CA CA - Orange Co., HispFem Skel UP12250, 30-60, 'Coach Williams' on jacket, Jan'14

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/woman-627352-orange-county.html

The broken nose seems older possibly and the jacket is manufactured if i read correctly in auburn alabama which is usually for those who work in an auburn related facility or fan base..... im thinking either killer or victim was origionally maybe from alabama then moved to cali or......... jacket was from thrift store.... /handed down.... Being i used to be in dental school im thinking the golden bridge is also key other than jacket.... golden bridges were an older thing of the past the only people who choose now are kids who find gold anything cool or if its andult its usually found in hispanic or black culture i dont ever see it in white people except maybe a cap or crown in kids....and its usually for visual affects but a bridge being gold again i think its an older lady and or possibly of another culture...... and she could has also crossed the borders and then later ot this jacket from a thrift store..... would make sens why noone in the us has reported anyone missing yet BUT.... even if that is the case why hasnt someone at least claimed the jacket to USE to be theirs or seen it on a relative before???? Crazy:fence:

Well, the answer to your last question is that most likely they've never seen the photo and don't know about her or the jacket. A friend who lives like two blocks from the park hadn't heard about it until I forwarded her this story. I wonder if there's even been a notice in the Auburn area?

Dang!! This woman looks spot-on like Genevieve Kathryn Alexander

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/a/alexander_genevieve.html

But the circumstances point to her drowning in the ocean.

a037f2e3-13ae-4b1d-af0d-13c6e641745d.jpg

It's really hard to figure out the pattern on that t-shirt because the photo was taken in the bright sunlight and in addition to the shadows on the shirt, there are heavily faded and mildewed areas. NamUs describes it as "a pinkish speckled short sleeved or tank top T-shirt with a black line design."

It looks a lot like a t-shirt I bought at a church sale in 2011 (I recall the year because I wore it to a class reunion later that summer.) A lot of the dark areas on this shirt match up with those on the UID's shirt, and the sleeves and neckline look similar. The back of my shirt is open with a "knot" in the middle, so it does look more like a tank top at least from the back. The pattern depicts retro-style female faces, a Rex cat, keyboards, etc. and there are several emblazoned decorations on it. It was originally bought at Wet Seal; a black tag is sewn into the left seam. What do you think -- could this be the same shirt or not?

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u316/Rollerwings/coachwilliamsshirt_zps9c10dd42.jpg

After comparing this Jane Doe's dental chart to one that's numbered a few things stick out:

1) Jane Doe did not have upper wisdom teeth (1, 16) and did not have one wisdom tooth on the bottom (32) antemortem/before death. Jane Doe DID have one wisdom tooth on her lower jaw (17). While I'm not a dental professional, I think it's odd she only has one wisdom tooth. Maybe it's possible her other three wisdom teeth were removed.

I was told when I had my wisdom teeth out that it's not uncommon for people to develop fewer than four wisdom teeth. I only had two and both needed to be removed because they were growing parallel to my jawbone and disrupting the rest of my teeth. I think dentists won't pull them if they're growing in correctly.

Franquemont looks quite promising. How far is it from Sunnyvale to where the body was found?

Sunnyvale is near San Francisco. SJ Capistrano is near San Diego. It's a full-day drive.

Traffic probably makes it longer but Google maps shows 7-8 hours

Traffic between Northern Los Angeles County (around Santa Clarita) all the way to San Diego is slower. Add in fuel and food stops, and it becomes more like a 10-11 hour drive.

And if you take the coastal route, it is probably even longer.

This might be far fetched but 'coach williams' is a basketball coach for NC tar heels mens basketball team...could she be someone from NC? a fan? just randomly throwing ideas around.

Traffic between Northern Los Angeles County (around Santa Clarita) all the way to San Diego is slower. Add in fuel and food stops, and it becomes more like a 10-11 hour drive.

idk, it fits. maybe someone should submit it? she supposedly was "working in so cal".

It seems to me that the jacket is key here. I see some people have done a bit of sleuthing into who Coach Williams could be, and I've done some myself. Here are my thoughts.

Let me preface this by saying that the likelihood of identifying the jacket's owner is slim, and even knowing who the jacket was made for could mean absolutely nothing in regards to determining Jane Doe's identity. I imagine that there are a lot of "Coach Williams" in all the clubs/colleges/high schools/private schools/summer camps, etc in CA and the surrounding states. Even narrowing it down to water polo or volleyball, I would venture to guess there are literally ten thousand people who this could reasonably have belonged to from California alone. "Williams" is the third most common last name in the USA. Now consider this - there are 602 high school boys water polo teams and just under 600 female teams in California. That is only at the high school level, only water polo, only in one state. Teams could have multiple coaches, and coaches could change every year. There are nearly 3000 volley ball teams. Again, we are only talking about the high school level.

Beyond that, it is definitely possible that the jacket was given to a thrift store or lost at a party and then obtained by someone who is completely unrelated to "Coach Williams.” Maybe the jacket belonged to a Coach Williams and his wife lent it to a friend who lost it on a train. Maybe “Coach Williams” is a woman who coached a tiny volleyball summer camp for a few weeks in a small town in Oklahoma and gave the jacket to her daughter when she went away to college.

Plus we have have no indication of a definite timeframe whatsoever. We can use our best judgment based on her clothing and our cultural knowledge, but we are essentially looking for a particular person who coached a sports team at any level in any state from any time in the last 50 or so years.

Despite all of that, having an article of clothing with an identifiable name and image found on an otherwise very difficult to recognize body is far more detail than many UID cases have. Even if the jacket was lost or given away to someone else entirely, it would be helpful to identify the original owner in order to establish some kind of timeline or geographic distinction. If it was made decades ago, though, I doubt the owner would even remember it. I’m sure even the smallest sports shops make hundred of these every year.

I have been doing a lot of research this week into possibilities, I'll make a follow up post in a bit. Just wanted to get this out there whie it was back at the top!

Hey all. I talked to someone at Auburn Sportswear and the Dect. working on this case and I was able to determine that the label of the jacket she was wearing was printed with a logo that the company didn't start using until 2001 or 2002. So that helps with the timeline.

The information given by the media and the Orange Co Sheriff Dept is surprisingly vague and contradictory. The press release says first that she was found NEAR Casper's Park, then later it says IN Casper's. Which is it? A media report puts it 9 miles from the Ortega Hwy which would put it well out of the Park.

There are three possible explanations for a body being found in the wilderness: 1) a murder victim's who was killed elsewhere and dumped there. There would be vehicle access very close and probably signs of trauma on the remains. There might be indications of attempts to conceal the body or the body may be in an "unnatural" or posed position. 2) someone who was alive and well when they came there and met with some "mishap". They could have died of natural causes(ie a heart attack), injuries, snakebite, animal attack, or exposure. They could have been lost and well off the trail. They could have been murdered by someone they were with. The location of the body and any signs of trauma would tell us a lot. You would expect a lone hiker who met with a mishap would have her car keys in her procession and there would have been an "abandoned" vehicle in the parking area. 3) Suicide. Suicides frequently conceal their identity and go somewhere to die where they intend for their body to not be found. They take measures to not be identified and to minimize the chance that a missing person report will be filed. The might plant a "red herring" like a false clue to their place of origin ( or a personalized windbreaker that can"t be traced to them).

If LE suspects suicide or a a non-homicide situation, they normally would be very free with information since they are only concerned with identifying the victim and closing the case. If homicide is suspect, they will be very careful what they disclose. I wonder if this is the reason the location where the body was found is not disclosed.

The fact that she was wearing a windbreaker suggest she died in the spring. By June (and usually May) it is quite warm there. There were photos and descriptions of her clothing but not her shoes. I find that interesting and possibly significant.

I don't know if anyone has seen this, but it's a composite sketch of her face.http://ocsd.org/gov/sheriff/divisions/prof/coroner/ud/jane/14_00097.asp

The park she was found is in a really nice, rich area of South OC. I've lived in OC all my life and know the area pretty well. I've never been to this park, but I was seeing this guy who lives near there and has lived there his entire life and when I told him about this case he was surprised since that area has low crime. It's also about an hour from SD (San Diego) and an hour and a half from Tijuana, so it's possible this woman was a Mexican immigrant who came to OC and wound up murdered.

Just wanted to add that it's not 10 hours from Santa Clarita to San Diego, and also, this Jane Doe wasn't found in SD. My ex is from Oceanside which is in Northern San Diego County, we would often go to Six Flags which is in Santa Clarita, it would take us about 2 hours, and we did stop along the way. I think you're confusing driving from NorCal down here to OC. I live in OC (Anaheim) and it takes 10-11 hours to drive to NorCal.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ONF21772
Back