CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree also, however I firmly believe not one of them will come forward with the thought they're invincible and untouchable. How many times did Bob's daughters slam PPD? Why should we think their behavior will be any different when it comes to OC Cold Case department?

It seems to me that it is more in the nature of a fair warning. I don't think information from any single family member is crucial to solving this case but I do think that every family member (except perhaps AH's children) has information that could contribute to solving the case faster.

Going to the Orange County DA before the case is solved may well save that one person from spending time in prison. It is an inherently time limited opportunity, though; as soon as LE can make a convincing case to the DA, the DA will go hunting and it will then be too late.

Hey, SRE ~

Received an email from my friend Don at KTLA. You are really on the ball!
He sent me the info you sent them and I am proud of you. It came across the assignment desk.
I have been asking about this case being renewed by KTLA for quite awhile. Now there is more interest with the Bob's 4th anniversary of being gone. Hopefully your impetus will spur on the mission.
No signs here in Monrovia of any marking by local family of the event. When I catch up in the thread, if there are posters created I will definitely print and post them in my area.

P.S. No sign of RB's ex/husband/ex/husband. Not a peep in a very long time.
Thank you!

not posting much lately but still on #TeamBobHarrod :)

Hope for movement. Its been too long with Fontelle not knowing.

Hey, SRE ~

Received an email from my friend Don at KTLA. You are really on the ball!
He sent me the info you sent them and I am proud of you. It came across the assignment desk.
I have been asking about this case being renewed by KTLA for quite awhile. Now there is more interest with the Bob's 4th anniversary of being gone. Hopefully your impetus will spur on the mission.
No signs here in Monrovia of any marking by local family of the event. When I catch up in the thread, if there are posters created I will definitely print and post them in my area.

P.S. No sign of RB's ex/husband/ex/husband. Not a peep in a very long time.
Thank you!

charminglane is in the house! Thank you for sharing this with the rest of us too.

I hope that Tex is safe and well.

ETA: Tell Don to move on it :D. CBS aired their piece last night and it seemed to include a status change from PPD. It is being called a suspicious homicide now. Plus OC Cold Case Squad has signed on to help.

charminglane, if there are local outdoor enthusiast stores like REI in your area, maybe they would agree to put up a poster? Is there anything around in that area?

Still not caught up with the morning posts. But wanted to share before I caught up.

Cold case missing person, There has been an arrest in Coral Pearl Hall's missing persons case, just shy of the 15th anniversary of her disappearance. Her body has not been found, but her grandmother has been arrested for murder in connection with Coral's disappearace.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53657&page=15

Never say never. It's never too late to solve a cold case, and there is no statute of limitations on murder. Body or not.

charminglane, if there are local outdoor enthusiast stores like REI in your area, maybe they would agree to put up a poster? Is there anything around in that area?

Great idea! There is a ginormous REI in Arcadia. I will ask on on Friday on my day off!!!!
I'm also going to post one at the VFW, the Elks and the Legion.
Monrovia canyon Park. It might inspire some extracurricular hikers!

Thanks for the warm welcome. Puter problems at home.:banghead:

You are all just amazing!

Many thanks to sre and any and all others who provided information for the youtube. Lots of good information there. Hope it goes viral.

Still not caught up with the morning posts. But wanted to share before I caught up.

Cold case missing person, There has been an arrest in Coral Pearl Hall's missing persons case, just shy of the 15th anniversary of her disappearance. Her body has not been found, but her grandmother has been arrested for murder in connection with Coral's disappearace.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53657&page=15

Never say never. It's never too late to solve a cold case, and there is no statute of limitations on murder. Body or not.

It's about time. Hat's off to the hard working people that never gave up on Coral's case. I am so not surprised her grandmother seems to have been at the center of it all.

Great idea! There is a ginormous REI in Arcadia. I will ask on on Friday on my day off!!!!
I'm also going to post one at the VFW, the Elks and the Legion.
Monrovia canyon Park. It might inspire some extracurricular hikers!

Thanks for the warm welcome. Puter problems at home.:banghead:

You are all just amazing!

:blowkiss: We are happy you are back. Let us know if these places are receptive.

Interesting insight into the Coral Hall investigation:

Leyton called the situation “a bit of an unusual case,” as Hall’s body has not been found. In cold cases, he said evidence is presented “From time to time and we tell the investigators where we need additional evidence.”
“It’s never the first time you’ve heard the case,” he said when a charge is brought, while declining to get into specifics of this investigation. “There are multiple meetings required.”

According to Disappeared, IIRC, L if you are facing the house and R if you are facing the driveway...I think, anyway.

Wasn't Bob's Camry parked on the left? I thought the Camry was on the left and anyone parking in drive would be to the right of Bob's car, also nearest the fence between Bob's home and the home closest to the garage.

Ummph. Not available in Germany. I can imagine how nice it is though.

I'm sorry, zwie.

if you do a Youtube search on "Kathy Mattea 18 Wheels and a Dozen Roses" you might find a version playable in Germany.

Kathy Mattea has a voice that reminds me of a fine cello. Gorgeous, lots of depth and resonance, and she sings from the heart.

Interesting insight into the Coral Hall investigation:

Leyton called the situation “a bit of an unusual case,” as Hall’s body has not been found. In cold cases, he said evidence is presented “From time to time and we tell the investigators where we need additional evidence.”
“It’s never the first time you’ve heard the case,” he said when a charge is brought, while declining to get into specifics of this investigation. “There are multiple meetings required.”

Veeery insightful. I'm sure Bob's case is being investigated in the same manner. It would be interesting to know how many meetings have occured between the detectives handling Bob's case and the OCDA.

Wasn't Bob's Camry parked on the left? I thought the Camry was on the left and anyone parking in drive would be to the right of Bob's car, also nearest the fence between Bob's home and the home closest to the garage.

I'd call this the left side.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 17
I wonder who mowed Bob's lawn? And when it was last done?

It looks like there is a tyre track across it, right in the corner, nearest to Bob's car. That's the sort of thing I'd do if I was reversing off a drive and there was another car parked beside me that I wanted to make sure I avoided.

Bob wasn't supposed to have driven anywhere Monday though. I wonder how long tyre marks on a lawn would last?

Funny thing for Bob to do though, ruining his lawn.

oh...and is it known if Mr. H's vehicle may have been 'borrowed' to run any errands during that time?

Bumping this because this would be another reason why tyre tracks might have been left on the lawn. Unfamiliarity with reversing a vehicle off Bob's side of the drive.

Something struck me: I think most people believe that bones are always white. And that is partially true in that yes, bones are often bleached white. But they can also be other colours from a dark mahogany shade to red (if buried in red clay soil) to tan to grey.

Does anyone think it might be helpful in Bob's case (and many others whose bodies are thought to be outside) to make a powerpoint presentation geared to outdoor hobbyists gently educating them as to the different colours and ways that bones are discovered in situ?

Frankly, people being people, I have a feeling that if someone did such a powerpoint video, it would probably go viral as teens across the world tuned in for the thrill value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shoegazergirl