AR AR - Morgan Nick, 6, Alma, 9 Jun 1995

bumping for Morgan....

how amazing to still have hope after all this time..nearly 12 years. Of course, hope is probably what gets them through the day...

Morgan, I hope that you are home soon. Whether it be the way we all pray you will come home, or in a form that will give your family closure, because this torture of not knowing where you are is worse for them then not knowing at all.

jed2.jpg
NCMC805103a1.jpg
JED1.jpg

Looks eerily similar to me. *shivers*

nick_morgan.jpg
nick_morgan_ap.jpg

Missing Since: June 9, 1995 from Alma, Arkansas
Classification: Non-Family Abduction
Date Of Birth: September 12, 1988
Height and Weight: 4'0, 55 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Blonde hair, blue eyes. Nick had five visible silver caps on her molars at the time of her 1995 disappearance; the caps were scheduled to be removed in 2000. Her teeth were crowded at the time of her 1995 disappearance and she will need orthodontic braces in adolescence. Nick has a protruding purple vein on the lower left side of her rib cage.
Clothing/Jewelry Description: A green Girl Scouts t-shirt, blue denim shorts and white leather tennis shoes.

Details of Disappearance

Nick attended a Little League Baseball game with her mother in Alma, Arkansas on June 9, 1995. She joined her friends to catch lightning bugs near the baseball field later in the evening. Nick was last seen at approximately 10:45 p.m. as she stood near her mother's Nissan Stanza in the parking lot. She was emptying sand from her shoes at the time. Nick has never been heard from again.

Witnesses told authorities that they observed an unidentified Caucasian male watching Nick play on the field earlier in the night. The man apparently approached a group of children playing with Nick and asked them a question; investigators have not publicly released any additional details about the conversation. The suspect is described as being approximately 23 to 38 years old in 1995, 6'0 and 180 pounds. He had a moustache and three to four days' growth of beard. The suspect had black or salt-and-pepper hair, which was combed to the back and possibly curly. Two sketches of Nick's alleged abductor are posted below this case summary. He wore cut-off blue jean shorts and no shirt or shoes and spoke with a "hillbilly" dialect or accent. He also had a hairy chest.

The unidentified man may have been driving a red Ford pickup truck with a white camper, which had windows covered with curtains. The vehicle left the field's parking lot at approximately the same time Nick disappeared. The truck had a short wheel base and a dull paint job due to age. The camper was possibly damaged on its right rear end. Witnesses stated that the camper appeared to be four to five inches shorter than the truck.

Two attempted abductions occurred area on June 9 and 10. In Alma, a suspect resembling Nick's abductor enticed a four-year-old girl into his red truck. The abduction was interrupted and the girl saved when her mother saw them and screamed. In Fort Smith, fifteen miles from Alma, a suspect tried to entice a nine-year-old girl into the men's restroom at a convenience store. He stopped when the girl resisted. Authorities announced that the incidents involved the same man. While the individual involved in these incidents has not been confirmed to be the same man sought in Nick's case, he resembled the Nick suspect and so did his truck, and authorities believe the events are linked.

There have been unconfirmed sightings of Nick throughout recent years, but she has not been located. The suspect and his possible vehicle remain at large.

nick_suspect.jpg
nick_suspect2.jpg

Above Images: Sketches of Nick's possible abductor

Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Alma Police Department
501-632-3930
OR
Arkansas State Police
501-783-5195
OR
Federal Bureau Of Investigation
202-324-3000

Charley Project

Bumping...

It's been a year since the public was reminded of these families' torment when Shawn Hornbeck, then 15, and Ben Ownby, then 13, were rescued from the Missouri pizza-parlor manager who had kidnapped and sodomized them. Shawn had been held captive for four years; Ben, for four days. The older boy's recovery reignited the possibility that other coldcase missing children might be found alive. "It's proof positive that missing children can come home," says Colleen Nick of Alma, Arkansas, a national advocate for missing children whose 6-year-old daughter, Morgan Chauntel Nick, was abducted in 1995 from a Little League baseball game.

http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/magazine/articles/2008/02/03/return_to_me/?page=1

Bumping for Morgan.

I saw her story profiled on an E True Hollywood Story about kidnappings last night.

I pray that Morgan is reunited with her loving family one day soon.

http://www.morgannick.com/morgans_story.html

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Plains/5552/morgannick.html

At 10:45 p.m. on June 9, 1995 in Alma, Arkansas, 6-year-old Morgan Nick was abducted from a little league ball game by an unidentified man. She was attending the game with her mother and had joined some friends to catch lightning bugs. Morgan was last seen standing near her mother's car where she had stopped to empty sand from her shoes.

Witnesses observed a man watching the youngster as she was playing with other children at the park. The witness also saw a red Ford pickup with a white camper parked nearby that disappeared at about the same time as Morgan. The camper is possibly damaged at the right rear, and was described as four or five inches too short for the truck, which has a short wheel base and paint dulled by age. The truck is believed to have Arkansas license plates.

The man was described as white, 6 feet tall, with a medium to solid build, a mustache and a 1-inch beard. At the time, he was believed to be 23-38 years old. Click here to see a composite sketch.

At the time of her disappearance, Morgan was approximately 4 feet tall, about 55 pounds, with blonde hair and blue eyes. Morgan had 5 visible silver caps on her molars. She was last seen wearing a green Girl Scout t-shirt, blue denim shorts and white tennis shoes.

A massive investigation has turned up thousands of leads, but still no solid clues to the whereabouts of Morgan Nick or her abductor. The FBI and local communities have offered a $60,000 reward for the recovery of Morgan Chauntel Nick and the identification, arrest and conviction of subject or subjects responsible for her abduction.

The search continues to move forward. There have been numerous possible sightings of Morgan across the United States. Morgan's parents believe that Morgan is still alive and hope that with continued media coverage, someone will be able to provide them with information that could bring their daughter home.

I was wondering what others thought of this possibility...and if they see a possible likeness in the sketch and this man...

http://www.charleyproject.org/images/s/swartzgarcia_daveggio.jpg

This is a picture of James Deveggio...an absolute animal, rapist, murderer, who had sex with his own small daughters and also let others have sex with them too. He was free and prowling when Morgan disappeared and has also been considered a suspect in other child abductions, including Amber Swartz...

This is a picture of a composite from Morgan's abduction.

http://www.charleyproject.org/images/n/nick_suspect.jpg

Take into consideration the passage of time and that Deveggios picture shows him older and heavier...does anyone else see the possibility of a resemblance? has anyone gone this route before?
In his later years, james used a van to kidnap, but in Morgans case it is possible a truck with a camper was used. Also, the year Morgan was taken, Delveggio had not yet met his partner in crime, Michelle Michaud..(who BTW bears a STRIKING resemblance to a composite of a female kidnapper in Jaycee Dugard's kidnapping!)
I have seen no link tho to Morgans case and Deveggio. Does anyone know of one? Do we have any timetables, geographical areas that he may have been in during the time Morgan disappeared?
I haven't figured out how to do a side by side photo comparison on here, so if someone could do that..that would be great. But I would like everyone's thoughts on this...

jashrema very interesting! Morgan Nick is one of those missing children that I think about a lot. :(
I am very interested to know if he was suspected or looked into. Are he and his partner in crime still alive? Are there books written about his crimes that you know of? (I will look sometime when I have more time)

Hi Laini...Both Deveggio and Michaud received the death penalty, he's in San Quentin..i'm unsure where she is.
I know the FBI said that they did a "timeline" on Michaud regarding the kidnapping of Jaycee Dugard and they didn't think it could be her AND him, but what about just HER? The resemblance is just TO on the spot. And you know it's a good sketch because jaycee's dad was actually chasing them and got a good look at her.
These 2 depraved individuals were killing way before they met each other so I think we have to consider them as far as what they were doing BEFORE they hooked up also.
Laini...do you see the resemblance in Deveggio and Morgan Nick's kidnapper?

Below, I've posted the composite of Jaycee's kidnapper sketch and Michaud's photo. I am behind law enforcement 100-%, but I think somebody needs to revisit Michelle for Jaycee's kidnapping and Deveggio regarding Morgan.

Composite

http://www.charleyproject.org/images/d/DugardSuspectF1.jpg

Photo of Michelle Michaud

http://www.charleyproject.org/images/d/dugard_michaud.jpg

Just wondering if anyone has ever done a timeline as far as where both suspects were at the time of Morgan Nicks abduction and Jaycee's abduction. I'll probably go post this in jaycee's thread also.

I'm not sure if this is proper procedure, but Morgan has very little info on this site and it's in other threads. I wanted to start a thread for her here in cold cases to see if we could perhaps put our thoughts together on active pedophiles/known serial killers, etc. that may have been in this area in 1995. There is so much new information and so many child predators being brought to justice and arrested that we might be able to figure out some things to advance this case. I've emailed Morgan's mom with some questions about where the case stands and for any added info, I will post if she replies. Morgan has always been one of those that has stuck with me...so please, any and every thought someone might have would be great.

A great article re: Morgan

http://www.ardemgaz.com/prev/nick/index.asp

Morgan Nick foundation:
http://www.morgannick.com/

Morgan kidnapping info with composite sketch:

http://www.morgannick.com/morgans_story.html

I was wondering what others thought of this possibility...and if they see a possible likeness in the sketch and this man...

http://www.charleyproject.org/images...a_daveggio.jpg

This is a picture of James Deveggio...an absolute animal, rapist, murderer, who had sex with his own small daughters and also let others have sex with them too. He was free and prowling when Morgan disappeared and has also been considered a suspect in other child abductions, including Amber Swartz...

This is a picture of a composite from Morgan's abduction.

http://www.charleyproject.org/images/n/nick_suspect.jpg

Take into consideration the passage of time and that Deveggios picture shows him older and heavier...does anyone else see the possibility of a resemblance? has anyone gone this route before?
In his later years, james used a van to kidnap, but in Morgans case it is possible a truck with a camper was used. Also, the year Morgan was taken, Delveggio had not yet met his partner in crime, Michelle Michaud..(who BTW bears a STRIKING resemblance to a composite of a female kidnapper in Jaycee Dugard's kidnapping!)

Michelle Michaud photo:
http://www.charleyproject.org/images/d/dugard_michaud.jpg

Composite of woman in Jaycee Dugard kidnapping:

http://www.charleyproject.org/images/d/DugardSuspectF1.jpg

I have seen no link tho to Morgans case and Deveggio. Does anyone know of one? Do we have any timetables, geographical areas that he may have been in during the time Morgan disappeared?
I haven't figured out how to do a side by side photo comparison on here, so if someone could do that..that would be great. But I would like everyone's thoughts on this...

Also, after Michelle was arrested, since she bears such a striking resemblance to sketch, she was questioned in regards to Jaycee. She denied hooking up with Deveggio until after Jaycee was kidnapped and LE said they found that to be true...BUT, why would they think that Michelle ONLY KIDNAPPED with Deveggio? People as demented as these two were doing this LONG before they found each other..JMO. I do think tho that it was a mistake for LE to disregard her in Jaycee's case just because she hadn't met Deveggio yet. I'm sure she had another partner in crime before he crawled out from under his rock!

Michelle Michaud ,imo,was involved in far more than what is on the record.
I feel because shes a woman she was not properly investigated & I agree she looks far too much like the composite & imo was involved with the Jaycee's kidnapping.I also wonder what she was up to prior to hooking up with Deveggio.
Ive said in other threads that I feel there are many more women involved in similar cold cases either as accomplices or as the SOLE perpetrator & for too long(for many reasons)women were dismissed & not investigated fully.The women that have been caught need to be studied & interviewed & alot of cases (like Jaycees)need to be re-investigated.
The one pic of Deveggio isnt working but I truly think you are on to something!
Are Deveggio & Michaud still in incarcerated?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
undefined.value
Back