Australia - JS, 32 y.o. man, charged w/ murder of 9 y.o. girl , Mt Wilson, 13 January 2022 #2

Oh well, JS's court cases listed for Friday 21st April 2023 have come and gone, with no news report on what transpired. Perhaps we are to assume that nothing happened on that day, as the 3 matters are listed again for 19th May, 2023.

The 3 matters are still listed for the same, Further Mention (Committal) in Penrith Court.

Oh well, JS's court cases listed for Friday 21st April 2023 have come and gone, with no news report on what transpired. Perhaps we are to assume that nothing happened on that day, as the 3 matters are listed again for 19th May, 2023.

The 3 matters are still listed for the same, Further Mention (Committal) in Penrith Court.

Thanks for checking in, I've been wondering.

19 May
JS has been committed to stand trial in the Supreme Court after pleading not guilty and has been charged with domestic violence-related murder and improperly interfering with a corpse or human remains.

In Penrith Local Court last Friday, his solicitor, Peter Katsoolis, said JS pleaded not guilty to the two charges. Asked by the magistrate to confirm his pleas, Stein, appearing via video link, replied: “Yes, that’s correct.”

The magistrate told JS he was committed for trial in the Supreme Court in Sydney on the murder charge, and the interference charge would remain with the matter as a related count.

Katsoulis said, “He’s maintained his innocence from the outset in relation to these charges, and they’ll be vigorously defended.” He’ll be arraigned in the Supreme Court on July 7.

JS is further charged with two counts of possessing an unregistered firearm, two counts of possessing an unauthorised firearm, possessing ammunition without a licence or permit, and aggravated break and enter in company. Katsoolis said, “discussions are ongoing” and asked for the matter to return to the Local Court on June 2 for a “likely committal on that date”.

He’s also been charged with two counts of possessing child abuse material for unrelated matters. He pleaded not guilty to the charges on Friday and was committed to stand trial in the District Court, where he will be arraigned next month.

Murder charges will be vigorously defended

It will be interesting to read both the District and Supreme Court Judgments following the two trials. You'll be able to read them here. (Unfortunately, unlike Victoria, only Full Court hearings in Canberra will have an audio visual recording).

Trial date set for 6 May 2024, with not guilty plea entered
Trial date set for stepfather of CM over murder of the young schoolgirl
What will be his angle for the "not guilty" plea???

I can only think of 3 possibilities, I previously only thought 2 but added an extra one:

Mental Health
Covering up for someone else
Accidental death/self defence

IMO he is dreaming. It should be a slam dunk prosecution and life in prison. No eligibility for Parole for a minimum 20 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like they are going to take the jury to both the Mt Wilson property and to the Colo River.
It is going to be a long trial, if it goes for the planned 7 weeks.

The jury in next year's trial will spend two days visiting the property and the Colo River location, Stein's lawyer Susan Davenport SC said.
"I have been up to the house in Mount Wilson, it's not all that difficult and has a little stretch of unsealed road but it is mostly sealed," she told Justice Elizabeth Wilson on Friday.
"That's at least three hours each way, and the Colo River is on the Hawkesbury so that'll be a separate excursion."

Jury to visit CM's alleged murder site

Last edited by a moderator:

I can only think of 3 possibilities, I previously only thought 2 but added an extra one:

Mental Health

IMO he is dreaming. It should be a slam dunk prosecution and life in prison. No eligibility for Parole for a minimum 20 years.
I with you, I can't wait to see what angle his defence team takes.

Mental Health

Probably going to say she accidentally shot herself playing with a gun and so he panicked and tried to hide her body. Or she was shot by an intruder and he panicked and tried to hide her.

I'm not sure how prosecution could argue against it but I hope they have some solid arguments and this guy gets what he deserves.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnceAgain
Back