GUILTY AZ - Matthew Vandergriff, 6 wks, tortured to death, Bullhead City, 15 June 2010

I hate reading stuff like this ..... sooooo not fair :(

RIP little man

xx

I have a precious little grandbaby just 4 weeks old, too. She is so tiny and helpless. How could anyone use their hands for anything but to carress such sweetness?

Comments on a news link suggest the male was on probation for an abuse case involving a little girl in 2007..........would this have been avoided if he had done time in that case?

Let me see if I can dig up anything on it.

You always do, dear B!

I got this.

Uncle Mac Barbosa called neighbor and family friend Zac Piper. Barbosa told his sister this was ridiculous and they had to take Mathhew to the hospital. They couldn't because he was sexually assaulted.

At that Piper picked up the car seat and took the baby to the hospital.

http://www.ktnv.com/Global/story.asp?S=12670522

Jonathan Edward Vandergriff

File Date: 07/11/2006
Disposition Date: 07/28/2006

Criminal Damage/Deface - Dismissed

File Date: 07/11/2006
Disposition Date: 08/14/2009

Disorderly Conduct/Fighting - Dismissed
Assault-Intent/Reckless/Injury - Guilty - 5 years probation

File Date: 09/22/2006
Disposition Date: 03/02/2007

Child Physical Abuse - Guilty - Unspecified Probation

File Date: 06/05/2007
Disposition Date: 04/09/2008

Possession of Drug Paraphernalia - Guilty - Unspecified Probation
Possession of Marijuana - Dismissed
3 counts Failure to Appear - Guilty - Unspecified Probation

File Date: 02/25/2008
Disposition Date: 04/09/2008

Criminal Damage/Deface - Dismissed
Assault-Intent/Reckless/Injure - Dismissed
Disorderly Conduct/Fighting - Guilty - Unspecified Probation

File Date: 06/26/2008
Disposition Date: 09/03/2008

Shoplifting - Withdrawn

This breaks my heart. No, he wasn't crying, just trying to.

"He was trying to cry. He couldn't really cry," said family friend, Zachary Piper as he described how he found the baby.

"He had bruising rings around his eyes and his eyes were almost swollen completely shut. He was trying to get his breath, but he had real short sporadic breaths," said Zachary.

Oh yes, after seeing all his previous charges I would for sure tell myself that's just the perfect man to be a father to my children! :furious: :banghead:

Prayers for the little girl and may she grow up to be the woman she was meant to be without these 2 monsters in her life!

So glad the relative acted on what he saw, if not we could be hearing about a missing baby and the truth not known.

VB

I promised God everything under the sun to keep my baby girl here,None of it worked!They took that precious life and tortured his little body and beautiful spirit,Why? Why? My soul bleeds for my lose and their soul bleeds because they got caught.

I promised God everything under the sun to keep my baby girl here,None of it worked!They took that precious life and tortured his little body and beautiful spirit,Why? Why? My soul bleeds for my lose and their soul bleeds because they got caught.

DJ - I'm so very sorry for your pain. I can only imagine the rage you feel when seeing these cases.

You always do, dear B!

I got this.

Uncle Mac Barbosa called neighbor and family friend Zac Piper. Barbosa told his sister this was ridiculous and they had to take Mathhew to the hospital. They couldn't because he was sexually assaulted.

At that Piper picked up the car seat and took the baby to the hospital.

http://www.ktnv.com/Global/story.asp?S=12670522

thank heavens for family friend with a brain, I am SO DISTRAUGHT about this one, but at least, at LEAST in this case there was someone somewhere who gave a damn! if only that were so every time, much less children would be abused so terribly.

Zachary Piper you are completely and totally a hero

Is baby's name matthew then? I wanted to know his name, how awful to deny him love and safety and comfort and then not even give his name...

this reminds me of brianna. these people make me despair and sick.

"I told my sister this is ridiculous, you need to get him to the hospital," said Mac.

But Zachary and Mac say Matthew's parents, 19-year old Staci Barbosa and 23-year old Jonathan Vandergriff didn't want to take him because Matthew had been brutally sexually assaulted.

From the above link.

They couldn't take him to the hospital because he had been brutally sexually assaulted...? That's odd - most parents would take him to the hopsital BECAUSE he was brutally sexually assaulted.

I guess that says a lot about who assaulted him right there, and verifies that they knew it was wrong, or they wouldn't have known to hide it... Seems like this is a fairly open and shut case.

These monsters didn't deserve Matthew, and he surely as heck didn't deserve to have these monsters as "parents."

Way to go, Mr Piper! You are the one bight spot in this tragedy.

R.I.P. Matthew.

I wonder why the Uncle, Mac Barbosa called the neighbor for help? Maybe the Uncle is young? Maybe he was so stunned he had no clue what to do? Maybe he felt threatened by his sister and the children's "father"?

Also, it is mentioned that grandmom has the baby girl. There was a time I'd have said "Where in the he*l was grandmom when this was all going down?" as well as "Nobody saw this? Nobody noticed a brand new baby dehydrated and harmed?" I guess since I'm getting older I see the world doesn't work the way alot of ours does. I know if that was in my family and probably most of ours that a relative would at least have inquired about the newborn.

Unfortunately the world doesn't work that way I now know. Also, as seemingly "normal" the photographs on the Myspace pages are of their first baby I caught a bit of something I wouldn't say was all together honky dorey. Then again maybe suggestive thinking.

bumping up for you michael - I wish I could kiss your lil nose, sweet baby.

how can you sexually assault a one month old? These crimes are unthinkable!!!!
I can't imagine the parents having no empathy or love for this tiny baby. They should get the death penalty and even that is too good for them. What vicious creatures are on this earth in these times.

This case is so disgusting I want to cry. If you google the fathers name a New Times article comes up and there are alot of comments, including a woman that says Jonathan was convicted of molesting her 3 yr old and was given 6 months in prison. The mother here also had a 2 yr old. Sexual abuse is harder to prove on a toddler especially if they cannot communicate. This man was a piece of garbage and why was this couple allowed to leave the hospital with the baby? I also saw a comment on a seperate message board that the father was also possible responsible for a bathtub drowning of another child. Someone that knew this couple had to have known this mans background and mom was stupid to have a baby with him. CPS should have taken the baby at the hospital.

This case is so disgusting I want to cry. If you google the fathers name a New Times article comes up and there are alot of comments, including a woman that says Jonathan was convicted of molesting her 3 yr old and was given 6 months in prison. The mother here also had a 2 yr old. Sexual abuse is harder to prove on a toddler especially if they cannot communicate. This man was a piece of garbage and why was this couple allowed to leave the hospital with the baby? I also saw a comment on a seperate message board that the father was also possible responsible for a bathtub drowning of another child. Someone that knew this couple had to have known this mans background and mom was stupid to have a baby with him. CPS should have taken the baby at the hospital.

CPS shouldn't have had the opportunity to take the baby at the hospital.
This piece of human trash should not have been out reproducing or having access to the rest of society. CPS may have been the most recent to drop the ball, but they aren't the first.

Why are so many people saying the mom was stupid to get involved with him? It sounds like she is just as bad and guilty and it's sad these two monsters found each other but I'm glad they are both behind bars now.

I just think that people might be thinking dumb mom hooked up the wrong guy but it really sounds like she was a monster no matter if she was with him or not.

Poor little baby. I hope their daughter is okay. Poor children. It's so tragic when a baby dies because of their parents, when parents are supposed to be the ones who are doing everything in their power to protect their babies. :(

This reminds me of the Brianna Lopez story..........

How much do you want to bet that drugs are involved.

I have to believe that there is a special place in heaven for these angels.........and a special place in hell for these animals.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supersleuth22
Back