CA - Hasanni Campbell, 5, Oakland, 10 Aug 2009 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
thank you so much ForensicsFan - it's wonderful to have locals keeping us informed. Please thank your wife for us - I know we all appreciate the time and effort you and your wife put in to help keep us informed and up-to-date! :clap:

She says you're very welcome. Neither of us can imagine what this little boy has gone through, and we want to see him found.

Perhaps the people in the neighborhood feel set up. Is it usual or unusual to put veteran homicide detectives on a missing person case? I thought homicide detectives worked exclusively on murders.

Perhaps you're right. I've seen this neighborhood mobilize so many times, to rally against the war, to attend city council meetings, to get people to vote, and even to organize a march to take "back the night" or the like after a spate of Rockridge store and restaurant holdups. Granted, there are those who remove themselves from participating in the community, but my experience has been that I've never seen a response this low.

I'm guessing it must be in relation to this particular case and the feeling they are being exploited for someone else's purposes. I can't imagine how mothers with strollers could walk by and not stop by the vigil otherwise.

To anyone wondering what was taken from the BMW via the FBI search warrant-

From his 2002 BMW, the FBI took swabs, the rear seat of the vehicle, carpet from the car, two car seats, molding and latches, according to a receipt of property from the FBI. An Alameda County Superior Court document also shows that four fingerprint lifts, eight DNA swabs and one pair of latex gloves were taken from the car.

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_13176347?nclick_check=1

Welcome To WS's Sleutherin, Protect -R- Babies, merimer & anyone else I may have overlooked the last few days & last couple of weeks! :blushing: :angel:

Please forgive my rudeness & delay in welcoming you all! :wink:​

024.gif

:angel:​

Thank You So Much Mr & Mrs Forensic Fan for all of your insight & wonderful pictures! You both are the best! :blowkiss:​

032.gif

:angel:​

Does anyone have the exact address of the auto place in hayward??

Just noticed the mention on KRON of 3 other search warrants (sealed now). Any speculation as to whether or not those would be for the same (LR's) house (it seems the first one was comprehensive), or where else they might have searched?

Just noticed the mention on KRON of 3 other search warrants (sealed now). Any speculation as to whether or not those would be for the same (LR's) house (it seems the first one was comprehensive), or where else they might have searched?

forensicFan - is that 3 in addition to the search warrant for the home? I think the FBI had 2 search warrants..one for the car and one for the yard??? not sure..I'll go back and look 'cause the info on the warrants was posted much earlier. mho

I went and looked at the Pick Your Part Auto Wrecking Inc. If you look just past it there seems to be water or maybe even a salt field?? If anyone knows that would be great??
Its seems like a good cover you bring your own tools thus a big bag or box (Hasanni is only 30lbs) Having a crying baby is good for remembering...... people dont forget hearing that.plus it seems very empty over in that area. Do you know if they searched over there or did they stay within the auto yard??

Isaw the video also .. let's hope they are getting close ....

I did notice in vigil pics that Mon must be trash day at JC place of employment. Cans on the street not just in parking lot. but I also do not believe Little Man was in that car in that parking lot on monday the 10th,
just thought it was interesting

no sword is more valuble info to me than a sword , but either way LE did not take it on 1st search despite what LR says

forensicFan - is that 3 in addition to the search warrant for the home? I think the FBI had 2 search warrants..one for the car and one for the yard??? not sure..I'll go back and look 'cause the info on the warrants was posted much earlier. mho

http://kron4.com/Regions/EastBay/tabid/66/Default.aspx

The video should come up on the right side of the page:
"3 Search Warrants Issued in the Search for Hasanni Campbell"

If you even look a little more to the left I believe its the Bay? In fact it looks like there a canal or something that leads into the bay..

I wonder if Monday is trash day, or if they moved the cans for the vigil. I believe I've seen trash cans out en masse on the streets on Thursdays, usually, but I'd have to check a city schedule (and it may be different on College Ave than on side streets).

I went and looked at the Pick Your Part Auto Wrecking Inc. If you look just past it there seems to be water or maybe even a salt field?? If anyone knows that would be great??
Its seems like a good cover you bring your own tools thus a big bag or box (Hasanni is only 30lbs) Having a crying baby is good for remembering...... people dont forget hearing that.plus it seems very empty over in that area. Do you know if they searched over there or did they stay within the auto yard??

I believe the reports were again different, guy at salvage yard says he got out, LR said he didn't .. I think that is how it went -- posted last night or night before here on WS I will try to find it in a while,... have to run out for a bit.

I wonder if Monday is trash day, or if they moved the cans for the vigil. I believe I've seen trash cans out en masse on the streets on Thursdays, usually, but I'd have to check a city schedule (and it may be different on College Ave than on side streets).

Not sure but in this video there are cns to right of parking lot but down just a bit not the same cans from the parking lot, maybe just a lazy property owner.

http://kron4.com/Regions/EastBay/tabid/66/Default.aspx

The video should come up on the right side of the page:
"3 Search Warrants Issued in the Search for Hasanni Campbell"

one search warrant to search car and house - LE (this is where the 2 foot sword comes in)
one search warrant to search car - FBI (this is where they took back seat, baby seats, etc.)

I have no idea what the 3rd one is. It shouldn't be this confusing. :confused:

I believe the reporter said "three more" search warrants in the case. I'm not sure the FBI search warrant would be counted in these, either, would it? (These were sealed by Alameda County Court, I think.)

Either way, if there have been 4 total so far, that would be at least 2 more, possibly 3.

On another note, I am concerned by the mention by LR in one extended interview about the dogs hitting towards the apartment building. That is one of the few scenarios I've entertained beyond LR/JC involvement (that the left archway I believe connects to the apt. area and someone would have to make such a quick grab).

But, I'd like to make a few points to the contrary, playing devil's advocate:

1. I can't imagine that police didn't interview the tenants of that building or ask to search their apartments. Neighbors have said police canvassing asked to see backyards, even sheds, etc.

2. I have a hard time believing the police dogs picked up a trail leading to the apartments and no one followed up on it, and now LE is denying it. That would seem counterproductive.

3. I watched search dogs going up and down the streets, and sometimes it looked like they were increasing pace or sniffing on the ground. I'm not sure that indicates a "hit." Do we think LR was truthful about the comments the dog handler allegeldy made to him?

That said, every time I consider the possibility that this couple is not involved, I can't fathom how awful that would be. But maybe that's a desired effect?

I remember reading something about serial killer Barbara Graham (http://tinyurl.com/nj5vgl). Her last words before execution were something like "Good people are always so certain they're right." Aimed at making people doubt that they had the right woman after all her criminal and murderous acts. Or Poly Klaas's killer suggesting her father had sexually abused her just to toy with his head at the trial or make people wonder. I just want to mention that while we want to be fair, it's important to be aware that certain statements may be made for just that purpose -- to make us second-guess what we already see and discern or gain our sympathies.

I do think it's important as some here have mentioned though to consider all possibilities in our sleuthing, since finding Hasanni is the paramount goal.

If you even look a little more to the left I believe its the Bay? In fact it looks like there a canal or something that leads into the bay..

yes interesting area , could be dumping area then a quick stop to salvage yard with Lil' Sis being the actual crier. would love to police interview with salvage yard employee,s ...... that entire area would take a long time to search. even with S & R dogs. Lets hope LE is checking it out around the salvage yard .. I have had strong feelings about that Salvage yard area out behind it and about an area just down the street from LR and JC home Tupelo and Paseo Padra Pkwy, new neighborhood going in lots of dumping ground.
Lord how I hate typing those words .......

I use the word "entertain" often in that manner. Not sure under those circumstances, but possibly. Then again, I also happen to be a pretentious git, so that likely explains that.

LOL! Me too.....:crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members