CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone else see it?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 19
Something struck me: I think most people believe that bones are always white. And that is partially true in that yes, bones are often bleached white. But they can also be other colours from a dark mahogany shade to red (if buried in red clay soil) to tan to grey.

Does anyone think it might be helpful in Bob's case (and many others whose bodies are thought to be outside) to make a powerpoint presentation geared to outdoor hobbyists gently educating them as to the different colours and ways that bones are discovered in situ?

Frankly, people being people, I have a feeling that if someone did such a powerpoint video, it would probably go viral as teens across the world tuned in for the thrill value.

I think if it was respectfully done and came with a warning at the top before people scrolled down, it might be useful. One other thing I think would be difficult for many people would be deciding if an individual bone belonged to an animal or a person, unless it was from a very obvious part of the body.

Can anyone else see it?

I see it, but I also wonder who does Bob's lawn and if it is done with a larger commercial type lawn mower (for lack of a better word). Those larger mowers I see lawn care companies push often leave tire marks.

I'm thinking of something like this:

stand_on_commercial_mower.jpg

http://www.better-lawn-care.com/commercial-lawn-mowers.html#axzz2ahJxhYKn

These things always leave tire marks.

The Rio Honda bike trail where the remains have been found seems to be right in town. I don't think this can be Bob, as it wouldn't makes sense to me for someone to have driven into busy areas, rather than away from them.

I hope some other family gets to bring their loved one home though, with this discovery.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    323.2 KB · Views: 5
I see it, but I also wonder who does Bob's lawn and if it is done with a larger commercial type lawn mower (for lack of a better word). Those larger mowers I see lawn care companies push often leave tire marks.

I'm thinking of something like this:

stand_on_commercial_mower.jpg

http://www.better-lawn-care.com/commercial-lawn-mowers.html#axzz2ahJxhYKn

These things always leave tire marks.

Good point. I can't recall anything ever being mentioned about Bob having a gardener. It would be interesting to know, although I guess if there was one and they had any information, they would have come forward by now?

You never know for sure where he was dumped so I keep a look out for bodies found in the general area since in CA, we travel to go just about anywhere. It's nothing to have a job that takes an hour or so to get to.

On the news when they showed it, it was down a hill off a road that the body was found. Someone decided it was safe enough to dump a body there. I won't post any more reports of bodies found in this area if it's a problem.

You never know for sure where he was dumped so I keep a look out for bodies found in the general area since in CA, we travel to go just about anywhere. It's nothing to have a job that takes an hour or so to get to.

On the news when they showed it, it was down a hill off a road that the body was found. Someone decided it was safe enough to dump a body there. I won't post any more reports of bodies found in this area if it's a problem.

It's not a problem! Please post any reports of remains that are found in the area. You never know!

Attached are two actual police photos of the upstairs hall bathroom that I pulled from the Disappeared episode.

I wonder if JuM replaced the toilet, just the tank, etc. I was just looking at toilets/tanks sold at Home Depot. American Standard and Kohler seem to be the most common brands sold at HD. Can anyone tell from the pictures of Bob's bathroom what kind of toilet it is?

http://www.homedepot.com/Bath-Toilets-Toilet-Seats-Bidets-Toilets/h_d1/N-5yc1vZ25ecodZbzbd/h_d2/Navigation?catalogId=10053&Nu=P_PARENT_ID&langId=-1&storeId=10051&searchNav=true#/?c=1

For one particular Kohler toilet (high efficiency round in white for $139.00), the reviews talk about a problem with the seal. Example below.

The seal between the bowl and the tank is a massive design flaw.
Sure it was easy to install, but to get the tank level and sealed properly was the tricky part.
I check on the "seal" every few days. To make sure it is not dripping.
No more Kohler for this guy.

Attachments

• Upstairs Hall Bathroom.pdf
    135.2 KB · Views: 36
Can anyone else see it?

I can see a mark on the lawn but it looks to me like it lines up exactly with where Bob's car was parked.

As to whether Bob was likely to have done it, that would require personal knowledge of Bob's driving habits. Some people do tend to cut little corners, particularly if the sun is in their eyes or at night and some people never go outside the lines.

It wouldn't surprise me if Bob had a lawn service, BTW. He had bad knees so I doubt he pushed his own mower. It's not just the mowing, lawn care also entails doing the trimming which can take even more walking, bending and reaching than the mowing requires.

I think what I really mean to say is that it would surprise me if Bob did his own routine lawn care, considering his physical condition and the cheapness of such services.

No, it's no problem at all. It is great to have everyone keeping their eyes and ears open, and we usually have a bit of discussion about the degree of probability. Hope I didn't give the impression I have any more knowledge about this subject than anyone else, as I certainly don't!

I think if it was respectfully done and came with a warning at the top before people scrolled down, it might be useful. One other thing I think would be difficult for many people would be deciding if an individual bone belonged to an animal or a person, unless it was from a very obvious part of the body.

Oh, I wouldn't even try to teach people how to differentiate between animal and human bones. I'd encourage them to report any bones found without even trying to guess whether they were animal or human. I'd also remind them that even if their find is "only" animal bones, there are often field biologists who research such things and rely on tips from the public as relayed via LE for some of their field finds.

My ex-husband started grad school as a field biologist and we used to get quite excited when a tip would come in about certain bird species found dead on road by the public. Not that we wished the birds ill but his dissertation proposal involved research with such finds.

I, for one, appreciate it when you post those reports and I am sorry I never took the time to tell you so before. One benefit is that I am slowly filling up a mental databank with the ways such finds are made, in hopes that I will get ideas for more groups of people to reach out to.

And... if that area was known as a place where there was a homeless encampment, that might actually attract someone who was a bold type of perp. It is a long chance but whoever did this was good enough or lucky enough to avoid having Bob's body found for this long, so wherever it is found will probably seem initially like a long shot.

It looks like there is a tyre track across it, right in the corner, nearest to Bob's car. That's the sort of thing I'd do if I was reversing off a drive and there was another car parked beside me that I wanted to make sure I avoided.

Bob wasn't supposed to have driven anywhere Monday though. I wonder how long tyre marks on a lawn would last?

Funny thing for Bob to do though, ruining his lawn.

I think looking at those tracks you might be able to see the arc which this formed from the driveway side veering to the left . If you follow the line around the divet (cut hole) near the footpath you will see other arcs in the grass.
It could be from a mower - or newly laid rolled grass that has had time to settle in and take. It could be from a ride on mower as they have a tendency to leave more than 1 arc because of the wheels - (like in the photo posted above).
Just a thought...

Please post anything you find. I spent the last 6 years on a case that could have been solved in days if they hadnt mischaracterized the race of the Jane Doe and if they had bothered to enter the prints they took in NCIS.

I would rather have too many people to consider regardless of the circumstances as opposed to none.

Thank you for staying vigilant Seajay.

Attached are two actual police photos of the upstairs hall bathroom that I pulled from the Disappeared episode.

I wonder if JuM replaced the toilet, just the tank, etc. I was just looking at toilets/tanks sold at Home Depot. American Standard and Kohler seem to be the most common brands sold at HD. Can anyone tell from the pictures of Bob's bathroom what kind of toilet it is?

http://www.homedepot.com/Bath-Toilets-Toilet-Seats-Bidets-Toilets/h_d1/N-5yc1vZ25ecodZbzbd/h_d2/Navigation?catalogId=10053&Nu=P_PARENT_ID&langId=-1&storeId=10051&searchNav=true#/?c=1

For one particular Kohler toilet (high efficiency round in white for $139.00), the reviews talk about a problem with the seal. Example below.

The seal between the bowl and the tank is a massive design flaw.
Sure it was easy to install, but to get the tank level and sealed properly was the tricky part.
I check on the "seal" every few days. To make sure it is not dripping.
No more Kohler for this guy.

Help me out a little-in the second photo from down the stairs...it is hard to see because of the white doorjamb and the white door, but is the door wider on the bottom than on the top? KWIM? As if it were hung crookedly?

Maybe I havent had enough coffee.

wow y'all have been busy:)
Yes it's does kinda look like a tire track , where a car cut the corner pulling in/out. Those yards aren't terribly big, would one need to use a larger type commercial mower on them?

Good thought on who was doing the lawn mowing at that point in time, when they were there last prior to/around when Mr. H disappeared.

A video about remains/weathering, etc?? Hmm well I know I have read a bit on the subject.

Seajay Please continue to put any news you find of remains being found...until Mr. H IS found, no one really knows where he is. ...well with an exception of course
. I looked at the map ...Lincoln is kinda of creepy along in there...the only thing that gives me pause, is to get to those bushes from Lincoln, IMO it would mean crossing over the paved bike trail itself...hmmm.
AND I did notice Mr. Michaelson seemed a little clueless about Missing in the area at :55...but Hey, I am fixing to fix that problem:)

I think looking at those tracks you might be able to see the arc which this formed from the driveway side veering to the left . If you follow the line around the divet (cut hole) near the footpath you will see other arcs in the grass.
It could be from a mower - or newly laid rolled grass that has had time to settle in and take. It could be from a ride on mower as they have a tendency to leave more than 1 arc because of the wheels - (like in the photo posted above).
Just a thought...

Thank you FigTree! Great to see you drop in! We don't have to run any translations in this thread, but we still have to do a lot of interpretation, if you know what I mean...

Clarify: Of things said by others elsewhere, not by our posters of course!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ceishen637