Arias files motion to fire lead attorney Kirk Nurmi

Watched parts of the trial again. Reminded me of all the nasty things Nurmi did. Do not feel sorry for him at all. What goes up must come down.

Juan Martinez is pure amazingness. I admire him more than ever especially as the vultures around him want to claw at him and take him down. Travis' true hero = Juan Martinez.

No-kill animal sanctuary? Jodi Arias is an animal abuser! The fact that ALV refused to acknowledge that told me all I need to know about her.

----------
Hi rose, her choices also make me wonder why she chose Disabled Children.
She is a real trip! I feel she realizes where all this is going. She is backed in a corner never to get out. :tantrum: :seeya:

----------
She is a real trip! I feel she realizes where all this is going. She is backed in a corner never to get out. :tantrum: :seeya:

Hello Nore :seeya:

I have a feeling that she has a special hatred for animals/disabled children and needless to say weak, vulnerable men. She twists things all the time. We need bigger, better words to describe who this creature is as 'crazy' doesn't do justice.

----------

I'm wondering if her youngest niece is disabled. From the pix on FB, it's possible that she might have Down's syndrome or some other chromosomal defect. The eyes look odd...

Was there any other info on remaining open motions?

From the minutes dated 11/1:
This is the time set for Oral Argument.

Defendant’s Motion to Change Counsel is argued to the Court in an ex-parte closed proceeding.

For reasons as stated on the record, IT IS ORDERED denying Defendant’s Motion to Change Counsel.

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED the remainder of this hearing will be recorded under
separate minute entry order and remain under seal, not to be opened without further order of the Court.

SEALED: Minute Entry

4:30 p.m. Matter concludes.

Because the rest of the hearing is under seal, we don't know what arguments may have been heard and what rulings, if any, were decided.

Little missy found out on Friday in court that her motion had been denied and had to sit through the rest of the proceedings.

Hope she behaved herself and didn't throw a tantrum...or as she would say, have a full blown melt down.

Defendant’s Motion to Change Counsel is argued to the Court in an ex-parte closed proceeding.

For reasons as stated on the record, IT IS ORDERED denying Defendant’s Motion to Change Counsel.

separate minute entry order and remain under seal, not to be opened without further order of the Court.

Because the rest of the hearing is under seal, we don't know what arguments may have been heard and what rulings, if any, were decided.

Little missy found out on Friday in court that her motion had been denied and had to sit through the rest of the proceedings.

Hope she behaved herself and didn't throw a tantrum...or as she would say, have a full blown melt down.

Thats a shame,after her spending all that time with those 12 pages. Ha ha ha ha

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

what's interesting is that it lasted from 1:30 til 4:30pm so that's 3 hours they definitely hashed over something.

Beth Karas
Options for this story
Judge Stephens denied Arias's request to remove defense attorney Kirk Nurmi. Her order is posted on the county's website, filed about five hours ago. :loveyou:

Poor Nurmi. He's tried so hard to get off this case, I'll bet he was doing a little dance of joy when the request was filed. Now he's still stuck with having to stay associated with JA for the forseeable future.

.."was argued to the Court in an ex-parte closed proceeding." Does that mean she had her way and met alone with Stephens before the attys joined in?!

.."was argued to the Court in an ex-parte closed proceeding." Does that mean she had her way and met alone with Stephens before the attys joined in?!

In a closed proceeding, if I understand it correctly, only those invited to attend may be part of the proceedings--the press and public do not have the right to witness what goes on. Ex-parte means that only one side will benefit from the motion will be heard, and, that the matter needs to be attended to quickly. the inference is that giving notice to the other party would harm the person bringing the motion. I believe that either the person bringing the motion or the attorney for that person would be present with the judge.

A court order from an ex parte hearing is often followed by a full hearing for all parties involved.

Since Judge Stephens made her ruling, JA's 12 page document is now in the public domain and I can see why Stephens took time making her ruling. The records of the hearing were sealed, so we may never know what was said. However, obviously, Stephens found that any negative effects of Nurmi's remaining as first chair were outweighed by the benefits of having him remain as first chair.

I don't think JA recognized that Nurmi was falling on his sword to give her a possible retrial on appeal by making his 9/10 day comment. Then JA accusing Nurmi of having a selective memory gave me a few laughs. Plus, when she complains he hasn't seen her since May but admits she has refused to see him when he did try to see her, it just shows that JA has not lost her need to manipulate. IMO, JA did not do herself any favours by making this motion.

If I've made any errors, could a legal expert please correct them. And, could someone make an educated guess as to whether or not Stephens's ruling today could be used by the prosecution to argue that an appeal based on the incompetence of a defence attorney is groundless? ie. If Nurmi was incompetent to the point of damaging the case on behalf of his client, wouldn't Stephens have agreed to have him replaced as lead counsel?

I never imagined being called an obsessed hater would make me chuckle.
Can you imagine how many rambling messages KNs poor secretary had suffer through before he finally gave her permission to hang up on the murderer? Poor, poor secretary.
It cracks me up that she's STILL jealous of Deanna.

If Jodi was really as smart as she thinks she is, she'd realize how stupid she truly is.

Okay, my prose isn't the greatest, but I never assumed it was.

Nurmi is probably most disappointed of all. He's been trying to be removed from this case since long before the trial started.

Oh look http://thetrialdivas.com/merchandise/ you can just straight up give them cash to be there and tweet from the courtroom!! OK I'm officially 100% anti TrialDivas™ now, what in the ? .. it's just so damned ugh.

im a graphic artist and they couldn't even be bothered to get a good ol' logo or some marketing graphics. lol
$16 for a cheep glass with crappy font on it. lol

lame.

im a graphic artist and they couldn't even be bothered to get a good ol' logo or some marketing graphics. lol
$16 for a cheep glass with crappy font on it. lol

lame.

Unless these chicks are opera singers..they are not true divas. The other definition of a diva is a *****y woman. There was a lot of money made on TA's death. Gross IMO

Thats a shame,after her spending all that time with those 12 pages. Ha ha ha ha

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

And all the little pencils she must have gone through writing it....

:denied:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kakkilynn
Back