Body Language Analysis of Irwin Case Players

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read a study (will try to find it) thta said the average person was only able to tell if someone was lying fifty percent of the time (i.e no better than chance), the best people at being able to detect a lie were secret service agents, but even they on average only scored 65%. i therefore do not think that the average person watching a TV interview can tell anything about whether someone is lying or not.

I read a study (will try to find it) thta said the average person was only able to tell if someone was lying fifty percent of the time (i.e no better than chance), the best people at being able to detect a lie were secret service agents, but even they on average only scored 65%. i therefore do not think that the average person watching a TV interview can tell anything about whether someone is lying or not.

I think that some people are naturally better at picking up non-verbal cues than others are. Some just have a higher tuned BS meter than others. :seeya:

I think that some people are naturally better at picking up non-verbal cues than others are. Some just have a higher tuned BS meter than others. :seeya:

Just like you can tell when your kid is fibbing.

I wonder how Teachers and/or Moms stack up to the lying meter results against secret service agents.

I swear I am both ( teacher and a mom) and after many years have a built- in fine-tuned Crap-O-meter.

I am so suspicious of all (teens ( and adolescent behavior especially) ...what can I say? I just know when they are lying, stalling.
I would love to be part of a scientific study. Moms vs. Polygraphs.
;-X

I wonder how Teachers and/or Moms stack up to the lying meter results against secret service agents.

I swear I am both ( teacher and a mom) and after many years have a built- in fine-tuned Crap-O-meter.

I am so suspicious of all (teens ( and adolescent behavior especially) ...what can I say? I just know when they are lying, stalling.
I would love to be part of a scientific study. Moms vs. Polygraphs.
;-X

BBM
I'm sorry that your suspicious of all teens because I don't feel that they deserve that blanket assessment. I can agree that "some" teens should be under suspicion because of their behavior, but not all of them.

It's prejudices like this that make me wonder about the validity of body language and statement analysis.

BBM
I'm sorry that your suspicious of all teens because I don't feel that they deserve that blanket assessment. I can agree that "some" teens should be under suspicion because of their behavior, but not all of them.

It's prejudices like this that make me wonder about the validity of body language and statement analysis.

All kids and teens need to be scrutinized. I can't trust a parent who says, "Not my kid". If they don't have a healthy dose of suspicion concerning their children, they are looney tunes. Every child will try to get away with something at one time or another. It is up to the parents to be on top of them. Those that don't, I don't trust. I have met some who believe so hard in their children and all the positive qualities and nothing negative, that it not normal or good for the child.

....cindy anthony comes to mind.

All kids and teens need to be scrutinized. I can't trust a parent who says, "Not my kid". If they don't have a healthy dose of suspicion concerning their children, they are looney tunes. Every child will try to get away with something at one time or another. It is up to the parents to be on top of them. Those that don't, I don't trust. I have met some who believe so hard in their children and all the positive qualities and nothing negative, that it not normal or good for the child.

....cindy anthony comes to mind.

The point that I was trying to make is being suspicious of any group of people just because of who they are and not by what evidence there is that would arouse suspicion is being prejudiced.
prej·u·dice (prj-ds)
n.
a. An adverse judgment or opinion formed beforehand or without knowledge or examination of the facts.
b. A preconceived preference or idea.
2. The act or state of holding unreasonable preconceived judgments or convictions. See Synonyms at predilection.
3. Irrational suspicion or hatred of a particular group, race, or religion.
4. Detriment or injury caused to a person by the preconceived, unfavorable conviction of another or others

Now if someone is suspicious of a teen because of something they have done in the past or even because of their "body language" (if you believe in it) then that would be a fair reason to be suspicious of them.

I'm not for blanket statements about groups of people, whether the statements paint a group of people in a positive or a negative light. JMO.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/prejudice

has this been posted?

very interesting... especially the analyses of their supposed "closeness" and JI's mouth shrug i.e. when tacopina says "optimistic" and "pray" and jeremy says "no"

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cm3_ttvrweg"]Lisa Irwin Parents New Interview - My Body Language Analysis. MUST SEE. GMA. CJB - YouTube[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member