CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST* #5

California's 'Golden State Killer' sentenced to life in prison | Toronto Sun
joseph-james-deangelo-e1598033057762.jpg

''SACRAMENTO — A former California police officer was sentenced to life in prison on Friday for a string of 1970s and ’80s murders and rapes attributed to the so-called “Golden State Killer” and solved through the use of public genealogy websites.

Joseph James DeAngelo, 74, was ordered to serve life in prison without the possibility of parole in a Sacramento courtroom following four days of emotional hearings in which victims or their family members confronted him in open court.''

Just finished watching both feeds and wow- I’m shocked he actually spoke but I’m wondering if he spoke to torment his victims as it’s been so many years since they last heard his voice. That pathetic ‘I’m really sorry’ was just an insult. The only reason he spoke was so the victims would be reminded of his evil voice. Some extremely powerful statements in there, I noticed Judge well up several times and I was also crying through some of them. So incredibly brave. May Deangelo rot in ****

Maybe this was his way of getting the last word in, since before being sent away by the judge he got to speak. Whatever his motivation, it was self-serving. He has not a genuine honest bone in his body, so I wouldn't believe anything he said.

IMO

He said "I'm sorry"...well...I don't find anything strange or weird in that.
Of course he's sorry. He thought he would have died in his bed as a free man and now he's a lifer.
If I were him I would be sorry too... (sorry for myself I mean)

No apology is going to suffice. I don’t think he is truly remorseful, I don’t think any serial killers are.

I will say that acknowledging that he heard all the VIS was important. It took great effort for those people to appear and speak, and he said their words were heard.

It doesn’t absolve him in the least, but it may have been important for some people. It’s not for us to judge.

I also think that if he said nothing, the criticism would be just as loud.

KTVU
@KTVU

·
22 Aug

"The defendant deserves no mercy." Judge sentences 74-y/o former police officer, dubbed #GoldenStateKiller, to multiple life prison sentences

Golden State Killer sentenced to life for 26 rapes, slayings
ktvu.com

Matthew Keys

@MatthewKeysLive

·

21 Aug

NEW: #GoldenStateKiller Joseph DeAngelo appeared frail in court, but the Sacramento County DA's office has released jailhouse surveillance video showing him exercising and climbing on cell furniture to counter that narrative. [Sacramento County DA]

Twitter

(Jailhouse video at above link)

He didn't need the wheelchair.

Last edited:
Golden State Killer’s apology during sentencing deepens mystery for victims, family
“I think that he is truly diabolical and he is constantly masked, whether it’s a physical mask, a disguise in the voice, the role of a decent guy in the community and having people around him who love him,” said Debbi Domingo McMullan, the daughter of murder victim Cheri Domingo.''

''DeAngelo’s family members broke their silence in the case, writing in letters read to the judge that the “monster,” “devil,” “beast” and “madman” described by prosecutors is the polar opposite of the man that one niece saw as a loving father figure and another as her “hero” who took her camping and fishing.''

''DeAngelo’s sister and a close friend each wrote that he was abused as a boy by an emotionally distant, disciplinarian father.
Prosecutors said they had found no evidence of abuse, but Sacramento County District Attorney Anne Marie Schubert said they learned he was a teenager “who was blowing up animals, who was breaking into homes.”

''His ex-wife, Sacramento attorney Sharon Huddle, said in her own court filing that she was fooled by his excuses of working nights, leaving for pheasant hunts and visiting his parents, though many victims have wondered aloud how she could not have known of her husband’s double life.''

“We’re all props in his big story, where he’s always been a criminal underneath.”

KTVU
@KTVU

·
22 Aug

"The defendant deserves no mercy." Judge sentences 74-y/o former police officer, dubbed #GoldenStateKiller, to multiple life prison sentences

Golden State Killer sentenced to life for 26 rapes, slayings
ktvu.com

Matthew Keys

@MatthewKeysLive

·

21 Aug

NEW: #GoldenStateKiller Joseph DeAngelo appeared frail in court, but the Sacramento County DA's office has released jailhouse surveillance video showing him exercising and climbing on cell furniture to counter that narrative. [Sacramento County DA]

Twitter

(Jailhouse video at above link)

He didn't need the wheelchair.

He can't fool us any more!

Last edited:
I missed that. When was that stated?

It was mentioned by various people during the final 2 days of the sentencing hearing last week, including a few of the survivors. His behavior was an act, but the wheelchair specifically, was not because he couldn't walk.

If you notice at the initial hearing or 2 right after he was caught, he was walking and standing up in that cage they have in the jailhouse courtroom. The security in that specific courtroom was superlative because of the cage, and the only way in to that courtroom for any prisoner is through a special doorway that leads them right into the cage.

https://www.oxygen.com/crime-news/joseph-deangelos-daughter-claims-he-was-selfless

NASA StarChild

Golden State Killer's Daughter Portrays Father As ‘Selfless’ Provider And Great Father In Letter
''She said that while her mother Sharon Huddle lived in a “much nicer home” and “made way more money,” she chose to live with DeAngelo because "my father was, and still is, the best parent.” She called him a good listener.''

"The newly filed letter from his daughter makes no mention of DeAngelo's crimes or his many victims."

''His former wife Huddle, who filed for divorce from him in 2018, submitted a victim impact statement saying the revelation he was a serial killer and rapist ruined her ability to trust people.
“The defendant’s criminal actions have had a devastating and pervasive effect on my life and my family,” she said in a statement obtained by Oxygen.com. "I will never be the same person. I now live every day with the knowledge of how he attacked and severely damaged hundreds of innocent people’s lives and murdered 13 innocent people who were loved and have now been missed for 40 years or more.”

rbbm. speculation, imo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
melyssafox42
Back