2009.08.05 State Deposition of George Anthony

But who the heck would tell the SA that? We all know not an honest word has come from the actual family. Who else could have spilled. Plus none of the family will admit that on the stand at trial.

Good old family photos, they don't lie. Probably a chit ton of photos of Caylee playing in her room.

Snip:

I saw on page 80 that KC had forged a check out of her brother LA's bank account when she was in high school...Strange GA doesn't remember much about the details.

I'm at page 126, and so far, George doesn't remember anything "specifically." He's been so thoroughly schooled in how to answer questions that he's like a pleasant zombie now. :banghead: ETA: "Specifically" is his new escape word which I assume the lawyers have taught him to use in order to avoid truthfully answering a question while avoiding the threat of perjury.

"To be honest", "Absolutely", "As a matter of fact", "Truthfully", "You know", "Honestly",
All......a precursor to the "mistruth" to follow. Many answers are "yes", "uh huh", etcc.....when you qualify your answer before you give it....you are trying to create validity to your statement. I am not a psychologist, psychiatrist, mental health professional, or a linguistics expert........but I can tell when someone is trying to appear honest. My son has said on more than one occasion....."Mommy, how do you know these things?"...My answer........I was a kid, I lied, I covered, and best of all...."I REMEMBER". The fewer the words.....the better. Carp....I could convince my DH, or kids that we have had an entire conversation that never took place. The one that speaks first or MORE....loses!!!!! Perhaps JB will now contact me for these life lessons that he failed to memorize.

I think my face is gonna melt off reading these depos!

Can't help but wonder if they will help out in getting a conviction or an insanity plea....

Only up to page 64, but aren't George and Cindy just the most admirable parents :rolleyes:...never spanked the kids, talked to them like adults, taught the kids to be responsible for their actions, etc, blah, blah, blah...any more perfect, and my head will explode! :banghead:

Snip:

Sorry if I offend, but talking to your kids as though they are adults is not wise. GA says they did that.

I don't see how they did that when neither of them can form a coherent sentence with both hands now.

He goes on to say that as he approached the car it NEVER crossed his mind that the smell could have been from decomposition from either his granddaughter or his daughter.

He is asked again.

He says no, not at that initial point. no.

Who was he lying to? FBI or SA? Geez George. Not a smart move. Not at all.

Clearly, the reason why the deposition transcripts were ordered is because George does not admit in the latest (with Ashton) that the trunk smell was that of human decomposition. In the LE interviews he says it is clear. Prolly same with the Grand Jury.

George is being set up as a hostile witness.

It won't be pretty.

I'm up to pg. 129, and what struck me was how gloriously happy George was when he was told Casey was pregnant (6 months along). Just walking on air!! Didn't even immediately ask who the father was.

Lookie, I had a 19 yr. old unemployed daughter come and tell me she was pregnant. I'd cut off my right arm for that baby (now 12 yrs. old), BUT I was not gloriously happy, and she told me *that day* who the father was. I made sure of that.

Blaise

I not only agree with you, but I think Casey's pregnancy was the reason George wanted out of that house and out of his marriage!

At the part about the guidance counsellor calling 2 days before grad night...yeah...maybe George didn't know until 2 days before, but there is no way that a guidance counsellor would wait to notify the parents until 2 days before...just something else Cindy kept to herself. :furious:

G, C, and Lee dispute that the remains found were actually Caylee!
Why was Cindy Googling, "Why are my dogs throwing up"?
Was Casey trying to poison them?
George still has his selective memory, that was a painful depo.

I have had only one experience in my life where I saw a maggot infestation appear to make a noise.

It wasn't the maggots I believe making the noise, it was the sound of them moving on the meat and it did sound almost like crackling.

As many times as I have personally seen maggots (and it's been quite a few times) only once did I perceive a noise and that was when there was literally hundreds and hundreds of maggots moving on about a 3 pound mass of hamburger that had been left in a trash bin. It was not a loud noise.

I have a hard time believing that there was that many maggots in that trunk, and IIRC there wasn't any substantial amount of food product for those maggots to be moving on...JMHO and it's off topic too.

I also noted the wording that GA used when he discusses being informed that JG is Caylee's father.

In line 19 on page 98 GA says that "I was told it could be Jesse's child"

He didn't say I was told that he was the father, he said "I was told it could be Jesse's child"

I usually don't nitpick but GA had a representation at the time he went in for this Depo and if I recall correctly MN was his attn.

That smells like a lawyer word...don't commit yourself (or the person that you are relaying as having said something) by using concrete words but rather say could, might, tend to...etc...get what I'm meaning anyone?

Kat, this depo is from this past August and Brad Conway is representing him, not MN.

Clearly, the reason why the deposition transcripts were ordered is because George does not admit in the latest (with Ashton) that the trunk smell was that of human decomposition. In the LE interviews he says it is clear. Prolly same with the Grand Jury.

George is being set up as a hostile witness.

It won't be pretty.

Was that in the interview with LE or FBI, JWG? I can't remember exactly who was interviewing him.

Yes they are setting him up as a hostile witness I think you are correct.

At the part about the guidance counsellor calling 2 days before grad night...yeah...maybe George didn't know until 2 days before, but there is no way that a guidance counsellor would wait to notify the parents until 2 days before...just something else Cindy kept to herself. :furious:

And Casey would've known.

Kat, this depo is from this past August and Brad Conway is representing him, not MN.

Gosh thank you Friday! Yes you're correct and you know I actually knew that when I was typing that too.

I need to go to bed, I'm sorry. I just want to finish the first read through of GA's transcript so I can sleep on it then come back and read it again tomorrow.

(I don't know when I'll have the stomach for CA's)

LOL!

According to George, he doesn't know why KC didn't complete her quarter high school credit the summer after senior year. "we signed her up twice"..."she went a couple of days to class"...maybe it was a work related reason she didn't complete it..."she was working two jobs"...

and that would be "Universal" and...wait for it...

Sports Authority? *snort*

ETA: should have read further...worked at a pizza place...maybe that is how the Anthonys gained their knowledge of "all things pizza" heh!

I have a stupid question what about a note from Daytona? Why is GA not wanting to talk about that?

I'm sorry but I am following about Daytona? Thank you for any help.

Could that be in reference to the "suicide" situation?

Dang GA tells CA about KC not working at Sport Authority and she gets confrontational with him, wanting to know why he is following around their daughter...etc.

Strange.

I agree but what's driving me INSANE is that Ashton isn't pinning GA down about the real reason he went to Sports Authority. He went there because KC blamed the missing $4,400 on her being mugged when she had the $4,400 with her at Sports Authority. Or am I all wrong?

In Cindy's deposition she states that they did not know there was a problem with Casey graduating until Graduation Day itself.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000
Back