17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the bond hearing, the State investigator said it was an injury caused by trauma to the back of GZ's head, and admitted that it was consistent with GZ's claim that his head struck cement repeatedly in the fight.

http://www.wral.com/news/video/11004815/#/vid11004815
It's toward the end of Gilbreath's testimony.

With all due respect, I don't believe the word "repeatedly" does appears in transcripts linked above. The inspector was asked if the injuries were consistent with hitting something harder than GZ's head. The inspector replied, "Yes."

He was then asked if that "something" could have been concrete, and the inspector again said, "Yes."

I don't recall them discussing repetition.

IIRC.

No sympathy for his wife even? I'm not ready to convict GZ, and i'm certainly not ready to convict his family.

What do you think is the likelihood that someone would hire George Zimmerman's wife? Question #1 at the job interview - any relation?

I can't speak for Reader but I can certainly say for myself that I have no sympathy whatsoever for any of Zimmerman's family or friends. As far as I'm concerned, they are nothing but liars as evidenced by the lies told under oath yesterday. If the wife is whining for money and the fact that they have none, get a job like every other hard working person in this country. It's not up to the state of Florida to provide for her and her husband.

~jmo~

I'm starting to wonder if he did them himself when he was holding/grabbing his head after the shooting. He knew he needed to have some kind of injury to justify what he did.

I'm leaning more into what grandmaj posted? I think Trayvon may have dug his fingernails into the back of his head. I don't know? I think it we had a good picture of the nicks when they were cleaned up -- we could see what the extent really was?

It does not match up to his head being slammed into the ground repeatedly though. I would hope they'd have a picture of the bloody concrete? If his blood wasn't smeared or deluded by rain, I don't think the blood on the concrete would be either?

MOO

I wonder how much income GZ made? I live in a community similar to the one George lived in here in SW Florida and it's not cheap? I don't know if this in in a nicer area though because there are some really beautiful places in the not so nice parts of town? So just because it looks expensive, doesn't mean it's expensive? But then he was going to school, and unless he had loans, that's a lot of money to be shelling out? He wasn't even a home owner in that place -- so I had to laugh about how all these people were moving in because the owners were renting to them -- George is one of those people too? :banghead:

MOO

ETA BBM Frank said this. He said that is why they had so much crime in the neighborhood.

Orlando property values are lower than those in South Florida, rentals go for less from what I have seen. I have suspected that GZs parents have helped them out, he was an independent contractor where he worked last and from what I have seen, he has spotty employment before that. Which could very well be why employment history was not brought up during the hearing. I would think that would be brought up to show stability???

The Discovery process has not started. The defense has information that they will be required to share when they request Discovery from the prosecution. They usually will delay as they don't want to show their hand any sooner than necessary. Control of when this happens is in the hands of the defense.

Not part of what you said, but something somewhat related is the differing opinions on the testimony from the investigator. He was there at the request of AC, just as an observer. Had he been subpoenaed by MOM, he would have come prepared. He was not planning on being called, this was a bail hearing!! MOM took it to another level, but he seemed to do this intentionally, to make the Prosecution look bad, IMO. If he really wanted testimony, he should have supoenaed the investigators.

The defense attorneys on HLN typically side with the Defense, regardless of the case they are commenting on. That is likely the reason some are saying they were right not to show their cards during a bail hearing, while others claimed they were inept. MOO.

Thank you, Bianca! This is exactly what I've felt ever since I watched what I felt was an ambush of the investigator during what should have been a simple ordinary bond hearing. What I don't understand and find troublesome is why the Judge didn't put a halt to it?

The streaks from the hole on the left, seem to go to the left. While the streaks from the hole on the right seem to go a little to the right or straight down. Nothing is smeared. It looks as though he was standing straight up when the wounds were inflicted. I'm looking at the back of his head and the way the streaks travel, the way I would read a green.

What this indicates is that the wounds were from two separate injuries and that he was in two different positions when the scratches occurred. The left side looks to be while he was leaning somewhat toward that side, the right side looks to be while standing or more like sitting up with his head looking down.

jmo

I'm starting to wonder if he did them himself when he was holding/grabbing his head after the shooting. He knew he needed to have some kind of injury to justify what he did.

Probably. Right after punching himself in the lip but before he broke his own nose.

Hopefully they scraped under Trayvon's fingernails. Would be interesting to know if George's skin was underneath?
I hope they did too; otherwise it wouldn't seem like a thorough investigation. It would not surprise me to learn that TM's nails had residue from GZ's skin. From the 911 calls, witnesses statements, and the loud yelling, it seems to have been quite a fight. JMO

With all due respect, I don't believe the word "repeatedly" does appears in transcripts linked above. The inspector was asked if the injuries were consistent with hitting something harder than GZ's head. The inspector replied, "Yes."

He was then asked if that "something" could have been concrete, and the inspector again said, "Yes."

I don't recall them discussing repetition.

IIRC.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And isn't it true that a lot of statements that he made do not make sense in terms of the injuries that he described. Did he not describe to the police that Mr. Martin had him on the ground and kept bashing his head on the concrete over and over and just physically beating him with his hands?

GILBREATH: He has said that, yes.

O'MARA: The injuries seem to be consistent with his story, though, don't they?

Dale; The injuries are consistent with a harder object striking the back of his head than his head was. (he does not say the injuries are consistent with Zimmerman's story which is the important part.)

O'MARA: Could that be cement?

GILBREATH: Could be. (he could have gone on and said any hard object)

O'MARA: Did you just say it was consistent or did you say it wasn't consistent?

GILBREATH: I said it was. (He is saying it was consistent with hitting a harder object. Not that it is consistent with Zimmerman's story.)

Just a thought about the head wound shot. Could those abrasions have been made by TM's ice tea can? If the two men grappled (regardless of who started the fight), could TM have used the one item he had other than skittles as a weapon?

I wonder if the SPD collected the can? Did they do anything right that night?

I don't *think* a can is sturdy enough to do that, but... Wow, I needed a minute after your comment. That gave me the most horrible mental image of this kid desperately fighting off an armed attacker with nothing but a can of iced tea, and screaming for his life, and I had to fight back tears for a second.

One of my nephews is exactly Trayvon's age. He's a smart kid, great student, lots of friends. Has the same occasional smart mouth most teenagers have, but never been in any real trouble a day in his life and doesn't fight with anyone except his brother. I think about how I would feel if he were walking home from the store one evening, and some guy with a gun decided he was "suspicious" enough to chase him most of the way home, shoot him to death, and then claim he had been attacked and it was self-defense. I can't lie, I imagine something like that happening to that beautiful boy, and I can't help but weep for the Martin family.

I listen to the tapes, and read the transcripts, and stare endlessly at every little thing that gets released, and I have yet to see a single thing which justifies this man's actions that night in the slightest. From the moment he decided to get out of his car, to his decision to take his gun, to his failure to identify himself, to his decision to give chase, to his decision to ignore the warning to leave the kid alone and continue searching, up to the moment of confrontation; at what point do people stop making excuses for this guy and how "hurt" he thought he was, and start looking at the fact that he likely got those wounds trying to beat down and detain an unarmed kid who had committed no crime?

Sorry, but I don't look at Trayvon Martin and see some kid that must have been up to no good because of his age, race, or clothes. I see a teen who should be at home with his family right now, and isn't because George Zimmerman made a laundry list of bad choices that ended in murder and was able to defend those bad choices by wrapping them in a poorly written law.

It just hurts my heart, that's all.

If we assume, for the sake of my comment, that GZ had a list of attorneys to choose from, why MO'M? He's a top notch lawyer and charges big bucks. How did GZ know when he approached MO'M, that he would defend him pro bono? I don't mean to imply there is anything wrong with MO'M doing this pro bono.

Only GZ knows why he picked MO'M. Maybe the list from Nejame included only attorneys Nejame thought would take the case for the notoriety or that would be interested in the particular legal points raised by the case and had the wherewithall to afford to do the case pro bono? Maybe MO'M was the first on the list to offer to do it pro bono?

We probably won't ever know unless GZ or MO'M writes a book about it someday.

No sympathy for his wife even? I'm not ready to convict GZ, and i'm certainly not ready to convict his family.

What do you think is the likelihood that someone would hire George Zimmerman's wife? Question #1 at the job interview - any relation?

Now would be a good time to go back to using her maiden name...if she wants to eat and all.

Sorry, but I don't look at Trayvon Martin and see some kid that must have been up to no good because of his age, race, or clothes. I see a teen who should be at home with his family right now, and isn't because George Zimmerman made a laundry list of bad choices that ended in murder and was able to defend those bad choices by wrapping them in a poorly written law.

And no offense intended to anyone who thinks differently. It's just how I feel about it personally.

Maybe we should layoff on the wife considering she did nothing wrong and I think it's against the TOS to bash family's.

He indicated the injury was caused by a "hard object" and never said "repeatedly". He simply agreed it could be concrete.
Actually, DG was being questioned by O'M regarding his ability to disprove GZ's explanation of events, specifically his head repeatedly hitting the sidewalk. Yes, DG said it could have been concrete. DG also agreed that he had no evidence to disprove that the wounds were consistent with GZ's explanation. When asked what wounds he knew GZ to have suffered to his knowledge, DG replied there were two head wounds. And he used the word "trauma" (or "traumatic"?) to describe the injuries.

BBM/JMO

The streaks from the hole on the left, seem to go to the left. While the streaks from the hole on the right seem to go a little to the right or straight down. Nothing is smeared. It looks as though he was standing straight up when the wounds were inflicted. I'm looking at the back of his head and the way the streaks travel, the way I would read a green.

Anyone know what type bushes or small trees were in the immediate area where Trayvon was shot?

Maybe we should layoff on the wife considering she did nothing wrong and I think it's against the TOS Rivas family's.

Can people also lay off Trayvon's mother, his father, and him---since he is a bonafide VICTIM?

Anyone know what type bushes or small trees were in the immediate area where Trayvon was shot?

You know what hurts really bad when you step on it?? That mulch stuff! I don't know if it can stick into the skin of your head? Just thinking out loud.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member