CA CA - Neal King, 25, Oroville, 26 March 2013

Wow, really Jennifer?
[/B]

Didn't Jennifer take things owned by her, her husband and Amazon Garden Supply? Why would the Kings be holding it in their possession? You'd think they'd want ALL of the Cheathams' crap off Neils property.

Didn't Jennifer take things owned by her, her husband and Amazon Garden Supply? Why would the Kings be holding it in their possession? You'd think they'd want ALL of the Cheathams' crap off Neils property.

Slippery slope.

No formal lease contract (verbal agreement, supposedly). No rent has been paid since January 2013. The King family stated Cheatham was sent an eviction notice (they sent it on Neal's companies behalf).

Regardless, going to the property and cutting locks in order to access your goods, isn't the right thing to do. Especially considering they are persons of interest in a murder investigation :moo:

Has it been classified as a murder investigation publically? Not being snarky, I ask because there was a flyer a few months ago sent to my workplace from LE and the way it was worded did sound like it was a recovery operation more than looking for him walking around. As far as the legalities of an eviction and no signed lease etc, that's a part of being in the industry that he was working-allegedly-by his girlfriend who was granted full immunity. If he owned more properties and had more business partners besides the Cheathams and Mr Cho (both of whom he allegedly was practicing bad business tactics upon), just how many enemies did this fellow aquire? I still view Amazon Garden Supply as a legitimate business that paid taxes and did some illegal tricks on the side. The company you keep does say a lot about character.

The BCSO press release goes on to say, “Based on information gathered, it is believed that foul play is involved with Neal King’s disappearance.” Investigators believe he was last seen alive in the Berry Creek area.

http://www.newsreview.com/chico/vanished-from-oroville/content?oid=9547944

Thanks! Wow, April 11th! No information about the Cheatham truck that was towed? I wonder if that is part of the "information gathered"? It seems like California likes to keep it under the vest until an arrest and trial. I think this one will have an answer but it might be a long time coming. Hope it's sooner rather than later though..

Missing: NEAL KING

Neal, Neal,when I held you in my arms in March when you were home and I hugged and kissed you, and I told you I loved you I did not know that would be the last time I would see you, I sent you on your way with love and light and a prayer and it was not enough to save you. No human being has the right to take your sacred life force energy from you that God gave you since your birth.

https://www.facebook.com/MissingNealKing?hc_location=stream

icon9.gif
I feel such compassion for the families of the missing. Neal's Mother's pain is heartbreaking.

First post, please go easy on me. ;)

Being local, I have been following this case with interest, due to a previous circumstance and the fact the growing for profit/dealing is getting way out of hand here.

Mr. Von Bargen seems to be a local real estate broker as well as a board member of the Oroville Economic Development Corporation. Also a general contractor. If he was at the Cheatham residence for a "fence job", please understand that most recent "fence jobs" serve the purpose of concealing pot grows, as the county ordinance mandates. Lots of them going up.

Also odd that he would "gift" the bail money for Mrs. Cheatham, but not offer the same to Mr. Cheatham. Hmm.

Last Friday afternoon, my wife was returning home after dropping off our daughter at a friend's house. She passed a Butte County "STARS" unit parked on the side of the road. There was also an individual that she said looked like a "detective" (polo shirt, but carrying a sidearm). They were both intently looking into the ditch as she drove past.

She told me about it when she arrived at home, and I turned on the scanner as well as grabbing a web feed, but details were minimal. It did sound like a couple of other SO units arrived, and they asked dispatch "Does STARS need to be a part of this activity"? The STARS unit was subsequently sent away.

I mention this as during the past week or two, while driving home from work and passing that spot, I have smelled decomp. It is a rural area and it has been very hot here. The occasional dead sheep, goat or calf in the ditch is not uncommon. I have checked the usual local news sources as well as the Sheriff logs - nothing. It is probably unrelated to this case, but I thought I should mention it. This was about 9 miles south of Palermo on Palermo-Honcut Hwy. Friday, July 5th around 5PM.

Welcome norcal62 :seeya:

Thanks for sharing, do you have any updates to the above?

I was just driving by and read up on this case a little--am I crazy or is it impossible to find a mugshot or an online photo of Jennifer Cheatham anywhere?

Thanks for sharing, do you have any updates to the above?

Unfortunately, no. The local news outlets don't do much updating on weekends. I will keep looking. Apparently, there was something of interest to law enforcement in the ditch, but whether it is newsworthy remains to be seen.

People used to dump meth lab chemicals in this area frequently, but that would have generated a full HAZMAT response.

Thank you for the welcome. :D I will certainly post if I discover anything further.

NFI on what was in the ditch, so likely insignificant.

According to online court records, Mr. Cheatham's request for a reduction of bail was denied yesterday.

Gayle King says her son Neal, 24, has been missing for more than three months, and she is only now feeling strong enough to speak about it publicly. She sat down with Action News Now via Skype from her home in McAllen, Texas this week. Jeanette "Jenny" Tully, Neal's girlfriend of nearly six years, sat next to her.

Jenny and Neal share an apartment and a car in Chico. She says Neal would never just abandon her. She says, after he failed to show up or to call, she called Don Cheatham, owner of Amazon Garden Supply at 29 Ridgeview Lane in Oroville. Neal had left their home to go to a business meeting with Cheatham, who she says had expressed interest in buying the property he leased for his business from Neal.

She says Neal came back from that meeting, and said he Don had requested they meet again. Jenny says, "He dropped me off at home and went to see Don. Then he came back and ate some yogurt, and said 'Don wants me to come back in a few minutes.' So he left, and he never came back after that."

Wednesday morning, the day after Neal went missing, Jenny say she went to Don's trailer on Hildale Avenue in Oroville and knocked on his door. She says he wouldn't open the door, and told her he didn't know where Neal was. He also told her to tell Neal to call him because they had business to do.

He told her to take Neal's car off his property, and she told him she didn't have the keys. She left, and when Neal still didn't come home, she called Don the next day.

http://www.khsltv.com/content/local...-Hope-for-Answers/8jq0_mrm_UiYCrRfYqMRuw.cspx

More at link~

The events, as stated in Jenny's recap of the day Neal disappeared, make no sense to me. I can only assume the missing details which would make the story flow, are withheld because of the illegal nature of the meeting and the business'.

Hejlena, it is curious that Don's booking photo was published, but not Jennifer's?

You're right, not adding up. I wonder if all of Neal's properties have been thoroughly searched? The article leads me to believe he had a couple if not more properties.

The events, as stated in Jenny's recap of the day Neal disappeared, make no sense to me. I can only assume the missing details which would make the story flow, are withheld because of the illegal nature of the meeting and the business'.

Hejlena, it is curious that Don's booking photo was published, but not Jennifer's?

The events as related don't make a lot of sense to me, either. Oroville and Chico are more than "a few minutes" apart. I don't think anyone would drive from Oroville to Chico and grab a quick bite if they were planning to meet someone back in Oroville "in a few minutes". But as you say, there may be some details missing.

Looking at Mr. Cheatham's case on the Butte County Court site, it appears there may a partial gag order on the proceedings in relation to the news media.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back