2008.01.08 Court Hearings Discussion

Bolded by me

And the Defense has every opportunity to photograph those little bones themselves now that they have custody of the body. But the sterile little skeleton, (the "just bones"), released by the ME isn't the issue. The disturbing pictures will be those of Caylee as found in the woods. Those pictures will be much more graphic as they will include garbage, duct tape, hair, dirt, insects, her bedding, toys and books scattered near by. Those are the pictures that will define how Caylee was abandoned and will break any normal person's heart.

No one should see these pix without a real need to do so. Caylee wasn't protected as she should have been in life, at least some people are trying to provide some privacy for her little remains. These are the same people who provided security for little Caylee's remains - including the lead detective who rode with those remains to the ME's office.

Incidentally, I agree with Nancy Grace - why is there no security at the funeral home ? Baez is showing so little concern for the sanctity of Caylee's remains. How can we possibly have confidence in his "yet to developed" secure data base ? I think the judge made a mistake in buying into that story. It's a matter of time before pix appear. :furious:

I think CA and GA knew about the death for some time before the remains were found. I still think that. I also thought that the funeral was being held up while they worked out some sort of immunity deal. We know now, that the disposition of the remains is out of their control. So I was wrong about that and wish I had not posted it.

I still don't like what I see of CA and GA, but I grieve for them - the losses keep piling up. And it must seem that having KC hand their sweet grandbaby's remains over to a man who never heard her little voice, never felt her little heart beat, never smelled her little girl scent and never received her tiny kisses and hugs is a slap in the face that no parent and grandparent should ever receive.

JMHO

Amen. Very well said. And still breaking my heart too. It is so distressing to me, the notion that even after death, the adults can not dignify little Caylee or that she would continue to be used as any sort of pawn. Please, it needs to end. Let her simply be laid to rest. JMO

In all honesty, I do not believe Caylee is still at the funeral home. I think that she has been taken to a more secure location. If the defense needs to examine the remains, she's not going to be sitting on a shelf in a place where people go in and out all day. Just isn't logical. We just are not going to know where she has been taken. They are not legally required to remain at a funeral home until internment. If, as Jose insists, they are evidentiary, the smart thing to do would be to secure them elsewhere.

In all honesty, I do not believe Caylee is still at the funeral home. I think that she has been taken to a more secure location. If the defense needs to examine the remains, she's not going to be sitting on a shelf in a place where people go in and out all day. Just isn't logical. We just are not going to know where she has been taken. They are not legally required to remain at a funeral home until internment. If, as Jose insists, they are evidentiary, the smart thing to do would be to secure them elsewhere.

I so hope you are right about this.

I haven't read the whole thread so please accept apologies if this has already been discussed.

JB's motion said something about "financial" burden/hardship or whatever if the prosecution didn't turn over the photos right? The big speculation was that he/the A's/KC were going to "sell" the photos...

Turns out he said in the hearing yesterday that he would have to fly his experts in from all over and the cost would be prohibitive. Ultimately he won in a sense since the judge ordered OK on the "secure server" in JB's office for his experts to view the photos, etc.

My question is, what in the world would good old JB and KC have done if this was 1978? No computers, no secure servers, geeeee. They would have had to do what hundreds of other murderers have done and flown in their experts or done with local or without!!!! DUH. Why does KC keep getting and winning special priviledge??

She's even still in a "protective custody" cell! They originally said they put her in there because she was to have a psychological eval. WEll, that's been done for months! If it was you or me, you think we'd be protected? Represented by anything other than a court appointed atty? NAH, we'd be in gen pop with the rest of em! This whole thing is a ridiculous circus!

If this was 1978 the defense would do exactly what they want to do now - send copies of reports, evidence and photos to experts that they choose to do so, just as the prosecution/LE has been doing since the beginning of the case.

KC is in protective custody for her own safety. Yes, if was you or me, we'd be in protective custody too.

If this was 1978 the defense would do exactly what they want to do now - send copies of reports, evidence and photos to experts that they choose to do so, just as the prosecution/LE has been doing since the beginning of the case.

KC is in protective custody for her own safety. Yes, if was you or me, we'd be in protective custody too.

I need some hearing help, please! Yes, I've read the whole thread, and don't see this. I watched the hearing on tv, but with the commentary on the side, so I didn't hear everything. And haven't gone to the links to re-listen to the whole thing. I caught a snippet of argument about the appointment of a special master, which I think is in relation to interviews of Dominic. Does anyone recall the outcome of that? Did the judge rule on that? If so, how?

And another question while I'm at it: The judge said something about not having his docket book with him. Isn't he coming off that bench?

And yet one more question. What happened to this one? Demand for Discovery and Inspection Relating to Digital Forensic Evidence Obtained From Ricardo Morales.

TIA

I need some hearing help, please! Yes, I've read the whole thread, and don't see this. I watched the hearing on tv, but with the commentary on the side, so I didn't hear everything. And haven't gone to the links to re-listen to the whole thing. I caught a snippet of argument about the appointment of a special master, which I think is in relation to interviews of Dominic. Does anyone recall the outcome of that? Did the judge rule on that? If so, how?

And another question while I'm at it: The judge said something about not having his docket book with him. Isn't he coming off that bench?

And yet one more question. What happened to this one? Demand for Discovery and Inspection Relating to Digital Forensic Evidence Obtained From Ricardo Morales.

TIA

Try here EZ - Lanie took DotsEyes' run down and added some great notes:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3144219&postcount=221

HTH

-----

Dang! Just noted your questions aren't answered by that. Let me see what I can recall:

1. DC/Master - IIRC correctly, SA and Judge S both think this was a moot point. SA says interviews were not relevant to time of employment with JB (i.e. work product)
2. docket - correct, but also stated before/after that, (paraphrased) 'time is a rare thing lately.' Stated both in relation to scheduling other KC trial conferences as follow-up to these motions. I took it to mean he would try, but he had other cases to look after and wouldn't commit to dates without 'other bench' docket book.
3. RM - I honestly can't recall, as I personally don't think it much more than D Team 'fog' so I didn't pay much attention to that one.

Personally...I thought she looked terrific. She looked well rested to me...not anything like I would imagine a falsely accused, loving mother grieving the death of her baby! Her nose looked exactly the same as it always has to me. The camera was on a bad angle for her and without the make-up to do her eyes way up to distract from it.

The best way I can describe her demeanor ....detached as she tried and failed to looked engaged.

IMO

JBeaner....that wasn't soooo "bad"....right?

To me it looks like her nose is continuing to grow. Pinnochio.....Lie after Lie after Lie. I wonder what it will look like at her trial? LOL

Refuse to consider this. I LIKE Alanis.

But, yes, only AM has higher, more angular cheek-bones - and she obviously understands her own emotions and those of others.

Ha! That was my first thought as well, "Oh no KC, don't ruin Alanis for me!"

Did anyone else hear this? At the end of the hearing Baez said he had one "housekeeping" issue to discuss and could they approach. I don't know who had the microphone on, but I swear I heard him ask the judge "should we discuss change of venue now"?

If you watch the very end of any of the videos you can hear it - somebody tell me if I'm nuts or not please! :crazy:

Did anyone else hear this? At the end of the hearing Baez said he had one "housekeeping" issue to discuss and could they approach. I don't know who had the microphone on, but I swear I heard him ask the judge "should we discuss change of venue now"?

If you watch the very end of any of the videos you can hear it - somebody tell me if I'm nuts or not please! :crazy:

others have made the same comment...I was listening intensly but missed that comment--I watch those hearings and always wish I could lip read what is being said amongst the atty's prior to the judge coming out...but change of venue was mentioned

I didn't hear it b/c I was on the phone during this part, but others talked about it the other night. They said for sure they heard it. Can you point me to where I can view the video? TIA

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imaguppynotashark
Back