As opposed to alcohol, pot stays in the blood stream for several weeks. So any test would really be meaningless to me. Besides pot rather has a non aggressive/sedating effect while alcohol quite often does the opposite.
Most kids nowadays do smoke pot occasionally anyway. It is a lot safer than alcohol. If he would have managed to buy/smoke pot at 7-11, he probably would not decked GZ but welcomed him as a long lost friend :floorlaugh:

IMO none of the below happened because he wore a hoodie while black but because he was caught on camera JMO.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/26/2714778_p2/thousands-expected-at-trayvon.html

In October, a school police investigator said he saw Trayvon on the school surveillance camera in an unauthorized area “hiding and being suspicious.” Then he said he saw Trayvon mark up a door with “W.T.F” — an acronym for “what the f---.” The officer said he found Trayvon the next day and went through his book bag in search of the graffiti marker.

Instead the officer reported he found women’s jewelry and a screwdriver that he described as a “burglary tool,” according to a Miami-Dade Schools Police report obtained by The Miami Herald. Word of the incident came as the family’s lawyer acknowledged that the boy was suspended in February for getting caught with an empty bag with traces of marijuana, which he called “irrelevant” and an attempt to demonize a victim.

Trayvon’s backpack contained 12 pieces of jewelry, in addition to a watch and a large flathead screwdriver, according to the report, which described silver wedding bands and earrings with diamonds.

Trayvon was asked if the jewelry belonged to his family or a girlfriend.

“Martin replied it’s not mine. A friend gave it to me,” he responded, according to the report. Trayvon declined to name the friend.

Trayvon was not disciplined because of the discovery, but was instead suspended for graffiti, according to the report. School police impounded the jewelry and sent photos of the items to detectives at Miami-Dade police for further investigation.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/26/2714778/thousands-expected-at-trayvon.html#storylink=cpy

I'm still not following you..what does this have to do with GZ gunning down TM while he was walking home from a store? ^i^

Notice I said if. I would consider tagging lockers at school with friends, being in possession of drugs, having burglary tools and... strange jewelry on your person "troubles". I'd say that's a fairly minor characterization, actually. If these indicate anything with respect to illicit activities he may have been involved in that potentially influenced his behavior that night, then it's relevant. If not, then it's not.

The way I see it, he was doing none of the above when he was killed. That's just based off the facts we have so far. He actually wasn't doing anything that night, and GZ had no way of knowing he'd done those things in the past. So perhaps he was getting into that type of trouble, but it's irrelevant since his killer didn't know...

It'd be different if the jewelry or burglary tool was found on him in Sanford, but neither were...

JMO

Just read to the whole thread.
And just some observations.
I do believe that athletic Tray decked him in one good punch on the nose. That would account also for the fat lip and injury on the back of the head when 250lbs of mass hits the ground/pavement. If Tray would have continued to pummel him, I would expect some black/blue eyes or some black/blue fingerprint marks on GZ's face while Tray was bouncing GZ's noggin on the ground/pavement with his fingers on his GZ's face.
Tray was shot at close range but how close and from what position? Was Tray standing up and GZ shot him while laying in a prone position? We need answers on that.
Witness accounts said Tray was on top but other witness accounts say GZ was on top while straddling him which I found rather strange. So they could be easily confused.
And all while we are only talking about a 1 minute hiatus.
GZ account of verbal communication with Tray does not mesh with Tray's GF recollection.
Using Occam's razor principle:
Athletic Tray decked GZ in one good punch when he was confronted and/or harassed by GZ . Fear/anger was his motive.
GZ shot Tray , possibly while GZ was still on the ground and out of anger/hurt ego, but possibly fear also.
There was no premeditation by GZ. It was a situation that quickly escalated out of control and due to having a gun handy, ended in a homicide..
GZ probably wishes by now , he never got out of his car or at least would have left his gun at home..He will never get to be a cop, that dream was destroyed.
I do not believe GZ left his car with the intention to murder a black kid. However, I do not believe he is completely honest in his account of the events.
But let the courts figure it out.
Both Tray and GZ have undoubtedly loving families/relatives. It is a tragedy for all of them.
I still have problem with SYG statute though since this was not a " by chance" confrontation but a "deliberate" one, orchestrated by a rather eager for brownie points GZ.
And subject statute does not cover such instigated confrontations adequately. All IMO only.

Ita, rotterdam. The statute needs to address what you said. Hopefully, the lawmakers will take a second look at it. :seeya:

He asked how they knew the race of those involved in the burglaries (specifically, why they were characterized as being young black males). I responded. I'm not entirely sure what's hard to grasp.

Umm...not entirely sure where you got "hard to grasp"? Are you referring to me? ^i^

The way I see it, he was doing none of the above when he was killed. That's just based off the facts we have so far. He actually wasn't doing anything that night, and GZ had no way of knowing he'd done those things in the past. So perhaps he was getting into that type of trouble, but it's irrelevant since his killer didn't know...

It'd be different if the jewelry or burglary tool was found on him in Sanford, but neither were...

JMO
It could potentially lead into why he may have attacked Zimmerman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abcdowpp1