Becky Sue Turner and related

I asked the librarian online and she sent me the same articles we have now.
I did a search on the address, 1404 Tidehaven Road, Fife WA to see when the house was built, who owned it.... thru the library, no info came up. Was this a real house? It is all industrial and surely does not look like at any time a family home was there....

Picture attached.

Attachments

• tidehavenrd.jpg
    tidehavenrd.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 310
I am beginning to wonder whether there ever was an original Becky Sue Turner.

I know how crazy that sounds, but she seems to be almost as much of an enigma as FLEK.

I too was perturbed when I read the short yet blunt email. As if! As if, there were no other resources the Fire Dept could steer me too. Ok, 1971 is a long time ago, but records are eventually microfiched are they not? The other possibility I can come up with is to contact LE in the area, they have to have had records kept. Quite frankly, that gives me more of a nervous stomach contacting them, but... it's just info we need so why not?

400 E 56th St, Tacoma, WA 98404, United States
+1 253-594-7947
Non-emergency number (253) 798-4721
http://www.cityoftacoma.org/government/city_departments/police/

http://www.tpl.lib.wa.us/Default.aspx
I will email the library 'ask a librarian' to see if they can find more information.

Anyone interested in contacting LE? Remember, it's just a project! lol

SK

SK, you can also try non-official and non-traditional groups/associatons, etc. for information. If you do, maybe you don't want to present yourself as doing a project for your child's assignment sort of thing. You can let them know that there was a fire that was of great interest to you for whatever reasons.

http://wahmee.com/tdi_tacoma_fire_buffs.pdf

From this article you could possibly try:
-International Fire Buff Association (do they have a Washington, Tacoma/Fife branch ?)
-The gentleman in the article, he has been a photographer since 1971.

I don't have time to read the entire article, but maybe there are some other sources in there for info.

Hope this helps!

I too was perturbed when I read the short yet blunt email. As if! As if, there were no other resources the Fire Dept could steer me too. Ok, 1971 is a long time ago, but records are eventually microfiched are they not?

{Respectful snip}

Wish I could be more surprised, but I'm not. After all, that Idaho department (forgive me, I forget which one it was) that handled the name change had already purged that request when investigators went looking, and that happened more than 15 years later.

Can't recall--were there any pictures of BST printed/published anywhere?

tcg

I don't know of any photos of BST that were published....
Actually, the fire dept doesn't totally surprise me, but LE should have records most definitely. Anyone willing to make the next step? I have the number above?
I find it odd, FLEK used her name...I just do, it gives me the creeps because FLEK looks almost exactly like TT but the female version. Really!?

did we ever mention that maybe she could be one of BST sisters that survived?

did we ever mention that maybe she could be one of BST sisters that survived?

Lol.... Right on.
This can get so complicated eh? Now for what reason would a surviving sister want.... To be BST .... For a short period of time?

Excellent insight

I have been lurking here for about a week now. I know most angles have been exhausted but there are a few things regarding BST that I can't get past, specifically the death certificate. I have researched the address extensively and simply cannot verify that a house ever existed at 1404 Tidehaven Road. I found a 1965 Atlas for the Tacoma area. The index does not list Tidehaven as a road. The maps in the Atlas do not show the area to be residential. Tidehaven does not exist, although it appears maybe Tidehaven was changed to 34th Ave. at some point. The proximity of the address to highways and the Port of Tacoma makes me doubt that houses ever existed there. It likely has always been industrial. Other oddities on the death certificate are the errors in spelling, birth date, abbreviation on Washington. Something doesn't add up. Has anyone independently verified the newspaper clipping regarding the fire? The only one I have seen is what FLEK had in the strong box. I contacted the historical society of Fife to see if they had a map from around 1970 or any information regarding a fire results g in 3 children's death from 1971. I could go on but I will stop. This woman has been driving me absolutely crazy.

Very odd coincidence: I went to look at the location and realized that the Love's truck stop that I stopped at this past weekend on the way to Portland now occupies that area. Creepy.

That said, it's not impossible that it didn't get redeveloped. I-5 was completed around that time, so it wouldn't surprise me if houses close to the highway eventually got torn down. There is a building that looks like a home a block away that is currently a business (at 12th and 34th) that was built in 1939, so it may have been the last holdout for the area when it was redeveloped.

Not sure how to explain the maps. It looks as if the street name had been changed to 34th at some point. Maybe the writer of article used the older name?

I have been lurking here for about a week now. I know most angles have been exhausted but there are a few things regarding BST that I can't get past, specifically the death certificate. I have researched the address extensively and simply cannot verify that a house ever existed at 1404 Tidehaven Road. I found a 1965 Atlas for the Tacoma area. The index does not list Tidehaven as a road. The maps in the Atlas do not show the area to be residential. Tidehaven does not exist, although it appears maybe Tidehaven was changed to 34th Ave. at some point. The proximity of the address to highways and the Port of Tacoma makes me doubt that houses ever existed there. It likely has always been industrial. Other oddities on the death certificate are the errors in spelling, birth date, abbreviation on Washington. Something doesn't add up. Has anyone independently verified the newspaper clipping regarding the fire? The only one I have seen is what FLEK had in the strong box. I contacted the historical society of Fife to see if they had a map from around 1970 or any information regarding a fire results g in 3 children's death from 1971. I could go on but I will stop. This woman has been driving me absolutely crazy.

Very odd coincidence: I went to look at the location and realized that the Love's truck stop that I stopped at this past weekend on the way to Portland now occupies that area. Creepy.

That said, it's not impossible that it didn't get redeveloped. I-5 was completed around that time, so it wouldn't surprise me if houses close to the highway eventually got torn down. There is a building that looks like a home a block away that is currently a business (at 12th and 34th) that was built in 1939, so it may have been the last holdout for the area when it was redeveloped.

Not sure how to explain the maps. It looks as if the street name had been changed to 34th at some point. Maybe the writer of article used the older name?
The Loves was built in 1973 so obviously there could have been houses there before then. I see the house at 12th and 34th. There is also a hotel at 34th and Pacific Hwy that has been there since the 30s, curious if anyone there would remember anything. I still can't figure out why no one has found any details on the house, tax records, owner info, etc. It's 40 years ago, not 150.

Welcome to Ws. falseedsonbaker, glad you decided to share your thoughts about the case here!

Welcome falseedsonbaker! Glad you decided to join us. Yes, this case is certainly hard to get off your mind. I've been following it for years.

Interesting point on the Tidehaven address. Please keep us posted on anything you find.

Welcome to Ws. falseedsonbaker, glad you decided to share your thoughts about the case here!

there was a pic posted on one of the threads, the house almost was in an indrustral area , like right in front of a factory it was weird , ill try to find it, very odd place for a house!

I wonder if the online records only go back so far, which is fairly common practice. I found a survey for the property in 1973. It doesn't really tell you anything, although Tidehaven is listed as the street. Also, if you look above that parcel on Google Maps earth view, you'll see what looks kinda like an unmarked road. On Bing Maps, the line is made for a road, but it is not named. The survey from 1973 lists it as "Ward Street," and that plat still belongs to the city of Fife. I'm guessing it's another victim of redevelopment.

The Loves was built in 1973 so obviously there could have been houses there before then. I see the house at 12th and 34th. There is also a hotel at 34th and Pacific Hwy that has been there since the 30s, curious if anyone there would remember anything. I still can't figure out why no one has found any details on the house, tax records, owner info, etc. It's 40 years ago, not 150.

Welcome falseedsonbaker! LOL - I can relate to your frustration as I went down many similar rabbit holes with this case. The Death Certificate bothered me so much that I researched the coroner to see if they had been involved in any possible improprieties/scams. So far, I'm thinking that the fire may well have been a scam. Nowhere is there mention of an autopsy or that the bodies were examined. Like others here, I am gobsmacked by how much LK seems to look like the Turner patriarch.

moo

This may be a stupid question and I don't even know if it's possible but - has anyone tried looking at the Wayback machine for that address? My mother in law lived in a house on the edge of such a development for years. When the price and time was finally right, she sold her house and moved. Now, nothing exists to show that there was ever a house there except family memories.

Welcome falseedsonbaker! LOL - I can relate to your frustration as I went down many similar rabbit holes with this case. The Death Certificate bothered me so much that I researched the coroner to see if they had been involved in any possible improprieties/scams. So far, I'm thinking that the fire may well have been a scam. Nowhere is there mention of an autopsy or that the bodies were examined. Like others here, I am gobsmacked by how much LK seems to look like the Turner patriarch.

moo
Does anyone have or remember where that photo is? I know I have seen people mention the resemblance between FLEK and the Turner father, but I don't think I have actually seen the image.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back