Australia - 3 dead after eating wild mushrooms, Leongatha, Victoria, Aug 2023 #6 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going by what is said by the lawyer questioned by 7News, EP will have a slightly better chance at being granted bail if the committal hearing is heard in Morwell next year. That equals a better chance of being able to see her children imo

Going by what is said by the lawyer questioned by 7News, EP will have a slightly better chance at being granted bail if the committal hearing is heard in Morwell next year. That equals a better chance of being able to see her children imo

I wonder how that would plan out as if she is guilty she has tried to kill off the children’s dad and the grandparents. Why would they want anything to do with her as they age and understand what she has done. Multiple lawyer charges as well doesn’t reflect well on her innocence here IMO.

Obviously she may not be guilty here so I am taking that to into consideration.

I wonder how that would plan out as if she is guilty she has tried to kill off the children’s dad and the grandparents. Why would they want anything to do with her as they age and understand what she has done. Multiple lawyer charges as well doesn’t reflect well on her innocence here IMO.

Obviously she may not be guilty here so I am taking that to into consideration.

I think a lot of kids don't see their parent as allegedly being a killer.

I remember before and after Borce Ristevski's guilty manslaughter plea, their daughter didn't think her dad was guilty of killing her mother, then 'didn't want to think about it' after he pleaded guilty.

At the time, I looked up a bunch of articles about various murders where the child/ren thought and still think their convicted parent is innocent. (I also saw articles where the child/ren had nothing further to do with their murderous parent.)

Daughter stands by her father after he pleads guilty to killing her mother | 60 Minutes Australia

I think a lot of kids don't see their parent as allegedly being a killer.

I remember before and after Borce Ristevski's guilty manslaughter plea, their daughter didn't think her dad was guilty of killing her mother, then 'didn't want to think about it' after he pleaded guilty.

At the time, I looked up a bunch of articles about various murders where the child/ren thought and still think their convicted parent is innocent. (I also saw articles where the child/ren had nothing further to do with their murderous parent.)

Daughter stands by her father after he pleads guilty to killing her mother | 60 Minutes Australia
Keli Lane is a good example of this. She has maintained a very close relationship with her daughter throughout her incarceration. Keli's family don't believe she is guilty.

Keli Lane is a good example of this. She has maintained a very close relationship with her daughter throughout her incarceration. Keli's family don't believe she is guilty.
Yeah, but her dynamics within her family are odd, to put it mildly. Especially with her mother. I don't think we can look at the Lanes for how a conventional family would behave when their family member is charged with murder.

MOO

I am guessing that EP's lawyer thinks she has a better chance of not being committed to trial by having the 3-week committal hearing in her regional area.

Because if she is committed to trial, she will end up in Melbourne's Supreme Court anyway ... for her murder trial.

Although the Supreme Court sometimes travels to regions like Warrnambool, Ballarat, Bendigo or Wangaratta to hear a murder trial. (as per linked article)

One of the principles of Australian law is that a person has a right to be judged by a (geographical) jury of their peers, and that those peers have a right to be able to sit in court and watch the justice system play out on their behalf. Weighed up against the need for the "speedy" prosecution of someone who is innocent unless proven guilty. (as per linked article)

imo

Last edited:
Kind of ironic since she was known to criticise the locals as being naive and uneducated. I guess she might think they'd make better jurors?
No. I think Patterson is gaming this out. She knows the local court docket is full and she’s going to use that length of time to her advantage. My money is on her testing out the odds of Pastor Ian dying before trial so that he can’t testify or be cross-examined.

She’s very intelligent. IMO, she is three steps ahead of the rest of us.

In her own private world, I imagine that she thinks she's smarter than the cops and everyone else. Let's see how that goes once the trial begins.
She’s certainly been an interesting suspect, and now I suppose the accused. Her behaviour since this incident (the mushroom lunch) has occurred has been super strange, and giving legal instructions to extend her incarceration and opt for a local court trial is baffling.

She’s very intelligent. IMO, she is three steps ahead of the rest of us
<modsnip: off topic> Hopefully they can placate her with lots of third year-law student reading material, preferably not even on criminal code. That should throw her for a loop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member