CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh...and is it known if Mr. H's vehicle may have been 'borrowed' to run any errands during that time?

Bob's keys were missing. Bet the car keys were on them. I know a construction worker who is not a studious type at all. But ask him what was the licence plate of that vehicle that did the funny parking stuff in front of him 10 years ago in this particular street, he'll tell you. Probaly recall the details of the wheel trims too.

There may have been workers in Bob's street that day. I hope someone's found them.

Bob's car on the drive. In my album if you want to see it bigger.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 17
Car in relation to left side of house

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 13
so keys are missing? But I assume there must have been a spare set of keys for the car some where inside? It has been used/moved at some point in the last four yrs? Still there? Sold? or what?
wonder if someone stuck'em in their pocket and forgot they had them?

And what a lucky man Bob is for having her as the one family member fighting to bring him home.

I'm not surprised to read, once again, Bob's daughters didn't respond to the request for comments.

still have lots of catching up to do on this thread, wow, 4 new pages since I last was online!

There you are! I promise if you can link those pics of Bob's house just once more, I will never ask you again.

so keys are missing? But I assume there must have been a spare set of keys for the car some where inside? It has been used/moved at some point in the last four yrs? Still there? Sold? or what?
wonder if someone stuck'em in their pocket and forgot they had them?

Daughters 'agreed', nicely I'm sure, that Bob's car was indeed one of the few things Bob owned and Mrs Harrod should keep it. Whether she had the keys to it or not, I don't know. I would be very surprised if Bob hadn't kept spare keys for his car somewhere.

Just guessing yet again but - if Mrs Harrod had possession of the car, I'd think police were allowed to go through it with a fine toothcomb, as many times as they required.

Daughters 'agreed', nicely I'm sure, that Bob's car was indeed one of the few things Bob owned and Mrs Harrod should keep it. Whether she had the keys to it or not, I don't know. I would be very surprised if Bob hadn't kept spare keys for his car somewhere.

In, um...39 years of vehicle ownership in the US, I have never gotten a car from a dealership that did not come with two sets of keys. Back in the day, a high security car meant that there was a separate key for the boot from the ignition and I always got four keys total: 2 ignition, 2 boot.

It is my impression that most people do exactly what I've always done: used one set of keys and stuck the other set in the junk drawer in the kitchen where all sorts of odds and ends can be found.

( wish me luck- trying to get this powerpoint to a video to you tube, yikes)

(eta it says its loading, whatever that means lol)

Mrs Harrod noticing damage is no way going to be a leaking shower or toilet that was leaking a bit more when she returned. No-one calls that damage. It has got to be something broken, and then repaired or replaced. Ceramics, or a door, or a handle.

So that's toilet, cistern, cistern lid, bath and basin. Or floor tiles. (ceramics)

Or door, window glass, window frame or shower curtain/screen.

Repaired badly too, otherwise she would not have noticed. So that was either because the person doing the repairs couldn't get a match from the local hardware store, or they were in too much of a hurry to repair the damage properly.

BBM~~~

Exactly!

Today must be my day for melancholia. A friend and I were trading links to Youtube music videos and I realised that this should have been Bob and Fontelle's song:

Kathy Mattea - Eighteen Wheels And A Dozen Roses - YouTube

He surely worked hard and long in his life. He should have been able to spend the rest of it with the woman he loved.

ETA: This is the verse that really hit home:

With pieces of the old dream
They're gonna light the old flame
Doin' what they please
Leavin every other reason behind

Someone was afraid that Bob and Fontelle would do just that.

Ummph. Not available in Germany. I can imagine how nice it is though.

with out further ado I present Robert Harrod Missing...

a) I have never done this sort of thing before
b) had really good suggestions from the team- but decided to KISSre
(keep it simple Sre)
c) i think i have carpal shoulder syndrome
d) I have never done this sort of thing before.........it's a start:)
no sound btw...maybe on another?

For you Mr. H

Robert Harrod Missing - YouTube

Oh dear, even the president of the OC Register can't help with the problem that stops anyone in Germany paying them to read their paper. I hope their firewall designer works overtime. Because they are working on it, it seems....

There's a big German community in OC. I wonder how they feel about the folks back home not being able to keep up with what's going on where the relatives live? The OC Register does respond quickly, wherever you are though. That's nice.

(keep it simple Sre)

For you Mr. H

Jolly well done! It can even be viewed in Germany!

(ugh was going to give a different link if you tube didn't work but issues with it)

Sure, that's wonderful!

Thank you so very much!

Go, Team Robert!

I have said this before in jest, but now it is in all seriousness-the first one to the OC D.A. wins here. The very first one.

OC Cold Case which has a 5 star solve rate is working this case, which means it is also on the radar of the OC DA. IMO.

PPD has indicated that this is a suspicious homicide and that Bob may have known his attacker.

We have a possible crime scene inside of the house.

It is time to start digging deep and giving up the information that can solve this...I mean, the people who have it have to think about saving themselves or saving their loved ones.

:( I really hate this case.

snipped for brevity

believe< I concur

I agree also, however I firmly believe not one of them will come forward with the thought they're invincible and untouchable. How many times did Bob's daughters slam PPD? Why should we think their behavior will be any different when it comes to OC Cold Case department?

(keep it simple Sre)

For you Mr. H

Very, very nice. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics