Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #180

Status
Not open for further replies.
I absolutely think (IMO, MOO) they were, I just hadn't heard that definitively. I think they've been going around for years. And I think, my opinion and theory, that they were being sold (or attempted to be sold). IMO.
I think people purported to have images, probably sold their fakes, but in reality until the defense recently exposed them there were no actual images out there.

I guess i have a hard time believing that the defence was ready to go AND they don't have money for their experts. It seems very late in the day to be commissioning this work - we are just 5 weeks out.

I guess I naively assumed that they would have finished all this before filing for the speedy - but maybe it works more like corporate IT projects and it all comes together in the final weeks?
It's a much better story to be ready and then "oh no" they won't pay for our experts so now we can't possibly be ready in time and need a continuance. It's all about the narrative. They were ready.. it was everyone else's fault they couldn't be prepared. Of course this is my opinion, but it seems that IF they decide to as for a continuance, it will be no fault of their own that they request it.

It's a much better story to be ready and then "oh no" they won't pay for our experts so now we can't possibly be ready in time and need a continuance. It's all about the narrative. They were ready.. it was everyone else's fault they couldn't be prepared. Of course this is my opinion, but it seems that IF they decide to as for a continuance, it will be no fault of their own that they request it.

I wholeheartedly agree with this view.

When I look at
the way the search was prematurely called off
the way the investigation was poorly handled
the stream of pervy suspects that have popped up over the years
the legal shenanigans all around
the idea that people would be willing to sell CS photos
the idea that people would want to look at them
the idea that this is all big business, lots of money to be made
Sometimes I think this world didn't deserve Abby & Libby
Maybe the eclipse just got me down

I may be the only one here that thinks it wasn't an evil plan hatched by B&R. Regardless, they clearly failed to secure the photos. Plain and simple, can't be denied. For some reason the buck never seems to stop anywhere anymore.
I don't think it was an evil plan hatched by B&R, but I do not think it was a totally innocent "oops" they were left where someone could view them. I do think there was some strategy about this that didn't go as planned. It did seem to benefit the defense to have these images out there along with the Franks Memo describing things at the crime scene and trying to connect it to Odinism. I mean look at how this has all blown up and there are certainly those that think there is some merit to it all now because of this. Again, I don't think they sat down and said let's leak these photos, but I do think it's possible they were sharing them in order to gauge public opinion or to get others to gauge public opinion and instead they were leaked to online people who spread them around.

I don't think it was an evil plan hatched by B&R, but I do not think it was a totally innocent "oops" they were left where someone could view them. I do think there was some strategy about this that didn't go as planned. It did seem to benefit the defense to have these images out there along with the Franks Memo describing things at the crime scene and trying to connect it to Odinism. I mean look at how this has all blown up and there are certainly those that think there is some merit to it all now because of this. Again, I don't think they sat down and said let's leak these photos, but I do think it's possible they were sharing them in order to gauge public opinion or to get others to gauge public opinion and instead they were leaked to online people who spread them around.

I can see how/why people feel this way. I really hope MW's trial will shed some light on exactly what went down, including if he was paid to do this.

When I look at
the way the search was prematurely called off
the way the investigation was poorly handled
the stream of pervy suspects that have popped up over the years
the legal shenanigans all around
the idea that people would be willing to sell CS photos
the idea that people would want to look at them
the idea that this is all big business, lots of money to be made
Sometimes I think this world didn't deserve Abby & Libby
Maybe the eclipse just got me down
I think often we want the perp to be the pervy suspects that pop up because wouldn't it be great if we could predict who these people are.. the local RSO, those already involved in illegal activities, those who are seen as "lower" by society standards, etc. We don't know how to feel about it being the local CVS guy or the person we have around our children who looks, talks, acts, "normal".. it's terrifying that we can't recognized those that would harm us or our children.

All the rest of those.. the people looking at photos, buying photos, leaking info, making money off dead children.. it's horrible..

I also try to remember that for all those that are evil, there are just as many who are doing amazing things in this world. I try to find those stories too because just reading about the crime, the evil, and the worst of society makes it overwhelming.

Its only a waste when we're not the accused. I wonder if RA feels its a waste of time and money or if he wants them to do whatever they can do to perhaps prove him innocent (if he is), or at least create reasonable doubt such that he is set free....?
He's the one, so sad to see the waste of time amd money!

MOO no one else was involved. It is a simple type crime. Had a gun could force whatever upon whoever, saw an opportunity that engaged him and used it.

Yep I believe this also, simply wrong place wrong time for the girls. You don’t exactly have to be brave to watch two vulnerable girls walk across a bridge and decide to follow and pull a gun on them.

Unfortunately its gonna be the local CVS guy who was a lot more sick and twisted than anybody realized.

Yep I believe this also, simply wrong place wrong time for the girls. You don’t exactly have to be brave to watch two vulnerable girls walk across a bridge and decide to follow and pull a gun on them.

Unfortunately its gonna be the local CVS guy who was a lot more sick and twisted than anybody realized.

Yep

Can I have some clarity on what ML saw in the exparte filings? Was this the exchange with defense team showing the scandal with the photos was much larger?

There's no way D is ready for this trial. They were too busy spitting out pretrial motion after pretrial motion and working on their magnus opus "Franks Memorandum." They knew their only real chance was to avoid the trial entirely. When that didn't work, they went into panic mode. The only "fair trial" the Ds can accept is an acquittal for "Rick," MOO. They should have had their experts long ago, the geofencing "mistake" was indeed probably their mistake. The experts issue is only being tackled now because this is the first chance they've had to really, you know, "get around to it." I don't care about the crowdsourcing, but I'm finding it hard to swallow this "David & Goliath" narrative for the defense of "Rick" that the D is now trying furiously to advance, jmo. They should have been pounding away at the P's lost interview footage a long time ago, and getting conferences together with their own experts so they intimately understood the nuances of their own case. Instead, they were chasing down Odinists and doing damage control on their leaks. There's no need to reinvestigate the entire case. It's the State of Indiana v Richard Allen, not the State of Indiana v your buddy Rick.

Can I have some clarity on what ML saw in the exparte filings? Was this the exchange with defense team showing the scandal with the photos was much larger?

I think it was just about the mental health professional seeing RA? Is that correct? I think the point is that if he knows what he's doing, there's no way on earth he didn't know what he was doing was wrong.

I could not disagree with you more, respectfully. On a scale of 1 to 10 on how much I disagree with this, I'm at like a 78.

IMO.
Here's what Carter said during a Road Show in 2020 as to how many were thought to be involved. The way he says it, it sounds to me like he was not looking at just one person at that time.
11 mm
Other LE: ... but gosh it wouldn't be great for it to just close that that last piece that they're missing and put somebody in jail for this?

Carter: I'm not sure how that would feel but I can't wait and if, uhh....we know we've said this before, uh.. either one of these individuals ......uh.. or a group.. whatever that might be that were involved in this, there's multiple ways to resolve this in your mind, in your heart, in your soul. I hope you'll do the right thing one day

The defense was ready to go in January. The State halted it all with their ridiculous shenanigans (which was an attempt to get the unexpectedly dogged, highly-qualified defense attorneys thrown off the case). Supreme Court said it was all B.S., but that took time.

Because of Nick McLeland's months and months long delay in getting them Discovery, they didn't know until after they filed for a speedy trial that they will need geofence experts. So yes, there may not be enough time. If there isn't, I hope they do delay the trial so that we only have to do this once.

People can scream "delay tactics by the defense!" all they want, but it doesn't make it true. The court record and timeline of events makes it quite clear what's been going on.

If you're paying attention.

IMO.

What case are you talking about?
We must be following two different ones.

I think it was just about the mental health professional seeing RA? Is that correct? I think the point is that if he knows what he's doing, there's no way on earth he didn't know what he was doing was wrong.
Thank you!

Sorry never tried the multi quote option :) for the part I snipped below I pretty much disregard this because it was in 2020. RA came on the scene once they had more information so he’s the only suspect for me and prayerfully evidence explains it all.
Here's what Carter said during a Road Show in 2020 as to how many were thought to be involved. The way he says it, it sounds to me like he was not looking at just one person at that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HairHawk