CA CA - Neal King, 25, Oroville, 26 March 2013

Another thing worth noting in regards to legal grow operations in the US: by engaging in this trade, you are putting yourself in direct competition with some pretty bad dudes down in Mexico. Until marijuana is legalized and regulated at the federal level, this danger will be a factor. Especially in the southwest United States.

Point well made Jo. I am in California and I can say your correct about this. These "bad dudes in Mexico" are setting up grows here. You have to be careful when hiking in case you stumble upon one.

Thanks for the insight in CA growing legalities..

It's a shame, that the greed of some will ruin it for the rest (and the ones genuinely growing for medicinal uses)

I've always believed in my perfect world, if drugs were legalized and controlled by the government a lot of the unnecessary violence that comes along with the drug trade would vanish. There will always be that element that will try to ruin it for some, but it's my opinion that if the government controlled it, then it might clean up the drug trade a bit..

Aussies (that arent tied into the drug trade) know better than to rip off crops, as I've said if its illegal here, the the bikies run it.. And trust me those guys don't play around... Kill first, no talk later!

Your thoughts of legalizing are valid although some of us have no faith in our government and are confident they will screw it up. The government can't even properly run our mail system. Be assured the government will get their paws on it, they want the tax money so they have more to squander away. Beyonce concerts are a bit pricey!

Missing: NEAL KING

7 hours ago near Brownsville, TX via mobile
The detectives on the case are actively working on leads and issued more search warrants, we are hoping to hear news this week on their progress, they are not able to tell us more because it could jeopardize their work. I bless all my friends and new friends for their prayers for Neal this morning in their services.

Your thoughts of legalizing are valid although some of us have no faith in our government and are confident they will screw it up. The government can't even properly run our mail system. Be assured the government will get their paws on it, they want the tax money so they have more to squander away. Beyonce concerts are a bit pricey!

I agree, our government would also stuff it up, have you seen the red headed less than perfect lady running our country into the ground??

But hey I don't use drugs (my brothers battle with heroin addiction was a huge turn off for me) so they can tax away all they like!!

I would just like the drug trade to be a little less violent and less death and destruction from it.. That and I've always thought once something becomes legal, it's less of a temptation/thrill do maybe that would reduce the amount of addicts too...

I agree, our government would also stuff it up, have you seen the red headed less than perfect lady running our country into the ground??

But hey I don't use drugs (my brothers battle with heroin addiction was a huge turn off for me) so they can tax away all they like!!

I would just like the drug trade to be a little less violent and less death and destruction from it.. That and I've always thought once something becomes legal, it's less of a temptation/thrill do maybe that would reduce the amount of addicts too...

http://www.canorml.org/medical-marijuana/local-growing-limits-in-California

Chico county:
Chico
Chapter 19.77 of Chico municipal code allows outdoor, residential cultivation of 50 square feet per parcel, regardless of the number of patients. Plants must be enclosed, screened, and 5 feet from the property line. Indoor cultivation (under 50 square feet and 1200 watts) can take place only with a permit stating outdoor is not possible and the building owner approves. States all marijuana grown must be for personal use only.

BBM-personal use only. I guess if you sell it it's still for someone's personal use.

This case can has potential to really hurt the small growers who are following CA laws. From what I've read most do not want many changes. They fear with more options on growing the "mom and pop" growers would not be able to compete with more commercial operations. Violence is also a big problem that can affect their livelihood-a ban, ect.

disclaimer-I do not partake, just know some who do and CPAs who have to deal with tax laws.

I don't smoke it either (I did way back in college, hell it was 1970, everybody did) and I live in the Bible Belt. IMO legalization and taxing it like liquor would be better all the way around. We have folks in jail for selling/using it and no room for heinous criminals. Of course the big time dealers are sleezy, but if it's federally regulated like booze the sleezy folks may fade away into obscurity. Prohibition of alcohol didn't go very well, KWIM?

I'm at work so I can't google (well, I could, but my employer probably wouldn't appreciate a google search about MJ laws) but I'm fairly certain the "personal use" clause is further defined in some places to include a number of plants (10, 20, something like that)

http://www.canorml.org/medical-marijuana/local-growing-limits-in-California

Chico county:
Chico
Chapter 19.77 of Chico municipal code allows outdoor, residential cultivation of 50 square feet per parcel, regardless of the number of patients. Plants must be enclosed, screened, and 5 feet from the property line. Indoor cultivation (under 50 square feet and 1200 watts) can take place only with a permit stating outdoor is not possible and the building owner approves. States all marijuana grown must be for personal use only.

BBM-personal use only. I guess if you sell it it's still for someone's personal use.

This case can has potential to really hurt the small growers who are following CA laws. From what I've read most do not want many changes. They fear with more options on growing the "mom and pop" growers would not be able to compete with more commercial operations. Violence is also a big problem that can affect their livelihood-a ban, ect.

disclaimer-I do not partake, just know some who do and CPAs who have to deal with tax laws.

Thanks for the info!

CPA is certified practicing accountant right??

I'm a financial planner (ex, because of my beautiful little midgets) and I don't pity your CPA friends and tax laws... I had a few clients in my time that I had to move on because I value my ASIC number far too much!! Due to bikie laws that our now in our state (south Australia) we aren't allowed any plants for personal growth it used to be 1-3 plants but if the cops caught you they'd still fine you and take your stash, you just wouldn't get done for dealing.. Now if you have a plant... Your a drug dealer..

http://www.chicoer.com/news/ci_23145039/hearing-continued-pair-facing-marijuana-charges-missing-man

Tuesday's preliminary hearing was postponed for a pair arrested on marijuana charges while officials were searching for a missing Chico man.
The hearing in Butte County Superior Court was continued after Donald Cheatham Jr.'s attorney, Roland Bennett of Rooney Law Firm, declared that his firm had a conflict, according to deputy district attorney David Garner.

When asked outside of court, Bennett declined to specify what the conflict was.

Prior to Cheatham's arrest, the Rooney Law Firm represented the girlfriend of Neal Forrest King, a 24-year-old Chicoan who has been missing since March 26.

According to an April 10 search warrant filed as part of the search for King, attorney Michael Rooney and King's girlfriend met with Butte County sheriff's detectives on April 1. During that meeting, the girlfriend provided information in the King case under a grant of immunity.

http://www.chicoer.com/news/ci_23145039/hearing-continued-pair-facing-marijuana-charges-missing-man
Am I missing something here? Of course there would be a conflict in representing Cheatham, after another member of the same firm also represented Neal's girlfriend. We have to wait until the hearing to declare this?

We would like to thank you all for all your loving support and prayers, we feel everyone of them and they lift us when we get discouraged and we rise up again. We will never give up, we want Neal home. Butte County Sheriff searched over 80 acres with K-9's and were unable to find Neal. We are planning in addition to the reward to rent a billboard and hire a detective. Blessings of love and light

the King Family

We would like to thank you all for all your loving support and prayers, we feel everyone of them and they lift us when we get discouraged and we rise up again. We will never give up, we want Neal home. Butte County Sheriff searched over 80 acres with K-9's and were unable to find Neal. We are planning in addition to the reward to rent a billboard and hire a detective. Blessings of love and light

the King Family

Someone needs to start talking!

First remember this...
According to the warrant, Wysocki spoke with Von Bargen and Jennifer Cheatham at the Hildale residence on April 1. Von Bargen said he, King and another man named Richard Cho purchased a property near Oro-Quincy and Old Olive highways. He said he sold his share to Cho and King after he learned Richard Cheatham would be renting the property.
Von Bargen said he was concerned about Cheatham's business, Amazon Garden Supply, and its connection to marijuana cultivation.

http://www.chicoer.com/ci_23042549/oroville-man-who-may-have-information-about-missing

first read this...
Regarding Jennifer Cheatham, 38, her attorney Dustin Gordon presented a third party willing to post her bail bond premium as a gift.

http://www.chicoer.com/news/ci_2305...s-light-events-leading-chicoans-disappearance

then read this...

Jennifer Cheatham posted $80,000 bail, thanks in part to a gift from Carl Von Bargen. A man with an identical name was a business partner of King's and a third man, and was also reportedly present at the Cheathams' Hildale property in the days following King's disappearance.

Now look at this...

She found Cheatham in a motor home in front of the house later on the morning of March 27. She was directed there by Von Bargen, who had arrived at the property for a fencing project.*

If everything I am putting together here is true.... I think Von Bargen is up to this to his eyeballs.... Just a feeling, no mention of him but, he is coming out smelling like a rose. He did not want anything to do with it right? But he was there after Neal disappearred and met his girlfriend at the door, told her where to find Cheatham in the trailer.
He then gives a GIFT to bond out Cheatham's wife....ummmm... the writing is on the wall in my opinion....

Good job Portabella!!!

Now, do you think LE can get either of the Cheatham's to flip?

What do you think of Cheatham trying to give his truck away in Shasta County? The area is so vast, possibilities are endless. I thought about cell phone pings (Cheathams), but I bet you can't even get a signal in a lot of those areas.

Good job Portabella!!!

Now, do you think LE can get either of the Cheatham's to flip?

What do you think of Cheatham trying to give his truck away in Shasta County? The area is so vast, possibilities are endless. I thought about cell phone pings (Cheathams), but I bet you can't even get a signal in a lot of those areas.

I know we are a victim friendly forum. So I will answer that carefully. I think there was a crime scene in that truck. I think that truck will have DNA in it. IMHO

~~~Bumping for Neal.~~~

Yesterday

7 weeks today. The investigation is still ongoing, but no other people have been arrested. We are working on getting billboards up, which will appear beginning in June in Oroville. Please keep Neal in your thoughts and prayers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back