ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
222996.jpg

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=864&sid=2489190#counter

That guy's story is so phony. You do not get swept out to sea when you are in shallow water snorkeling. What a load of bull. My 23 yr old started laughing when he heard that excuse. NG was on and he heard the story and cracked up. My son has his scuba license and has done a lot of diving and snorkeling. I have snorkeled but never went diving. Snorkeling is what you do for safety. There is nothing dangerous about it.

That guy's story is so phony. You do not get swept out to sea when you are in shallow water snorkeling. What a load of bull. My 23 yr old started laughing when he heard that excuse. NG was on and he heard the story and cracked up. My son has his scuba license and has done a lot of diving and snorkeling. I have snorkeled but never went diving. Snorkeling is what you do for safety. There is nothing dangerous about it.
My husband and I went snorkeling off of St Lucia, I hated snorkeling cause my feet couldn't touch the bottom but this time they put a snorkeling vest on me, I got enthralled in the coral and before I knew it I had drifted about a mile from the boat, they had to come get me. But the current pushed me sideways, not out to sea. From what I saw of interviews with other women who dated him from the online dating site, he was a scary guy. Apparently the dating site had received numerous complaints, why didn't they remove him. With what we've seen of the Aruba police I'm afraid for her. The FBI guy on NG said they shouldn't be looking in the water, should be doing forensics in the hotel room. I don't think this is going to be good... so sad. Why do women put themselves in such danger. We need a wake up call to women about doing things like this.:banghead:

any dates of birth for either the Missing woman or the "extensive Rap Sheet" guy?? From what I could find on an online FB
they set up, a photo has emerged of the two of them together, or at least the comments say it is them.
As though they dated before, and have known each other (from an online Match Service)

Leomoon - I have asked her brother for her birthdate and will get that to you as soon as possible - thank you for offering to help with your pyschic abilities.

Description
Height: 5'5'' (165 cm)
Weight: 130 lb (59.1 kg)
...Hair color: Blonde (dyed)
Eye color: Brown
Skin color: White
Markings: Tattoos on left shoulder and arm, and one tattoo on right side of rib cage

Per Nancy Grace , her male friends extensive rap sheet consisted of two women having filed complaints against him. No convictions. While the guy is probably hinky, it looks like he is getting railroaded in the media already.

A woman from Frederick, MD is missing in Aruba after she took a trip with a male "friend" to Aruba. Her boyfriend was in Maryland when she was reported missing by her companion on the trip. Her companion is Gary Giordano with an extensive rap sheet on domestic violence.

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2011/08/robyn-gardner-frederick-woman-missing-in-aruba-64854.html

This is so sad, and angers me. I actually went to High school with her. Why don't women check out guy's background before going away with them?? :banghead:

My husband and I went snorkeling off of St Lucia, I hated snorkeling cause my feet couldn't touch the bottom but this time they put a snorkeling vest on me, I got enthralled in the coral and before I knew it I had drifted about a mile from the boat, they had to come get me. But the current pushed me sideways, not out to sea. From what I saw of interviews with other women who dated him from the online dating site, he was a scary guy. Apparently the dating site had received numerous complaints, why didn't they remove him. With what we've seen of the Aruba police I'm afraid for her. The FBI guy on NG said they shouldn't be looking in the water, should be doing forensics in the hotel room. I don't think this is going to be good... so sad. Why do women put themselves in such danger. We need a wake up call to women about doing things like this.:banghead:

Do we know that they are NOT doing forensics in the room?
As far as looking for the body, isn't that standard?

Do we know that they are NOT doing forensics in the room?
As far as looking for the body, isn't that standard?
No I don't know whether they are doing the forensic in the hotel room, I think it was the FBI guys way of saying that this lady didn't go missing snorkeling. imo

While listening to the above video, a couple of things stood out as not being factual.
Baby Beach does have a very safe and serene beach area, however, if a swimmer goes beyond the rocks/borders, it can be dangerous and several people have drowned there in recent years.

Also, the hotels are not close together

The Holiday inn is on Palm Beach and the Renaissance is in the downtown area of Aruba
about as far apart as two hotels can be on that Island

I know neither of these facts make a huge difference, its just more inaccurate reporting

I do hope answers will come quickly

Did she mean maybe the 16th (of august)? Was that when she was supposed to return home? Meet with the boyfriend? :waitasec:

IIRC, she was supposed to return the day after she disappeared.

This confuses me.

Forester, who had fought with Gardner about her trip with Giordano before she departed, says the last words they exchanged were "I love you." Now they're words he hopes to hear once again.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44082...ef=.TkKXCOntP34.like&fb_source=home_multiline

So the bf knew she was going with this Giordano guy? :waitasec:

Per the facebook link, Police just located her car and are on the way to investigate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500