CA - Jahi Turner, 2, San Diego, 25 April 2002

Just bumping this up. :-(
Jahi Turner

Please call the San Diego Police Department at 619-531-2293 if you have any information about JAHI TURNER- Case number: 02-028012

The Charley Project Jahi Turner

Jahi Marques Turner

Case Type: Endangered Missing
DOB: Feb 10, 2000 Sex: Male
Missing Date: Apr 25, 2002 Race: Black
Age Now: 9 Height: 2'5" (74 cm)
Missing City: SAN DIEGO Weight: 30 lbs (14 kg)
Missing State : CA Hair Color: Black
Missing Country: United States Eye Color: Brown
Case Number: NCMC934331

Just got the following TEXT ALERT from 10NEWS:

Watch NOW: SDPD announces arrest in Jahi Turner Disappearance!!!!

From press conference live now:

Mom has been kept in contact, knows about arrest.

Stepfather arrested, has been in North Carolina for years.

Not just one piece of evidence, witness statements, since 4/25/2002, new technology, lots of work from DA's office and investigators. Evidence in totality. Still have the goal to recover Jahi's body.

Police Chief and Homicide Chief are choked up while talking.

Mom grateful for the continued efforts of LE.

Extradition process starts tomorrow afternoon - he can contest, 90 days to get a Governor's Warrant, if he doesn't protest he can be brought back within 30 days

From Press Conference:

Charges - 1 count of murder, 1 count of felony child abuse resulting in death

25 to Life

Everyone has big smiles!!!

I just found this story, Wow I am very interested what new evidence they have after all these years. He did time in jail for a 2004 murder, maybe he talked to someone in jail.

http://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/affidavit-boy-seriously-injured-before-reported-missing/

In an affidavit supporting the arrest warrant for Tieray Jones, investigators say Jones wrote in a notebook to his Navy wife who was deployed at the time that 2-year-old Jahi Turner was not moving or talking and had a bump on his head.

The journal entry was dated April 23, 2002, two days before Jones called 911 to report the boy was missing...

“Today for some reason he hasn’t been moving or really talking,” the journal states. “Jahi is starting to act really funny he won’t get off the floor. He’s not walking or talking when I tell him to get his cup he just looks at me. I know it’s going to take some time. But I don’t want him hating me for something I can’t control. The bump on his head has gone down I put ice on it. It’s gotten a little red.”

During 10 News (KGTV) broadcast #TheNow at 4 pm, 10 News Reporter Jeff Lasky https://twitter.com/10NewsLasky said the whole area was blocked by CSI in Juniper Canyon Open Space off the end of Delevan Drive, which is below the complex where Jahi's family lived.

CSI had a tent set up, had manhole covers up, and were sifting through sludge.

You can see the canopy and the truck that was there to help get the sludge up, etc. They had more video on #TheNow - I'm guessing it'll be up online and/or during the later regular KGTV/10 News broadcasts.

They are working on getting official confirmation it's related to Jahi's disappearance, but...appears very probable, given you can literally see the apartments his family had been living in, it coming shortly after the arrest, CSI being fully set up out there, etc.

twitter.com/annestate/status/743569730401869824
Curious scene near the former home of Jahi Turner. Is it related to his disappearance? #TheNow @10News 4PM

ClGwucLVEAAXXT-.jpg

Any updates since the 16th? I am local and haven't heard anything..... :(

Detective: Jahi Turner's stepfather 'animated' and 'very distracted' after boy disappeared in 2002

A man charged in the disappearance and murder of his stepson in 2002 seemed "animated" and was "foaming at the mouth" when approached shortly after calling 911 to report the child missing near a playground at the southern end of Balboa Park, a San Diego police detective testified Monday.

Jones' preliminary hearing continues Tuesday and testimony is expected to continue all week. At the end of the hearing, Judge Charles Rogers will determine whether enough evidence was presented for the defendant to stand trial.

Jahi Turner's Stepfather Faces San Diego Judge in Pretrial Hearing

Witnesses: Jahi Turner Not in South Park Playground on Day He Disappeared

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Jahi-Turner-Tieray-Jones-Missing-Child-South-Park-Golden-Hill-405051995.html

Several witnesses testified Tuesday that they did not see Jahi Turner at a South Park playground on the day he was reported missing in 2002.

Guadalupe Sauceda testified she was in the park at approximately 1:30 p.m. with her two-year-old son on the day Jahi Turner was reported missing. She recalls visiting the restroom with her son and leaving the playground at about 2:30 p.m.

She testified she saw several adults in the park near the picnic tables and under some trees but did not see the defendant or a boy wearing a Winnie the Pooh sweatshirt.

“No, that’s because back then at that age [my son] loved Winnie the Pooh,” Sauceda testified through a translator. “And when he would see Winnie the Pooh he would run to it.”

Call Between Parents Plays in Court on Day 3 of Jahi Turner Case

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Jahi-Turner-Tieray-Jones-DNA-Recording-Phone-Call-San-Diego-405289025.html

On March 17, 2015, Jahi’s mother, who went by the name Tameka Turner at the time, agreed to call the defendant with the SDPD listening on the line.

“Can you tell me exactly what happened that day?” she asked the defendant. “I need to hear it from you.”

Jones tells her that when he thinks back to that day, he doesn’t think he had walked too far away from Jahi; however, what happened in 2002 has changed how he treats their children.

“Out of everything in my life, sweetheart… it’s like one of the only things that it – it seems to be unexplainable,” Jones is heard saying on the recording.

Under cross-examination, defense attorneys brought up that the controlled phone call was made when Tameka and Tieray entered divorce proceedings and had begun a child custody battle.

Stepfather to Be Tried in 2002 Missing Child Cold Case

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Jahi-Turner-South-Park-Disappearance-Cold-Case-San-Diego-405486655.html

After a week of testimony from witnesses and investigators, a San Diego judge ruled Friday that Jahi Turner's stepfather will be tried in the toddler's shocking disappearance 14 years ago.

The two-year-old boy was reported missing from a South Park playground in April 2002. His body or remains have never been found.

Prosecutors called various witnesses who testified as to what they saw in the playground area of the park at 28th and Beech on April 25, 2002.

Man Accused in 2002 Death of Stepson Gets New Attorney

https://timesofsandiego.com/uncategorized/2016/12/22/man-accused-2002-death-stepson-gets-new-attorney/

Two weeks after he was ordered to stand trial on a murder charge, a man accused in the 2002 death of his 2-year-old stepson Jahi Turner was Thursday allowed to replace his two attorneys.

Deputy District Attorney Bill Mitchell objected to the proposed changes in Tieray Jones’ defense team, saying the move would unnecessarily impact the government’s right to a speedy trial.

But Superior Court Judge Kathleen Lewis relieved defense attorneys Alex Ozols and Vik Monder and appointed the Public Defender’s Office to represent Jones when the defendant said that’s what he wanted.

The 38-year-old defendant was arrested in North Carolina in April and brought back to San Diego to face charges. Trial is currently set for April 3.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrickheffley
Back