Aruba - Natalee Holloway, 18, Oranjestad, 30 May 2005 *AL extortion trial* *Guilty* #3

It’s been an embarrassment since 2005. This was a solvable murder, but the Aruban were too focused on tourism - they didn’t actually want to solve the crime IMO
they weren't "outsmarted." They deliberately did exactly as you said-refused to do anything all in the name of tourism

I don't think there's ever been any doubt that they had the right person but what the family really wanted to know was the how, where, and when their daughter and sister was murdered.

IMO, JVDS confirmed what they'd long believed which is that he murdered Natalee when she fought off his sexual advances, adding he used a cinder block and his physical limbs to extinguish her life.

That said, I think I'm with Dave -- Natalee's father in that he continues to question who helped him conceal his crime.

IMO, this begins with what did JVDS really do with Natalee's body after killing her on the beach because it's not logical that we dragged her to knee deep water and the ocean simply carried her away forever.

I think this is nonsense but you can't have every thing when dealing with a psychopath. JMO
I agree with everything you have posted and have always believed that someone helped him by taking the body off-shore so that the current would take it out to sea. JMO

More on the most dangerous foreign prisioners in Ancon I, where JVDS is. (North of Lima, not at high altitude where he was before) Subtitles in english available with the gear icon

The true crime documentary, which premieres on Peacock Feb. 27, will take a look at van der Sloot's two convictions: the first for the 2010 murder of 21-year-old Stephany Flores in Peru, and the second a 2023 extortion conviction related to Natalee's death—which he admitted to being responsible for last year.

"Through rare interviews with victims' family members, eyewitnesses and experts on the criminal mind," the synopsis reads, "this documentary reveals new insights into how Joran van der Sloot's lifelong pattern of violence and pathological lying leads to the deaths of two young women."

Investigative journalist Steph Watts, a producer and correspondent for On the Record for Greta Van Susteren at the time, explained in the Peacock documentary that he was tasked with going to Thailand to make the arrangements, which would include paying Joran $25,000 to secure the exclusive on what happened to Natalee.

But it was illegal to bring more than $5,000 at once into the country, so Steph had to entertain the "agitated" young man before they could wire more funds. He said at one point Joran asked if the producer could just get him the money from his own personal bank account.

At the same time, Steph recalled, Joran was "incredibly charming. I had to constantly remind myself of why I was there and who he was. He was cordial, he was funny, but I realized how incredibly dangerous of a situation I was in. He could have snapped on me."

Joran told Greta that he arranged to sell Natalee for $10,000 to a man from Venzuela interested in blond American girls. He claimed that, after meeting Natalee, he arranged to bring her to the beach for the exchange.

On the way to the airport after the interview, Steph recalled, Greta got a text from Joran reading, "Everything I told you was a lie. I just did it for the money."

Natalee Holloway killer Joran van der Sloot attacked in a Peruvian jail: ‘A lot of people want him dead’​

Natalee Holloway killer Joran van der Sloot was injured in a violent brawl inside a Peruvian prison where he is serving a 28-year sentence for murder.

The 36-year-old was attacked by two inmates while in a common area of notorious Challapalca Prison, where the country’s most dangerous inmates are held, last week.

Although van der Sloot suffered only bruises and lacerations, he was checked out by medical personnel before being released back into general population.

[…]

“A lot of people want him dead,” admitted the NPI official.

Those who have found themselves in a lockup with van der Sloot say he bullies other inmates and often instigates arguments and fights.

“Arrogant, cocky, just a total douchebag,” says Emil Quiñones, who served time with van der Sloot when he was extradited to the US to face extortion charges related to Holloway’s family last year. “He walks around jail like he’s the boss. Demands what he wants, treats other guys like s—t. He made a lot of enemies because he’s such an a—hole.”

“He’s always been combative,” adds his childhood friend, Cas Arends. “He has no trouble spouting off and getting in someone’s face. He’s just an aggressive person, always has been. He can hold his own.”

Natalee Holloway killer Joran van der Sloot attacked in a Peruvian jail: ‘A lot of people want him dead’​

Natalee Holloway killer Joran van der Sloot was injured in a violent brawl inside a Peruvian prison where he is serving a 28-year sentence for murder.

The 36-year-old was attacked by two inmates while in a common area of notorious Challapalca Prison, where the country’s most dangerous inmates are held, last week.

Although van der Sloot suffered only bruises and lacerations, he was checked out by medical personnel before being released back into general population.

[…]

Those who have found themselves in a lockup with van der Sloot say he bullies other inmates and often instigates arguments and fights.

“Arrogant, cocky, just a total douchebag,” says Emil Quiñones, who served time with van der Sloot when he was extradited to the US to face extortion charges related to Holloway’s family last year. “He walks around jail like he’s the boss. Demands what he wants, treats other guys like s—t. He made a lot of enemies because he’s such an a—hole.”

“He’s always been combative,” adds his childhood friend, Cas Arends. “He has no trouble spouting off and getting in someone’s face. He’s just an aggressive person, always has been. He can hold his own.”

Oh no! Too bad, so sad. He deserves what he gets. IMO

[…]

A lot of people not in Peru wouldn't be too upset if it happened, either.

[…]

Love some good news.

Greta blasts FBI after rejected FOIA request on Natalee Holloway case: 'Suspicious of a cover-up'​

(The House Judiciary Committee is now involved. 14:45 in video..)

Love some good news.
There’s always been too little good news re Natalee.

I’m surprised this doesn’t happen to him more often. He’s managed to get by in some really horrible places. I’ve assumed some of his allowance goes to guards keeping him safe. I’m glad he was kept alive long enough for Beth to hear what she needed to hear. Now that he’s done I hope the next time we hear about him is when he planted face down in an unmarked grave, in an unknown cemetery.

[…]

Actually he's in prison near Lima not up on the altiplano at Challapalca. He was up there before he was extradited' before his trip to the USA. That was reported a couple of years ago about his being attacked in Challapalca' far to the south east of Lima. There have been articles about his being near Lima now' in Peruvian newspapers like La Republica and El Comercio. Iirc I posted his locality a few pages upthread.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekmtl
Back