AR AR - Morgan Nick, 6, Alma, 9 Jun 1995

SoccerMom said:
I saw the Extreme Makeover: Home Edition featuring Morgan's family. I cried through most of it. :( It was interesting to see the pictures of the missing children when John Walsh was on. I recognized most of them from reading here. I hope that Morgan comes home to sleep in her purple room.
My 9 yr old dd and I watched Extreme Makeover together but I didn't think it was on 2 hrs here. The hr we watched started w/ showing pictures of missing children and then the remodeling of their house and the end results. My dd loved the 11 yr olds room. What was the 2nd hr about? Morgan's mom has such a strong belief that Morgan will one day come home. The outside light fixture that will be left on waiting Morgan's return was a beautiful touch. My dd asked if I thought Morgan would be found and I just said that it would take a miracle to find her alive. My dd then said "yeah, and another miracle would be to walk into a Wal-Mart and not see anymore missing children posted."

kahskye said:
My 9 yr old dd and I watched Extreme Makeover together but I didn't think it was on 2 hrs here. The hr we watched started w/ showing pictures of missing children and then the remodeling of their house and the end results. My dd loved the 11 yr olds room. What was the 2nd hr about? Morgan's mom has such a strong belief that Morgan will one day come home. The outside light fixture that will be left on waiting Morgan's return was a beautiful touch. My dd asked if I thought Morgan would be found and I just said that it would take a miracle to find her alive. My dd then said "yeah, and another miracle would be to walk into a Wal-Mart and not see anymore missing children posted."

Kahskye, that makes me want to cry. I wish she would get her miracle!

I just keep remembering Steven Stayner". He was 7 and remembered his real name. I'm absolutely astounded by the strength and courage Morgan's mom showed on the show.

Why I believe her about Morgan being alive? I TRULY TRULY believe in mother's instinct.... it is incredibly strong. I think this is one of the few children that maybe alive. Most likely living a very sad existence. But love can conquer all! I hope and pray God will allow something to happen soon to have this girl back home.

I am starting to believe that the suspect is not from Arkansas. No other non-family abductions have occured there in the past 20 years. I would not be suprised if he travled a lot and maybe lived out of his camper. I just think about the other girls calling him "creepy". I wish LE would give more details about what he asked them. It is more than time for them to devulge all info and ask the public to help.

Unless someone calls in a tip with a name of a person who fits his description or has inside knowledge of the crime, this case will go unsolved.

I have not been able to stop thinking about this case since the Extreme Makeover show. It was a great show and helped put the spotlight on missing children cases but I wish they would have given more details.

It points towards the fact that he had it all planned and just moved on afterwards. We have a programme called "Crimewatch" over here which solves a large propotion of of the crimes it features in its programme- and its only on once a month. When you get a really popular programme like "extreme makeover" featuring morgan and others- it only takes 1 person to see the pogramme and connnect a couple of dots and it could be broken. Somebody knows this guy. What happens a lot over here in the uk is that a policeman will call in and say "yeah I arrested this guy for such and such last week". I hope someone can bring Morgan home.

Happy Birthday Morgan :HappyBday :HappyBday :HappyBday :HappyBday

Morgan honey, I hope you know how many prayers have been said over the years for you and your family. You've had a permanent place in my heart for a very long time. You are loved and remembered. Happy birthday baby.

blueclouds said:
Why I believe her about Morgan being alive? I TRULY TRULY believe in mother's instinct.... it is incredibly strong. I think this is one of the few children that maybe alive. Most likely living a very sad existence. But love can conquer all! I hope and pray God will allow something to happen soon to have this girl back home.
I agree with you. For some reason I think she is alive. I get feelings when I read a missing person's story and I really feel she is alive. It is a matter of time, someone will see something, I am sure of it.

I also believe Morgan is still alive. Now isnt that strange? I have the weirdest feeling about her...................Lets hopw we're all right.

I had a dream about her the other night. I keep thinking that the man who took her drove to a campground that night. It was not very far from the ballfield. I wonder if police every throughly searched the campgrounds in the area and showed the suspect's photo to see if someone recognized him or his vehicle? I think this man was similiar to Joseph Duncan.

I live in Fayetteville, Arkansas, which is about a half hour from Alma. I'll never forget when Morgan went missing, for I had two boys ages 6 and 3 at the time. My oldest son and Morgan are now the same age.

This area is the Ozark Mountains, folks. It would not surprise me one bit to find out Morgan has been captive in these mountains all this time. I have heard of adult women that went missing from just driving through one county that is very rural and have never been found.

My husband and I both cried through the entire Extreme Makeover show. If anyone on this earth deserved that, it is the Nick family.

I have done extensive work on this case and felt that i had leads as to the person who may have abducted her.He was a suspect in another case that i had been working on at the time.Due to lack of evidence it didnt go much further then him being questioned by the Arkansas state police,which was really sad because ive seen people convicted on less then what i provided them.If anyone else is still working this case please feel free to contact me and ill be happy to share what i have.
Tara

midnightmoonsong said:
I have done extensive work on this case and felt that i had leads as to the person who may have abducted her.He was a suspect in another case that i had been working on at the time.Due to lack of evidence it didnt go much further then him being questioned by the Arkansas state police,which was really sad because ive seen people convicted on less then what i provided them.If anyone else is still working this case please feel free to contact me and ill be happy to share what i have.
Tara
Tara,

Have you shared all of your leads and info with both LE and Morgan's family?

Hoppy

emma l said:
. . .I was sure there was a thread for this little girl, but I couldn't find it. . .
It is good that the case has its own thread but if it helps in some way,the case is mentioned at:
http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27315&highlight=Morgan+Nick

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=523147&highlight=morgan#post523147

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=522845&highlight=morgan#post522845

http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=756812&postcount=47

The case was mentioned in passing on a couple other websleuths threads but I didn't see any info in the posts.

Morgan Chauntel Nick
Missing Since: June 9, 1995 from Alma, Arkansas
Classification: Non-Family Abduction
Date Of Birth: September 12, 1988
Height and Weight: 4'0, 55 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Blonde hair, blue eyes. Nick had five visible silver caps on her molars at the time of her 1995 disappearance; the caps were scheduled to be removed in 2000. Her teeth were crowded at the time of her 1995 disappearance and she will need orthodontic braces in adolescence. Nick has a protruding purple vein on the lower left side of her rib cage.
Clothing Description: A green Girl Scouts t-shirt, blue denim shorts and white leather tennis shoes.

Details of Abduction: Nick attended a Little League Baseball game with her mother in Alma, Arkansas on June 9, 1995. She joined her friends to catch lightning bugs near the baseball field later in the evening. Nick was last seen at approximately 10:45 p.m. as she stood near her mother's Nissan Stanza in the parking lot. She was emptying sand from her shoes at the time. Nick has never been heard from again.

Witnesses told authorities that they observed an unidentified Caucasian male watching Nick play on the field earlier in the night. The man apparently approached a group of children playing with Nick and asked them a question; investigators have not publicly released any additional details about the conversation. The suspect is described as being approximately 23 to 38 years old in 1995, 6'0 and 180 pounds. Two sketches of Nick's alleged abductor are posted below this case summary. The unidentified man may have been driving a red Ford pickup truck with a white camper, which had windows covered with curtains. The vehicle left the field's parking lot at approximately the same time Nick disappeared.

Two attempted abductions occurred area on June 9 and 10. In Alma, a suspect resembling Nick's abductor enticed a four-year-old girl into his red truck. The abduction was interrupted and the girl saved when her mother saw them and screamed. In Fort Smith, fifteen miles from Alma, a suspect tried to entice a nine-year-old girl into the men's restroom at a convenience store. He stopped when the girl resisted. Authorities announced that the incidents involved the same man. While the individual involved in these incidents has not been confirmed to be the same man sought in Nick's case, he resembled the Nick suspect and so did his truck, and authorities believe the events are linked.

There is another thread on Websleuths about this case: http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12588&highlight=morgan+chauntel+nick

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/n/nick_morgan.html

For those of you who want to read a lot of detail about this story here is a terrific link

http://www.ardemgaz.com/prev/nick/index.asp

The story is only updated until 1997 but gives a lot of background. I found it interesting that the sketch of Morgan's possible abductor was from another abduction attempt, in another part of town, according to the article. Its especially significant as there have been so few stranger abductions in that area (all explained in the article).

This is such a sad case - I am a mother to 2 young children and I often beat myself up about how over protective I am of them, as this mother seemed to when she let her guard down for just that little while. It must make things so much harder to know that her instinct was so right and a predator was infact lurking.

What intrigues me is the 2 questions or rather the question and the comment that were made to the kids and why that hasnt been released. What could possibly have been said that needs to be kept so confidential?

I am interested in your thoughts on the Morgan Nick Case. I worked with the Morgan Nick Foundation in a volunteer capacity staff capacity for almost two years, so I am very interested in Morgan's case. Thanks!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbifedora
Back