Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #6 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seem to be playing devils advocate today on WS (pun?) and not really meaning to....

I can imagine a retired priest lives and breaths his religion and possibly is just talking about what he knows. He's also a really good friend of the family so I can see him trying everything in his power to not only make his friends look good but also his religion? idk

Yours as well as PrairieW take on it is likely spot on. Retired, babbling and wanting to contribute something. I really don’t believe he is being devious or playing the role of an attorney.

I didn’t realize that Wilbur is on staff at the family church, though ‘In residence’.

I think he is in retirement. May not conduct mass anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes that’s how the latimes article stated it.
His designation is Monsignor Wilbur Davis. Even not actively conducting mass he is still featured & photographed on the same staff registry with the others who are active. There isn’t an official noted reference of retirement, it reads ‘in residence’. Just all the more reason he should not be talking.

IMO going to Church daily would heavily influence your morals to what the church believes

Just a fun fact because I don't know much about Catholics and what is required...

Pew research shows 39% Catholics attend church at least once a week with Jehovah's Witnesses at 85% being the highest.

Any actual theories based on what we know on what actually happened that night? Other than speculation on Catholicism, Confession, Sacrament, and the Priest? Not trying to sound rude at all.

Any actual theories based on what we know on what actually happened that night? Other than speculation on Catholicism, Confession, Sacrament, and the Priest? Not trying to sound rude at all.

Nothing other than what SW himself said which is in question at this point. That's why the discussion on Catholicism, Confession, Sacrament and the Priest:).

Snipped:
SW is named after the OT prophet, a leader of ancient Israel whose story is highlighted in the Old Testament...says Davis the priest. WHO SAYS THAT!? Even if it is true!? Who cares who he was named after!? I’m actually thinking this banter is a positive because it’s such an obvious and failed attempt to make SW look holy. I’m also wondering why he felt led to tag on “ANCIENT ISRAEL”, is that an attempt to dispel racism? ‘SAMUEL, OT prophet’ is sufficient for name reference.

http://www.latimes.com/socal/daily-pilot/news/tn-dpt-me-woodward-charges-20180117-story.html

That smacks of the inference that SW can't be racist because he's named after a Jewish person.

We don't know they were fanatical, do we? We know that they are devout enough to attend daily mass.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Personally, if I were a therapist, and had to listen to everyone else’s problems, anxieties, concerns and issues all day, I think I’d seek support for myself as well. Maybe that was her support system.

IMO going to Church daily would heavily influence your morals to what the church believes

While murdering someone IS a grave mortal sin in RCC, being gay is not a sin rather its considered *being intrinsically disordered and LGB individuals are supposed to be celibate. So I can't see where they would think BB deserved being killed. I wonder what their reaction would be to knowing their son was gay.

My my son was denied confirmation into the Catholic Church unless he vowed to the bishop "to try and lead a celibate life and fight his sexual orientation within him " literally that is what our family was told ... so we left the Catholic Church. I wonder what SW family would do

Nothing other than what SW himself said which is in question at this point. That's why the discussion on Catholicism, Confession, Sacrament and the Priest:).

I just don't really see how it adds to the conversation. Unless we're talking motive, as in his religion somehow motivated him. Other than that I just see comments like daily attendants to Mass are "fanatical", somehow the Priest had a motive in his words which were probably just observations, and speculation on Confession and Sacrement. Again, not trying to be rude at all. And this is just my opinion.

I just don't really see how it adds to the conversation. Unless we're talking motive, as in his religion somehow motivated him. Other than that I just see comments like daily attendants to Mass are "fanatical", somehow the Priest had a motive in his words which were probably just observations, and speculation on Confession and Sacrement. Again, not trying to be rude at all. And this is just my opinion.

Glad you are voicing your opinion. Hate crimes towards homosexuals influenced by religion are not too uncommon. My point is if his family is one that goes to church EVERYDAY, the church influence obviously must be a big one (unless they are doing it for show and i dont think so). SO my comment was maybe SW felt the ease to stab BB after a stolen kiss or rejection (whatever it is) because he views homosexuality as inherently bad. (thus his own closetness too)

The conversation is not meant to offend catholics but look at how it would influence someones perception of another, especially homosexuality.

I agree. There is a reason the site owner prefers we don't get into religious discussion. It's a lose lose situation, and the comments about Catholicism are mostly uninformed and offbase.

I think his religious upbringing probably had a lot to do with how hateful he felt about his same sex attractions and contributed to his anger. Stabbing someone 22 times is intense hatred and rage. It speaks towards motive imo.

What is uninformed and offbase?

https://www.catholic.com/tract/homosexuality

Every human being is called to receive a gift of divine sonship, to become a child of God by grace. However, to receive this gift, we must reject sin, including homosexual behavior—that is, acts intended to arouse or stimulate a sexual response regarding a person of the same sex. The Catholic Church teaches that such acts are always violations of divine and natural law.

The conversation is not meant to offend catholics but look at how it would influence someones perception of another, especially homosexuality.

With all due respect, that could be a thread entirely on its own and such a potentially divisive subject would require facts and data to support the idea that having devout Catholic parents could potentially lead to a person stabbing a gay man more than 20 times. JMO

I think his religious upbringing probably had a lot to do with how hateful he felt about his same sex attractions and contributed to his anger. Stabbing someone 22 times is intense hatred and rage. It speaks towards motive imo.

I agree. We are not bashing catholicism, stating facts and likely influences. Akin to talking about someones past with parents

With all due respect, that could be a thread entirely on its own and such a potentially divisive subject would require facts and data to support the idea that having devout Catholic parents could potentially lead to a person stabbing a gay man more than 20 times. JMO

Divisive subject? It literally states it in the catholic.com description. Its a fact that christianity historically has not been kind to homosexuals. Conversion camps exist for that sole purpose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BJarv